+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Scootering and back pain

Markku Diedrich Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure's Avatar
    Megalodon Apeks 2.5

Classic Inspiration

Scootering and back pain

As the title say`s, after arround 30 minutes riding the scooter i get massive back pain, all suggestions are welcome (except the "do not use a sooter").

One idea is that my meg is to short, he lie`s on my lumbar vertebral column...

RBW Member Bubblemaster is an unknown quantity at this point Bubblemaster's Avatar
    ISC Megalodon CE

Draeger dolphin, Inspiration

I don't have a scooter but would a strong bungee also help. Circle the fixed line around it like it is done with sailyachts for damoening the pulling from the waves otherwise tge ship might be damaged. Can imagine tgat the same thing is happrning to your back.
    And would a thick piece if neopreen at the backplate be an idea. That way the blood can continue to fliw better through youre muscles.

Hope that this helps.

Verstuurd van mijn GT-P3110 met Tapatalk

Sorta New Member w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley's Avatar
    JM Hammerhead

ISC Hammer-MEG

Re: Scootering and back pain

Assuming you are using a tow rope & crotch strap to transfer the load, you might check that you are keeping your wings inflated enough to lift your body and take the load off your back. You do have to stop every so often and check that you are neutral, or you will put a lot of strain on you and on your scooter, as you will be using it for your buoyancy.

If you find that you are riding with the scooter pulling down or with it pulling you up, then you need to stop and get neutral again. However, a 30 minute continuous ride will put a lot of strain on you no matter how well you're squared away.
    Bill Ripley

Rebreathers are something that we have to go to in order to dive the way we want to dive. They are not something we go to for any other reason.

RBW Member jukkao is on a distinguished road jukkao is on a distinguished road jukkao's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fun Under Pressure  View Original Post
    As the title say`s, after arround 30 minutes riding the scooter i get massive back pain, all suggestions are welcome (except the "do not use a sooter").

Just use it >30 min/day and you will be ok. Find a way to do it so that you can relax and just enjoy. With high power you may need special harness, torgue compensation and light leg trim.

Jukka

Scuba Imports Australia Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris is a name known to all Chris's Avatar
    rEVO III rMS

Inspo, Kiss, Prism, Meg, Pos

Get a three point crotch strap from DiveXtras.

I also used to get a really sore back and found it was from bending my back when scootering to stop getting castrated.

I don't Scooter without it
    Dive Xtras - Dive Xtras

Capt/ Instructor
    tmccar1 is a jewel in the rough tmccar1 is a jewel in the rough tmccar1 is a jewel in the rough tmccar1 is a jewel in the rough tmccar1 is a jewel in the rough tmccar1 is a jewel in the rough tmccar1 is a jewel in the rough tmccar1's Avatar
    SF2 | rEvo

PRISM Topaz

I had back pain when I was first doing longer dpv cave dives. I figured out that a little extra gas in the Drysuit boots kept my feet up and didn't have to arch so hard to stay in trim.

Also if its because of the short rebreather I know a guy up here uses what I joked was a starboard cutting board that pulled down at the bottom of his rebreather for back support on long decos. It was a revo mini and I have no idea how it was rigged up but maybe someone else can chime in there.

My latest problem is the castration thing with a new Trilam suit.
    -Capt Tom McCarthy
    Stone Rust | East Coast Wreck Diving
    SF2 | rEvo
    Training | Charters | Equipment

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

I want to learn more about Scootering. Is back pain common issue when Scootering underwater on a rebreather?

Best regards,
    Chett. L

Dark, cold and wet. DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ's Avatar
    rEvo III Mini rMS

rEvo III Standard hCCR

Quote Originally Posted by Chett.L  View Original Post
    I want to learn more about Scootering. Is back pain common issue when Scootering underwater on a rebreather?

Best regards,
    Not for me but tow cord length and positioning is critical. Don't want to be fighting the unit when under tow.

When I first jump in, I immediately think my tow cord is too long until I stretch out, and it all falls into place.

Asia's rEvo Gal :) Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline's Avatar
    rEvo X MFT mCCR

rEvo MFT/rMS, Micro II mCCR,

So far, I've not have this problem, be it OC or RB. The length of the tow cord plays a part. I always ride my scooter at an arm's length ahead. Slightly longer on the tow cord, will affect my ride, so I'll tie a knot to shorten it.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

It's Hammertime! Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski's Avatar
    Hammerhead

Megalodon, Inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by Fun Under Pressure  View Original Post
    This has always been a problem for me and I need a stand or a longer can to sit on my ass instead. Regardless whether I am scootering or not.
    Hammerhead CCR Instructor
    Hammerhead Repair Facility
    Golem Gear Dealer
    www.silentthrill.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast