+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: KISS GEM Side Kick - Sidemount Rebreather Video

RBW Key Holder
    Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

KISS GEM Side Kick - Sidemount Rebreather Video

KISS Side Kick - Sidemount Rebreather

RBW Member cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron's Avatar
    KISS Classic

Re: KISS GEM Side Kick - Sidemount Rebreather Video

Looks like it could easily be configured as a CCR primary/bailout rebreather as well. Is there anywhere to introduce oxygen into the loop? Is the ADV the same stem that is used in the classic?

Cam

RBW Member Mike Young will become famous soon enough Mike Young will become famous soon enough Mike Young will become famous soon enough Mike Young's Avatar
    Super KISS

Quote Originally Posted by cameron  View Original Post
    Looks like it could easily be configured as a CCR primary/bailout rebreather as well. Is there anywhere to introduce oxygen into the loop? Is the ADV the same stem that is used in the classic?

Cam
    I did not put an 02 port in.

Dive Junkie Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O's Avatar
    KISS Classic

Kiss Spirit, Sidekick, GEM

Cam
    Cam,

Yes, that is the same stem as the KISS Classic. With the adjustable paddle it's easy to fine tune the WOB for the individual diver.

All IMVHO obviously... Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field's Avatar
    NVMCCR Inspiration

Classic KISS, Sport KISS

Cam
    I'm sure if Jetsam don't someone will mod it with O2 add within minutes of opening the crate So Very easy to add surely.

Its a beautiful design IMO, first sidemount I've seen thats not a meter or more long for a start!

RBW Member cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron's Avatar
    KISS Classic

Looks like there is plenty of room on the top to drill and tap for an O2 fitting.

Cam

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Thanks for the great video. Since I never got the chance to play with it in person at Dutch, this was the next best thing. And a few things surprised me, like 3 cells vs. the one cell on the standard GEM (oh well, maybe I bought the wrong Fischer cable). I still think it would be an improvement to engineer a new mouthpiece with true sidemount design, having both hoses come off in the same direction. But I would have to see how much jaw fatigue there was after a while in real diving to tell if that's so important.

Nice job Mike. And good job on the presentation Dave and Curt.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

RBW Member Mike Young will become famous soon enough Mike Young will become famous soon enough Mike Young will become famous soon enough Mike Young's Avatar
    Super KISS

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    Thanks for the great video. Since I never got the chance to play with it in person at Dutch, this was the next best thing. And a few things surprised me, like 3 cells vs. the one cell on the standard GEM (oh well, maybe I bought the wrong Fischer cable). I still think it would be an improvement to engineer a new mouthpiece with true sidemount design, having both hoses come off in the same direction. But I would have to see how much jaw fatigue there was after a while in real diving to tell if that's so important.

Nice job Mike. And good job on the presentation Dave and Curt.
    I built several versions with both hoses together. This is fine if you always keep it strapped to your side. (Your LEFT side) If you have to take it off and manuver it the 2 hoses together are a pain in the @$$.

RBW Member MICHAL will become famous soon enough MICHAL will become famous soon enough MICHAL will become famous soon enough MICHAL's Avatar
    rEvomicronaut:)&OCsidemounther

And Now........
    the KISS GEM pSCR "Sidekick" in real world;
    nice video from Jackson Blue, Mariana
    ....looks Great to Me:)

Fake Diver Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack's Avatar
    Meg

KISS

Noticed a number of spots along there you were throwing constant streams of bubbles.