+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: 40metre deco dive, suffered Spinal bend

  1. #11
    RBW Member Apeturbo is an unknown quantity at this point Apeturbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Italy - Toscana - Versilia
    Posts
    30
    Custom Dolphin mCCR

    Re: 40metre deco dive, suffered Spinal bend

    Maybe some problems with PpO2 monitor?
    There was an o2 cell connected with your vrx, or you have set only the PpO2 to a constant?

    Daniele from Italy.

  2. #12
    RBW Member Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje is a jewel in the rough Jantje's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Curaçao
    Posts
    544
    rEvo III hCCR

    Re: 40metre deco dive, suffered Spinal bend

    How the hell does a Suunto Vytec do PPO2 monitoring?
    It's an OC air/nitrox comp.

  3. #13
    RBW Member seaurchindivers is an unknown quantity at this point seaurchindivers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    UK West Sussex
    Posts
    16
    Drager Dolphin

    drager ray, Submatix mCCR

    Re: 40metre deco dive, suffered Spinal bend

    Quote Originally Posted by Jantje  View Original Post
    How the hell does a Suunto Vytec do PPO2 monitoring?
    It's an OC air/nitrox comp.
    I was on OC on this dive.

  4. #14
    RBW Member seaurchindivers is an unknown quantity at this point seaurchindivers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    UK West Sussex
    Posts
    16
    Drager Dolphin

    drager ray, Submatix mCCR

    Re: 40metre deco dive, suffered Spinal bend

    Quote Originally Posted by Apeturbo  View Original Post
    Maybe some problems with PpO2 monitor?
    There was an o2 cell connected with your vrx, or you have set only the PpO2 to a constant?

    Daniele from Italy.
    I was on OC for this dive.

    When using my VRx with my Submatix, I set the P02 on the VRx and manually adjust mCCr to match.

  5. #15
    RBW Member José Marques will become famous soon enough José Marques will become famous soon enough José Marques will become famous soon enough José Marques's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    57
    Sentinel and Ouroboros

    Inspiration

    Re: 40metre deco dive, suffered Spinal bend

    Quote Originally Posted by seaurchindivers  View Original Post
    Model dive, done this dive so many times, easy dive, no issues. so at a loss to know, hence going to have a PFO test to see if that shows anything. first hit after 27 years of diving!! arrrrr

    Hi

    For sure it was not PFO problem.

    If you have that problem, you had lots off dci problems before.

    Probably shit happens, even when you choose and follow all rules.

    try to be more conservative next time, and check.

    cheers
    Jose

  6. #16
    RBW Member izze will become famous soon enough izze will become famous soon enough izze will become famous soon enough izze will become famous soon enough izze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    66
    JJ

    Re: 40metre deco dive, suffered Spinal bend

    Quote Originally Posted by José Marques  View Original Post
    Hi

    For sure it was not PFO problem.

    If you have that problem, you had lots off dci problems before.

    Probably shit happens, even when you choose and follow all rules.

    try to be more conservative next time, and check.

    cheers
    Jose
    This is not correct. PFO could definitely be the cause in a case like this.

  7. #17
    RBW Member Meno is an unknown quantity at this point Meno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Switzerland/Berne
    Posts
    52
    Inspiration Vision

    Inspiration Classic

    Re: 40metre deco dive, suffered Spinal bend

    Hi!

    Wait for the PFO results. It could be for sure the reason.
    I also had something similar. 13 years dive experience, over 1000 dives and never had a problem before. Than after a used profile, that i did several times before (40m, 30min botton time, 13 min. CC deco), I got a DCSIII..... And it was a PFO!!!

    Now I'm diving again without restrictions. I took the decision, not to close it. The risk of an operation was to high for me. Now I'm diving "conservative", low-bubble diving, without deco and do not change to low ppo during the safety stop. I keep it at 1.3 in the last 10m and do around 10 min. at 10-6m. The rebreather is perfect for it!

    Safe diving with an open heart....

    Good luck!!!!
    Last edited by Meno; 24th August 2012 at 19:46.

  8. #18
    RBW Member seaurchindivers is an unknown quantity at this point seaurchindivers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    UK West Sussex
    Posts
    16
    Drager Dolphin

    drager ray, Submatix mCCR

    Re: 40metre deco dive, suffered Spinal bend

    Just had PFO test.. no PFO. mmmm. good news tho.



    Quote Originally Posted by Meno  View Original Post
    Hi!

    Wait for the PFO results. It could be for sure the reason.
    I also had something similar. 13 years dive experience, over 1000 dives and never had a problem before. Than after a used profile, that i did several times before (40m, 30min botton time, 13 min. CC deco), I got a DCSIII..... And it was a PFO!!!

    Now I'm diving again without restrictions. I took the decision, not to close it. The risk of an operation was to high for me. Now I'm diving "conservative", low-bubble diving, without deco and do not change to low ppo during the safety stop. I keep it at 1.3 in the last 10m and do around 10 min. at 10-6m. The rebreather is perfect for it!

    Safe diving with an open heart....

    Good luck!!!!

  9. #19
    RBW Member seaurchindivers is an unknown quantity at this point seaurchindivers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    UK West Sussex
    Posts
    16
    Drager Dolphin

    drager ray, Submatix mCCR

    Re: 40metre deco dive, suffered Spinal bend

    Just had PFO test. all clear.





    Quote Originally Posted by izze  View Original Post
    This is not correct. PFO could definitely be the cause in a case like this.

  10. #20
    RBW Member thetrickster is on a distinguished road thetrickster is on a distinguished road thetrickster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Gibraltar / Spain
    Posts
    372
    APD Evolution Vision

    Re: 40metre deco dive, suffered Spinal bend

    Quote Originally Posted by seaurchindivers  View Original Post
    Just had PFO test.. no PFO. mmmm. good news tho.
    Well that is GOOD news. It means you can still dive! ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts