+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: gopro lighting

RBW Member Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse's Avatar
    rEvoIII mini hCCR

RG-UMF,IDA 71,rEvo mCCR

Re: gopro lighting

Quote Originally Posted by Michigandiver  View Original Post
    Just a followup. I took the stock GoPro dive housing to 200ft on a couple dives. However at 180 feet (which was very consistent at 180ft) it became useless as the buttons all depressed and was unable to get it out of the setup mode. Once I got above 180ft the buttons started to function again. Kinda sucks as I was really hoping to get video of the wreck at 300 that I was on this past weekend. Oh well, guess I might have to invest in the Golem housing at some point.
    or some stiffer button springs.

Urrrgh! Ukon is an unknown quantity at this point Ukon's Avatar
    rEvo II

KISS Classic

Quote Originally Posted by Michigandiver  View Original Post
    Just a followup. I took the stock GoPro dive housing to 200ft on a couple dives. However at 180 feet (which was very consistent at 180ft) it became useless as the buttons all depressed and was unable to get it out of the setup mode. Once I got above 180ft the buttons started to function again. Kinda sucks as I was really hoping to get video of the wreck at 300 that I was on this past weekend. Oh well, guess I might have to invest in the Golem housing at some point.
    I've had mine to 250 in the stock housing and had no problems with buttons. I have it mounted on my light head (Halcyon 21w HID) with a Pringles cap bungied over it for a diffuser. I'm getting decent footage for my standards in 10-15 foot visibility. I wanted a camera I didn't have to pay attention to during my dives and it fits the bill perfectly. BTW it's the 720p model, not the 1080 if that makes a difference.
    Best of luck!
    Don Ferrara

RBW Member phbillard is an unknown quantity at this point phbillard's Avatar

Just a quick note to mention I successfully had mine to 94m (308 ft) in the original housing.
    Activated at the surface it kept filming perfectly, so I can't say anything concerning the buttons

Philippe

RBW Master Plumber lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof's Avatar
    Hammerhead

Meg,Prizm,RB80,LARV,MK15,HomeB

Cool video from 217m (712feet) deep dive in Hranicka propast in Czech republic. It is in Czech (and Polish). It is nice to see our GoPro housings, Shrimp BOVs and Hammerheads put to a good use.

http://www.videapro.cz/potapeni/video/351-hranicka-propast-217m-ponor-kryzstof-starnawskim/

Quote Originally Posted by ml_guy  View Original Post
    That might be a bit ambitious....I imploded an EyeofMine GoPro housing at 200' - it was supposedly rated for 220...
    I've had my eysofmine to 480 with no problems but it warps at 300+
    the chec video is awesome. I'm going to try to copy the helmet arrangement.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2