+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Innerspace 2012

Head Dishwasher
    Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey's Avatar
    Meg-Pathfinder-Evo +

Innerspace 2012

Would like to start communicating with people going to Innerspace this year.

This is the first time I have had to actually Fly Comercial to do a trip, and I am trying to get some feed back on what and how to pack and where.

Cayman Airlines allows 1 carry on.. and two 55 pound checked bags.

I am looking at using plastic cases that I can Zip tye the lids to, but am concerned about customs opening them and not sealing them back...

Do any of you have any tips and tricks to part with?

Monkey
    Monkey Diver Inc.
    Monkey Diver Travel Inc.
    http://www.monkeydiver.com

Hammerhead CCR diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike's Avatar
    HammerHead CCR

Sidekick & Others

Re: Innerspace 2012

When ever I have flow with my ziptyed cases I have taped a note to the inside in a big font asking them to please re-ziptye the case.

In every case they have done as asked...

Good Manners always seem to help....

M

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey  View Original Post

This is the first time I have had to actually Fly Comercial to do a trip, and I am trying to get some feed back on what and how to pack and where.

I am looking at using plastic cases that I can Zip tye the lids to, but am concerned about customs opening them and not sealing them back...

Monkey

Head Dishwasher
    Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey's Avatar
    Meg-Pathfinder-Evo +

Quote Originally Posted by diverklondike  View Original Post
    When ever I have flow with my ziptyed cases I have taped a note to the inside in a big font asking them to please re-ziptye the case.

In every case they have done as asked...

Good Manners always seem to help....

M
    I was thinking of Ziptying the backs and using TSA locks on the front.
    Monkey Diver Inc.
    Monkey Diver Travel Inc.

RBW Member das will become famous soon enough das will become famous soon enough das will become famous soon enough das will become famous soon enough das's Avatar

Carry on what you don't want stolen or broken, computers, rb heads, cameras,... Put a nice note in the check bags with your name and cell number and a zip tie asking they reseal when they are done. TSA locks will be cut if they open the bag. Assume all bags will be dropped at least five feet to concrete floor. Hope for the best.

See you at Innerspace,
    DAS

I was thinking of Ziptying the backs and using TSA locks on the front.

RBW Member das will become famous soon enough das will become famous soon enough das will become famous soon enough das will become famous soon enough das's Avatar

Packing for Grand Cayman Monkey Diver Inc. Rebreather Expeditions

I looked at your picture and would suggest you remove the cap off the canister. Leave the opening easily accessible. TSA generally does not attempt to remove caps or plugs and will simply remove the item.. If you are going to bring bottles do not use plugs. Instead use a quart baggy to cover the openning.

When using zip ties use different colors for the reseal so you can see at a glance if the bag has been opened.

Finally, take a picture before you seal the bag.
    DAS

Head Dishwasher
    Meg-Pathfinder-Evo +

Quote Originally Posted by das  View Original Post
    Packing for Grand Cayman Monkey Diver Inc. Rebreather Expeditions

I looked at your picture and would suggest you remove the cap off the canister. Leave the opening easily accessible. TSA generally does not attempt to remove caps or plugs and will simply remove the item.. If you are going to bring bottles do not use plugs. Instead use a quart baggy to cover the openning.

When using zip ties use different colors for the reseal so you can see at a glance if the bag has been opened.

Finally, take a picture before you seal the bag.
    DAS
    I going to treat the meg like a back pack and carry it on. packing the computers in side.
    Monkey Diver Inc.
    Monkey Diver Travel Inc.

I used to do that, now I just carry the head on. The X-ray machine does not penetrate the can so you will be subject to additional screening. You will have to take the head off so remove the o rings to make it easier. Also don't put the dust plugs on the head. You dont want it to seem to hold pressure. Leave the latches unlatched. Be nice.

Keep saying it is scuba equipment. Be nice. Enjoy the experience.

DAS

I going to treat the meg like a back pack and carry it on. packing the computers in side.

RBW Member DGraham is on a distinguished road DGraham is on a distinguished road DGraham's Avatar
    APD Evoltion Vision

RB80 Clone/ KISS Sidewinder

The last time I went to Cayman, I just put everything in a rolling dive gear bag. (soft). Checked it all with no issues. Insure it of course.

RBW Member RZEP17 will become famous soon enough RZEP17 will become famous soon enough RZEP17 will become famous soon enough RZEP17 will become famous soon enough RZEP17's Avatar

On all my trips I carry a full Meg minus tanks, plus regs and comps in a rigid roll in, pretending it weights almost nothing.

rgrds
    Tomek

Dive Addicts Michael Thornton will become famous soon enough Michael Thornton will become famous soon enough Michael Thornton will become famous soon enough Michael Thornton will become famous soon enough Michael Thornton's Avatar
    Hammerhead, P2, SF2, Flex, Evo

Inspo, Sent, Optima, Mk15, Dol

Monkey
    I carry mine on in a roller, I can fit the CLs, hoses and the can with the head, with no regs on it and I check the rest.

See you at innerspace.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast