+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HP treatment - lisinopril

MarcinG MarcinG is an unknown quantity at this point MarcinG's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision; SF 2

HP treatment - lisinopril

Hello.
    Does anyone have experience with lisinopril, a drug used in HP treatment ? I wonder whether it interferes in any way with technical rebreather diving.

Cave Country Dive Shop Jim Wyatt is an unknown quantity at this point Jim Wyatt's Avatar
    rEvo

Re: HP treatment - lisinopril

Quote Originally Posted by MarcinG  View Original Post
    Hello.
    Does anyone have experience with lisinopril, a drug used in HP treatment ? I wonder whether it interferes in any way with technical rebreather diving.
    I took it for a few months. My friend Richard Walker who is a hyperbaric physician told me it was no problem diving with lisinopril. Lisiniopril is used to treat high blood pressure.

Plays with High Voltage trident00 has a spectacular aura about trident00 has a spectacular aura about trident00 has a spectacular aura about trident00 has a spectacular aura about trident00 has a spectacular aura about trident00 has a spectacular aura about trident00's Avatar
    KISS classic

I take it for high blood pressure and have never had any problems with it. It is an ace inhibitor. If anyone finds a problem with it diving, I would be interested.

Cheers, Walt

LEARNING CONTINUALLY rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver's Avatar
    Inspo Vision

Classic YBOD

I've been on Aceon for years with no problem. If I had to be admitted to a hospital then it would be Lisinopril. No worry with the med, but please keep the BP under control.

RBW Member dreamdive has disabled reputation dreamdive's Avatar
    Pathfinder, rEvo, Explorer

Meg, PrismII, Titan, Optima, 7

Just FYI:

There is some talk about ACE Inhibitors (like Lisinopril) inhibiting CoQ10 conversion. It might be useful to take CoQ10 if on an ACE inhibitor to protect the heart.

Richie Burr diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb's Avatar
    O2ptima FX

Been taking Lisinopril (20mg) for years with no noticeable ill effects from diving.

Richie

Hammermeg, Copis2, Kiss divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe is just really nice divingabe's Avatar
    Meg 2.7, Hammermeg, copis meg

Kiss Sport, Draeger dolphin

I have been taking lisinopril also for BP for better than 7 yrs. I have not felt any ill effect diving.
    Gabe

MarcinG MarcinG is an unknown quantity at this point MarcinG's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision; SF 2

Thanks a lot to everyone. I feel much better now :). Today I took a nice dive on Loredan wreck at Sardinia - first time on lisinopril and for the time being may definitely confirm no negative influence of the medicine.

Cave Country Dive Shop Jim Wyatt is an unknown quantity at this point Jim Wyatt's Avatar
    rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by dreamdive  View Original Post
    Just FYI:

There is some talk about ACE Inhibitors (like Lisinopril) inhibiting CoQ10 conversion.

What is CoQ10 ?

RBW Member jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat is a glorious beacon of light jcmankat's Avatar
    rEvo 3 MICRO FT

rEvo 3 Standard HCCR, MEG 2.01

Delete.. Wrong post,,, sorry ;)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast