+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Meg and Ray loop hoses... Same size???

The TOOL has spoken deeprapture is an unknown quantity at this point deeprapture's Avatar
    Leaky CC Ray

CK

Meg and Ray loop hoses... Same size???

Hey all,

Trying to determine if the Meg loop hoses have the same diameter end as the small end of a Drager Ray loop hose...

I've searched a bit but never found a for sure answer, but I have seen the same dimension in two different locations on the web of 36mm.

I'm hoping to use a complete Ray loop on a set of Meg T-pieces...

Thanks for any info...
    Cheers

JD

Markku Diedrich Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure's Avatar
    Megalodon Apeks 2.5

Classic Inspiration

Re: Meg and Ray loop hoses... Same size???

The hoses from the Head to t-pieces have on both ends the same diameter 36 mm sounds correct, the hoses from t-pieces to DSV have different ends, at the DSV the diameter is 44 mm,.....

The TOOL has spoken deeprapture is an unknown quantity at this point deeprapture's Avatar
    Leaky CC Ray

CK

Quote Originally Posted by Fun Under Pressure  View Original Post
    The hoses from the Head to t-pieces have on both ends the same diameter 36 mm sounds correct, the hoses from t-pieces to DSV have different ends, at the DSV the diameter is 44 mm,.....
    Its been awhile, but thanks for the info, it has helped me in my decision!!!
    Much Appreciated

JD

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Not sure of all the sizes, but I do know for a fact that the Ray hoses are so tight on a Meg DSV that it is a real bitch to get them on. Meaning the Ray hoses are definitely smaller.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

Leaky CC Ray

CK

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Not sure of all the sizes, but I do know for a fact that the Ray hoses are so tight on a Meg DSV that it is a real bitch to get them on. Meaning the Ray hoses are definitely smaller.
    Thanks for the hands on information, but I'm using pretty much a revo loop (incl the DSV) so I was more concerned about the smaller dia end fitting on a stock meg T-piece, so I could use a set of OTS Meg CL's but I diverted that issue by getting some T-pcs from Martin (Tecme) that were made to order.

The reason I revisited this thread I started a few months ago is now I'm looking into getting some GG BMCL (JZ system) with the Lo-Pro GG T-pcs so I'm back to the same question, BUT I'm pretty sure it'll all fit up nicely. Yhanks to u guys its not as big of a mystery as it was a month or so ago.

It's all very hard to estimate what fits what when you don't have any parts to any other CCRs around to tinker with (as they tend to be costly )
    nor do you have any friends that live close that dive CC, so its all a guessing game (Thankfully RBW is the one stop shop for most of my random questions that come up)

I appreciate any input...

RBW Member Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P's Avatar
    TR300c (mCCR)

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Soo, can Ray hoses be used on Meg BOV/DSV or not?

Doing What Works jcook is an unknown quantity at this point jcook's Avatar
    Sidemount Meg

Quote Originally Posted by Igor P  View Original Post
    Soo, can Ray hoses be used on Meg BOV/DSV or not?
    Yes they can.

Leaky CC Ray

CK

Re: Re: Meg and Ray loop hoses... Same size???

Jcook said it... yes they can.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

RBW Member Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P's Avatar
    TR300c (mCCR)

Hm, got opignion from Martin at Tecme That it can not.... strange....
    Wanted to buy his GG BOV, but he wrote Ray hoses do not fit.....
    Sent from my PAP4500DUO using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Igor P; 23rd August 2013 at 14:33.

Leaky CC Ray

CK

Oops, I replied in too big a hurry. I can not say whether the ray hoses fit on the Meg DSV as my loop is the drager hoses and DSV, just like rEvo. What I can confirm is that the tpieces I got from martín that were made for the Meg CL do fit the drager loop hoses but Im not sure if the hose connections are the same día as the OEM meg tpieces.

Its been several months since Ive tinkered with that setup so pretty much I cant offer any good info right now.

I would take DSIX contribution as accurate since he seems to be pretty knowledable and experienced. Of course, since I dont know him personally, I cant know for sure, but IMO, his is the best answer thus far.

I dont own a Meg DSV so I cant test it out. Sorry thats about the best I can offer until I get settled in my new location and can bust my kit out of storage.

To be contd. Take it easy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast