+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Kirby

RBW Member Scott.McClure will become famous soon enough Scott.McClure will become famous soon enough Scott.McClure will become famous soon enough Scott.McClure will become famous soon enough Scott.McClure's Avatar
    Draeger Dolphin (modified)

Kirby

When it comes to the KM48 Supermask, potential owners should be aware that the NATO pod (BOV) isn't the only option for using the mask with a rebreather.

The mask comes with a blank pod, which allows you to fit most OC regulators, but will also fit most DSVs and BOVs.

Given that Kirby Morgan has a policy not to sell the NATO Pod BOV to civilians, due to legal liability concerns, and the fact that it can only be used with the KM48, it makes sense to consider other options.

The US Navy has tested the NATO pod, but several commands, such as EOD Group One in San Diego, are using regular DSVs fitted to the standard pod with their Viper and MK-16 rebreathers. The Kirby Morgan rep I spoke with about the NATO Pod, and why they wouldn't sell me one, suggested the same solution.

Personally, I use the KM48 with the Golem Gear Shrimp BOV, and I'm satisfied with it. The nice thing is that if I decide to use a half-mask instead, I just cut the tie wrap, remove the BOV from the pod, and attach a standard mouth piece, and I'm ready to go. Can't do that very well with the NATO Pod.

My $0.02.

Scott

LAR Addict RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag's Avatar
    LAR VI FGT LAR VI Clone

OMG MK4 CDV and MK4 CSC

Re: MK 48 super mask

Any DSV is very easy fitted to the OC Pod, just make sure to use the long internal bitepiece!

The maskl itself is very comfortable to wear but I find the FOV to be very limited compared to a normal halfmask!

If you realy want to go fullface, better use a Dräger Nova or Interspiro Divator, both can be used with CCR!

RBW Member Scott.McClure will become famous soon enough Scott.McClure will become famous soon enough Scott.McClure will become famous soon enough Scott.McClure will become famous soon enough Scott.McClure's Avatar
    Draeger Dolphin (modified)

Quote Originally Posted by RGMag  View Original Post
    Any DSV is very easy fitted to the OC Pod, just make sure to use the long internal bitepiece!

The mask itself is very comfortable to wear but I find the FOV to be very limited compared to a normal halfmask!

If you realy want to go fullface, better use a Dräger Nova or Interspiro Divator, both can be used with CCR!
    I agree about the FOV. It's a bit narrow, but as long as you don't have the black-sided glass version, it's not terrible. If they'd ever release the CDFFM (KM50) version with the wide field of view, to the public, that will solve my single biggest criticism of the mask. The pod system, for me, makes it more flexible than the other, traditional FFMs like the Nova and Divator.

plays with fire RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver's Avatar
    modified Poseidon Discovery

Quote Originally Posted by Scott.McClure  View Original Post
    I agree about the FOV. It's a bit narrow, but as long as you don't have the black-sided glass version, it's not terrible. If they'd ever release the CDFFM (KM50) version with the wide field of view, to the public, that will solve my single biggest criticism of the mask. The pod system, for me, makes it more flexible than the other, traditional FFMs like the Nova and Divator.
    Ask and you will receive apparently - Kirby Morgan released the new version for public sale on Thursday - it's called the M-48 MOD 1 mask in their new January 2012 catalogue/price list. I'm just waiting for them to answer a couple of queries by email and then I will be placing an order for one.

RBW Member Chris Borgen is an unknown quantity at this point Chris Borgen's Avatar
    rEvo III mini

rEvo II micro Meg copis I & II

Quote Originally Posted by RedSeaDiver  View Original Post
    Ask and you will receive apparently - Kirby Morgan released the new version for public sale on Thursday - it's called the M-48 MOD 1 mask in their new January 2012 catalogue/price list. I'm just waiting for them to answer a couple of queries by email and then I will be placing an order for one.
    Do you know where there are any pictures of the new mask?

plays with fire RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Borgen  View Original Post
    Do you know where there are any pictures of the new mask?
    Google CDFFM and you should get some pictures. It's only new so there isn't a lot of info out there yet.

RBW Member Chris Borgen is an unknown quantity at this point Chris Borgen's Avatar
    rEvo III mini

rEvo II micro Meg copis I & II

Google CDFFM and you should get some pictures. It's only new so there isn't a lot of info out there yet.
    Thanks..yeah kept finding the same photo.

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

Where can I find this catalogue ? I can't find it on their site.

It's not on there yet, I was emailed a PDF copy but they hope to have it up on the site soon.

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

It's not on there yet, I was emailed a PDF copy but they hope to have it up on the site soon.
    Thanks!!! Then i Will wait with ordering one in Europe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast