+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sharkskin underwear

Rocketman packeteer is on a distinguished road packeteer is on a distinguished road packeteer's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

Re: Sharkskin underwear

I'm a tough Aussie diver... :)

last week it was 15C at 43m, I froze!!

in those temps I usually wear a Halo 3d and wool thermals, also 7mm hood and 5mm gloves

RBW Member happy58900 is an unknown quantity at this point happy58900's Avatar
    Kiss !Kiss / GAF Hammerhead

Ok Ok Tough Aussie diver ok was a story

RBW Member Mr B. is an unknown quantity at this point Mr B.'s Avatar
    Sentinel - Ouroboros

Quote Originally Posted by packeteer  View Original Post
    I'm a tough Aussie diver... :)

last week it was 15C at 43m, I froze!!

in those temps I usually wear a Halo 3d and wool thermals, also 7mm hood and 5mm gloves
    Haha. I would melt at 15°C with Halo3D...

Anyway, cheerzzz Down Under!

Sentinel - Ouroboros

Getting Sharkskin suit front zipper today. It's maybe a little bit too smal. XXL and I'm 2 meters and 110KG. Anyw ay will test it in water under drysuit asap.

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

If it's too small and you don't want to keep it or order a bigger one, just let me know, I 'm 1.86 and 88kg so it might fit me then!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sentinel - Ouroboros

Quote Originally Posted by EngelenD  View Original Post
    If it's too small and you don't want to keep it or order a bigger one, just let me know, I 'm 1.86 and 88kg so it might fit me then!

Yes for this size it would be perfect. Interested? Send me PM

Cheers,

Sentinel - Ouroboros

Test of the Sharkskin underwear today.

Water temperature 5°C. I weared the Sharkskin, thin thinsulate underwear from ski fashion and my Otter drysuit travelskin trilaminate.

After 45 Minutes in water I had a little bit cold. After dive I realized that some water entered the suit trough the neck seal, propably afer turning my head to much. At dive nothing was noticed except this cold feeling at the end of dive.
    All in all I was + 50 minutes in the 5°C water, that's more then expected, especially with a wet chest!

I noticed that compared to my 200G Otter underwear I need the same amount of lead. That's also more than expected. According to Sharkskin no extra lead should be needed, so I expected falling like a rock. This is not the case.

Anyway, this undersuit is not bad at all. I keep update.

Cheers,
    Patrick.

Sentinel - Ouroboros

Some news. I was in late september in Croatia. Water temp. 17°C. I was the only one with drysuit. Was a 2mm Crushed neoprene and undersuit the Sharkskin. This was PERFECT. Not much lead and very warm & confortable. Everybody else frozes after 30 Min in water. I make some dives around 1 hour and could stay easily another hour. But then with P-valve which this spare drysuit doesn't has.

Equipement: No Name drysuit 2mm crushed neoprene, Sharkskin undersuit, SF-2 Rebreather, force fins & 5 Kg of lead. I guess I could drop 1 Kg lead, but decided to keep it like this.

Cheers,

Patrick.

RBW Member Nicool is on a distinguished road Nicool is on a distinguished road Nicool's Avatar
    rEvo III micro FT RMS

Poseidon Discovery Mark VI

Hi guys,
    Me again resurrecting and old thread.
    I've just changed from neoprene to trilaminate drysuit, and would love to hear about people having dived with just a sharkskin under a trilaminate, and how you felt?

I've done more than 2h with sharksin under a 3mm compressed neoprene drysuit in 17 degrees water in good comfort, but i don't think i can expect the same with my new drysuit.

Cheers
    Nicolas

RBW Member Cdiver1 is an unknown quantity at this point Cdiver1's Avatar
    Optima

Quote Originally Posted by Nicool  View Original Post
    Hi guys,
    Me again resurrecting and old thread.
    I've just changed from neoprene to trilaminate drysuit, and would love to hear about people having dived with just a sharkskin under a trilaminate, and how you felt?

I've done more than 2h with sharksin under a 3mm compressed neoprene drysuit in 17 degrees water in good comfort, but i don't think i can expect the same with my new drysuit.

Cheers
    Nicolas
    I just made the compressed neoprene to trilam jump as well. In 72* fahrenheit water, when the air temperature is warmer than the water, the sharkskin works great as long as the dives are still under 2 hrs or so. This past weekend when it was 50* fahrenheit on the surface in north florida I upped the undergarments. Although, I don’t have much ‘bioprene’ either (6’1” 140lbs). YMMV.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast