+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Mexico info

RBW Member kthate is an unknown quantity at this point kthate's Avatar
    JJ CCR

Evolution +

Re: Mexico info

Check out Pacha Tulum Cave diving, Ela is awesome as well…

Ken

RBW Member Capt.garry has a spectacular aura about Capt.garry has a spectacular aura about Capt.garry has a spectacular aura about Capt.garry has a spectacular aura about Capt.garry has a spectacular aura about Capt.garry has a spectacular aura about Capt.garry's Avatar
    rEvo,Vision,KISS,Poseidon

Quote Originally Posted by CGOUGHN  View Original Post
    Protec sells sorb for $18 a kilo or $250 for 20 kilos of Sofnolime 797. That's crazy expensive and absolutely ridiculous.
    Yes Chris that is what I was quoted by Protec as well.

I also was asked in my First email about "where did you do your ccr cave course and how many ccr cave dives do you have after certification"

Although very good questions, I was taking back by the fact these questions were asked to me on my first contact with Protec.

Do all my team/divers need a CCR Cave certification to dive in the caves in Mexico?

Even in the USA, in the land of Lawsuits we only need show our Full Cave certification O/C and the highest level your CCR certification to enter SOME of the caves.

This coming from a place where OWD are taken into caves/cenotes for diving

If I am diving with a team of CCR divers and we are all full cave certified O/C and full trimix CCR divers, I am not sure being required to have another certification for CCR cave diving is necessary.

I do beleive in training and I do have a CCR cave certification and I did not learn nothing new in the "crossover cave course".

I feel if you are a full cave diver diving your CCR in a cave you damn sure better know what you are doing when it comes to cave diving and gas
    management!

Is it required to have a CCR cave certification to dive in the caves in Mexico?

Such a shame places like this and the redsea act this way, cashing in big time and it shows

Banned CGOUGHN is an unknown quantity at this point CGOUGHN's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2

Poseidon MkVI

Do all my team/divers need a CCR Cave certification to dive in the caves in Mexico?

This coming from a place where OWD are taken into caves/cenotes for diving

I totally agree with you about the OWD being taken in to cenotes...and on occasion, caves. Pretty crappy. I have an OC full cave cert, but full trimix CCR. I spent a lot of time diving CCR with other certified cave CCR guys and learned a lot about the differences between OC/CC (but there is always more to learn!). If I was the only guy diving CCR in the group, it probably wouldn't happen. I'd be diving OC.

I was only asked to show my highest cave cert. I did a lot of diving in the Dos Ojos area...and it was never a problem that I was diving CCR. I hope you can find a good shop to support you without so many strings attached.

Cheers - Chris

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

The only cave I needed a cert card to enter was Dos Ojos and frankly my least favorite site due to the number of tourists,snorkeler, and OW divers being led around the cenote...
    As far as the cost of sorb it is very expensive to ship south of the border and it's still one expense I don't mind paying. Especially after being lured in by the low price of medical sorb down there, never again!
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

RBW Member John Nousaine is on a distinguished road John Nousaine is on a distinguished road John Nousaine's Avatar
    Evolution

2 thumbs up for deep exposure! great shop great boat

RBW Member marcbeaudry is an unknown quantity at this point marcbeaudry's Avatar
    Kiss Classic

so far CenoteXperience are indicating they can do the rentals for rebreather tanks and stage tanks as well and not tie absurd conditions to it. This is the kind of shop that if i know Sorb is expensive all over - i'd prefer to deal with .
    marc

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by marcbeaudry  View Original Post
    so far CenoteXperience are indicating they can do the rentals for rebreather tanks and stage tanks as well and not tie absurd conditions to it. This is the kind of shop that if i know Sorb is expensive all over - i'd prefer to deal with .
    marc
    Last time I rented from a shop that didn't specialize in CCR they said we have everything you need. When we got there the tanks were all protec's they had rented and marked up the price just for us.
    Just sayin...
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

RBW Member marcbeaudry is an unknown quantity at this point marcbeaudry's Avatar
    Kiss Classic

Re: Mexico info - TULUKA DIVING

just back from my MX adventure - i was 'told' countless times - ''yes yes we are rebreather friendly'' and once you get into the door you realize that the only thing they really are is 'friendly'.
    i did NOT contact CenoteDivers which i regret so i cannot comment on them.

BUT - i can recommend a small brand new shop in Puerto Morelos. I was there during Emilio's (owner-operator of TULUKA DIVING ) very first month of operating.
    He's a technical diver who does a lot of tourist-recreational dives , which must account for about 95% of most of the business on the Mayan Coast.
    Emilio did not have anything on hand - but actually made a sincere effort , got himself online , and found everything - extended the prices he was being charged and was prepared to do the running around to get me O2, dil, sorb - time didn't work in my favour, so i didn't dive my CCR which I had hauled all the way from China
    he's interested and passionate in Tec Diving and certainly knows the spots to dive in and around the area from Caves, Cenotes, to the reef and it's wrecks.
    Emilio Estevez (yes really) TULUKA DIVING - give him notice and he'll put the time and effort in -

Marc

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

Strangly i did my CCR Cave course with Protecand a grand total of 1 dive past certification.

Next year we showed up and just rented tanks and got gas from them and went diving without a guide.

We were never asked to show dive certs at any of the dive sites, Infact one of our teem of three managed to leave all his dive certs at home

We were staying at Ma ma's place next door to Protec so maybe that helped

Personaly i took my own lime in my suitcase. the one way excess baggage charge was well worth it

ATB

Mark

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3