+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 11 ... LastLast

Thread: My first Alpinist dive

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

My first Alpinist dive

You might remember a thread I posted some time back that was telling about how swadiver and myself had been thinking about diving without bailout tanks for our rebreathers. All of our failures and problems during our dives have been from OC stuff and it was just becoming to big of a PITA.

Well, yesterday we planned on doing a recon dive to a new wreck that we found by accident a few weeks ago. We missed our intended dive since our captain hot dropped us at the wrong spot, but we did come across this wreck. It was deeper than our inteded plan for that day so we did not stick around.

The new wreck lays in about 270' of water and there were a couple of intense thermoclines on the way down. We were forced to endure 55 degree bottom temperatures. I was in an old 5mm wetsuit (now a 3mm due to age) but swadiver was in a 5mm with another hooded vest. I thumbed the dive after only 15 minutes due to the fact that my balls were so cold that they felt like they were on fire.

At least we did get a photograph of our great adventure diving alpinist. It certainly made the gas logistics much easier than dealing with 3 additional tanks.

I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

RBW Member Paul T will become famous soon enough Paul T will become famous soon enough Paul T will become famous soon enough Paul T will become famous soon enough Paul T's Avatar
    Ouroboros

Kiss Classic

Glad you both made it back ok

Sorry, but i still think you're an accident waiting to happen

Paul

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

RBW Member Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P's Avatar
    TR300c (mCCR)

+1

Quote Originally Posted by Paul T  View Original Post
    Glad you both made it back ok

Sorry, but i still think you're an accident waiting to happen

Paul

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Best,

Igor P

Sent ftom my GT-I5800 using Tapatalk.

RBW Member thetrickster is on a distinguished road thetrickster is on a distinguished road thetrickster's Avatar
    APD Evolution Vision

Re: My first Alpinist dive

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    The new wreck lays in about 270' of water....I thumbed the dive after only 15 minutes due to the fact that my balls were so cold
    270' of water and no bailout???? No wonder your balls were cold.
    You've got balls of steel!

Steve Rich stunsm is a jewel in the rough stunsm is a jewel in the rough stunsm is a jewel in the rough stunsm is a jewel in the rough stunsm is a jewel in the rough stunsm is a jewel in the rough stunsm is a jewel in the rough stunsm is a jewel in the rough stunsm's Avatar
    rEvo II

Classic/Sport KISS

Not a comment about alpinism, but... "We missed the wreck, but no worries, here's another one!" Damnit, I really need to move to Florida!

RBW Member jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk's Avatar
    HammerMeg

Kiss Classic, Inspiration

No credit or mention about the person taking the picture?

Your still a wimp (now a crazy wimp) you need to come north and dive in the low 40's once you pass 60ft. Even in dry suit its cold but you get so numb you don't fell it until you come up thru a thermocline into warmer water and then everything that was numb starts to feel on fire.

Underwater Paparazzi sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver's Avatar
    Dive Rite Optima

Quote Originally Posted by jkaterenchuk  View Original Post
    No credit or mention about the person taking the picture?
    John, my guess is their next of kin insisted the dive be documented by a photographer in case they opted to take future legal action.

Randy Thornton Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict's Avatar
    Hammerhead Sentinel Evolution

Optima Inspiration Prism 2

Diving without bailout works great until it doesn't! Please be careful! Glad you had a successful dive!

Hammermeg, Copis2, Kiss divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe's Avatar
    Meg 2.7, Hammermeg, copis meg

Kiss Sport, Draeger dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by Mixaddict  View Original Post
    Diving without bailout works great until it doesn't! Please be careful! Glad you had a successful dive!
    +1
    Don do not tempt Murphy be CAREFUL.
    Gabe

RBW Member SlicerDicer is on a distinguished road SlicerDicer is on a distinguished road SlicerDicer's Avatar
    MK15

Inspiration Vision

I am just curious as something is a PITA you would rather just die if something went wrong?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 11 ... LastLast