+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Kirby

New Member Belgium137 is an unknown quantity at this point Belgium137's Avatar
    MK15.5 / rEvo-III Mini

Classic KISS

Re: MK 48 super mask

Quote Originally Posted by Scott.McClure  View Original Post
    Personally, I use the KM48 with the Golem Gear Shrimp BOV, and I'm satisfied with it.
    Scott
    Could you please post a pic of this setup?

Thanx!
    Erik

RBW Member Scott.McClure will become famous soon enough Scott.McClure will become famous soon enough Scott.McClure will become famous soon enough Scott.McClure will become famous soon enough Scott.McClure's Avatar
    Draeger Dolphin (modified)

Quote Originally Posted by Belgium137  View Original Post
    Could you please post a pic of this setup?

Thanx!
    Erik
    Here you go.
    Attached Images

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

Nice setup !!!!

RBW Member Scott.McClure will become famous soon enough Scott.McClure will become famous soon enough Scott.McClure will become famous soon enough Scott.McClure will become famous soon enough Scott.McClure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedSeaDiver  View Original Post
    Google CDFFM and you should get some pictures. It's only new so there isn't a lot of info out there yet.
    It's marketed as a revision of the KM48, so it takes the same pods. The straps are different, and the lens are separate, and closer to the face, giving a wider field of view.

I talked to them today, and they said it would be up on the web site in the next week or so. It's available for sale through their resellers now, but they haven't ramped up production fully yet, so it could be 4-5 week lead times to get one.

Here is a clip from the new catalog:
    Attached Images

plays with fire RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver's Avatar
    modified Poseidon Discovery

Received mine today - it's a nice improvement on the old version. The five point head harness is an improvement, pinching the nose for equalisation is much easier - will be able to pinch the nose no matter how thick the gloves.

A simple very non-scientific explanation of the increase in field of view - the new mask has the same field of view at about 5" 6" feet from a wall that the old mask had from 10 feet. Someone with a maths brain can probably convert that into something that makes more sense. Suffice to say the increase in field of view is really nice.

Nutty dentist - uwdriller divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov's Avatar
    homebuilder

rEvo powered inspo

Received mine today - it's a nice improvement on the old version. The five point head harness is an improvement, pinching the nose for equalisation is much easier - will be able to pinch the nose no matter how thick the gloves.

A simple very non-scientific explanation of the increase in field of view - the new mask has the same field of view at about 5" 6" feet from a wall that the old mask had from 10 feet. Someone with a maths brain can probably convert that into something that makes more sense. Suffice to say the increase in field of view is really nice.
    How much does it retail for excluding the pod as i take it you can use for old pod ?

cheers
    christian

plays with fire RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver's Avatar

I got mine from Deca Diving in Santa Maria, California DECA | Diving Equipment Company of America - ask for Tim. Their service is much better than the service from Kirby Morgan's Australian distributors.

Quote Originally Posted by divelermentov  View Original Post
    How much does it retail for excluding the pod as i take it you can use for old pod ?

cheers
    christian
    I just ordered mine last week from Amron International.

Kirby Morgan's US List Pricing is as follows:

Part # Description
    #800-185 M-48 Mod 1 mask without pod $575
    #800-150 M-48 Mod 1 mask with blank pod $700
    #800-151 M-48 Mod 1 mask with pod and KM Superflow OC 2nd stage $890
    #800-015 M-48 Series Pod only $116.75
    #800-014 M-48 Series Pod only, with KM Superflow OC 2nd stage $344.50

It seems that most dealers will do better than list, especially if you've done business with them before.

Apparently, KM's January 2012 price list had a mistake in it, listing the M-48 Mod 1 without pod for $540.50. If you got your order in before KM corrected the price list, KM honored the lower price.

The pods are the same between the M-48 and M-48 Mod 1, which is why I didn't order one. I have two pods already, one for my rebreather with a Shrimp BOV, and one for OC.
    Last edited by Scott.McClure; 13th February 2012 at 09:05.

One thing I forgot to mention - while the old pods work with the new mask Kirby Morgan recommend changing the hook on the pod for a new hook. I chose to order mine with a new pod as the new pod increases the chance of being able to see the HUD on a Poseidon Discovery.

One thing I forgot to mention - while the old pods work with the new mask Kirby Morgan recommend changing the hook on the pod for a new hook. I chose to order mine with a new pod as the new pod increases the chance of being able to see the HUD on a Poseidon Discovery.
    Interesting. They didn't mention this to me when I asked about it. The rep I spoke with said they were the same. I just looked back at my invoice for the original M-48, and the extra pod was the same part number as they are selling today: 805-015. I found no Mod-1-specific pod options on their price list. I guess I'll be calling them tomorrow to figure it out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast