+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rebreatherworld removes the NACD section.

RBW Key Holder
    Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

Rebreatherworld removes the NACD section.

Due to the recent failure of the NACD board of directors (BOD) to follow bylaws, rebreatherworld.com has removed the NACD section within RBW.

This is not preventing RBW members from posting about the NACD, it just removes their dedicated section. New posts can be posted here in the "CCR & SCR cave diving and training" area.

Rebreatherworld, Advanced Diver Magazine, and the Exploration Foundation has also discontinued as the host and coordinator for the up-coming NACD Rebreather Summit.

All speakers scheduled by the host for this event have pulled their talks. All manufacturing sponsors gathered by the host for the summit have pulled their supporting funds.

If and when the NACD ever recovers, the section will be reconsidered.

Curt Bowen
    CEO RBW/ADM

RBW Member Inverted_Diver is an unknown quantity at this point Inverted_Diver's Avatar
    rEvo III Hybrid

Well maybe I'm the only one...but your post certainly makes me curious. What happened?

I started looking up the bylaws, but w/o context I figured I should just ask.

http://www.safecavediving.com/bylaws.htm

More beans, Mr Taggert? jlcdvr is a jewel in the rough jlcdvr is a jewel in the rough jlcdvr is a jewel in the rough jlcdvr is a jewel in the rough jlcdvr is a jewel in the rough jlcdvr is a jewel in the rough jlcdvr is a jewel in the rough jlcdvr is a jewel in the rough jlcdvr's Avatar
    side mounted hammerhead

kiss classic

Re: Rebreatherworld removes the NACD section.

Good move Curt. Don't let them (NACD) drag the entire cave community down with them. Joel

RBW Member Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P's Avatar
    TR300c (mCCR)

I am interested too.
    What happened?
    Igor P
    Quote Originally Posted by Inverted_Diver  View Original Post
    Well maybe I'm the only one...but your post certainly makes me curious. What happened?

I started looking up the bylaws, but w/o context I figured I should just ask.

http://www.safecavediving.com/bylaws.htm

Best,

Igor P

Sent ftom my GT-I5800 using Tapatalk.

RBW Member Captain Bil has a spectacular aura about Captain Bil has a spectacular aura about Captain Bil has a spectacular aura about Captain Bil has a spectacular aura about Captain Bil has a spectacular aura about Captain Bil's Avatar
    Meg ECCR

I've been following this latest fiasco on CDF and fully support this decision. Maybe the membership will wake up and take control.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

RBW Member osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris's Avatar
    HH INSPO HYBRIB BASTARDISED MK

KISS/IDA64/72/60/Mk15/Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Bil  View Original Post
    I've been following this latest fiasco on CDF and fully support this decision. Maybe the membership will wake up and take control.

Great. I'm glad you know what it's about. Perhaps you'd educate the rest of us on the issue. Having got snippets on another forum I'm guessing it has to do with substance use or abuse depending on your point of view?

By the way, a general question to Curt and Cap'n Bill - are you both members of NACD?

RBW Member Captain Bil has a spectacular aura about Captain Bil has a spectacular aura about Captain Bil has a spectacular aura about Captain Bil has a spectacular aura about Captain Bil has a spectacular aura about Captain Bil's Avatar
    Meg ECCR

Quote Originally Posted by osiris  View Original Post
    Great. I'm glad you know what it's about. Perhaps you'd educate the rest of us on the issue. Having got snippets on another forum I'm guessing it has to do with substance use or abuse depending on your point of view?

By the way, a general question to Curt and Cap'n Bill - are you both members of NACD?
    Mostly a lot of political infighting, childish nonsense, all wrapped around an NACD instructor's bust for an alleged drug deal and the board's response to it. Look at CDF for more details.

I am not a current member, this type of stuff, albeit on a less intense level, is what caused me to no longer support them.

I currently support the NFSA. They have events and projects and that is it (so far). I hope it stays that way.
    Hope that helps.

RBW Member dreamdive has disabled reputation dreamdive's Avatar
    Pathfinder, rEvo, Explorer

Meg, PrismII, Titan, Optima, 7

Quote Originally Posted by osiris  View Original Post

You might gain increased insight on TDS with the discussions going on there.

RBW Member Inverted_Diver is an unknown quantity at this point Inverted_Diver's Avatar
    rEvo III Hybrid

Thanks for the TDS suggestion, I found a few posts that shed light on a recent "coup"?

TDS Kills NACD Section Too
    A concise recap of ousting folks while they were out of town

Dark, cold and wet. DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ's Avatar
    rEvo III Mini rMS

rEvo III Standard hCCR

I saw a post on another board which states NACD board are going to "close" some caves until the membership get back in line - I have no idea if this is accurate or not? Can anyone explain if there is any truth to this and what the BOD can and cannot do?