+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Oporto

RBW Member Rama is an unknown quantity at this point Rama's Avatar
    Sentinel

Hello from Oporto

Hi
    I introduce myself presenting some doubts in the forum. Last year I had completed a TDI Extended Range/Trimix Diver course in OC and Iím thinking to buy a JJ Rebreather changing this way to CCR. What do you think of these options, do not continue with the OC formation changing to CCR and the choice of JJ and my first rebreather.
    Rama

RBW Member dmcar is an unknown quantity at this point dmcar's Avatar
    Megalodon Apecs 2.06

Re: Hello from Oporto

Welcome Rama.

Bem vindo.

Diogo

RBW Member Ballester is an unknown quantity at this point Ballester's Avatar
    MEG CCR

Megalodon, Sentinel Expedition

Quote Originally Posted by Rama  View Original Post
    Hi
    I introduce myself presenting some doubts in the forum. Last year I had completed a TDI Extended Range/Trimix Diver course in OC and Iím thinking to buy a JJ Rebreather changing this way to CCR. What do you think of these options, do not continue with the OC formation changing to CCR and the choice of JJ and my first rebreather.
    Rama

Welcome to the forum.
    In my point of view the first things you have to ask yourself are:

Do I really need a CCR?
    Do I know the costs of mantaining a "healthy" CCR?

After This:

Why that CCR in particular?

Have you tried it or it's just because someone tell you in Facebook?

Do you know that the perfect CCR for one person is a really piece of shit for other? (Not talking specific of the JJ).

At this point you have instructors of almost all the machines in Portugal for sure they will be glad to give you a try dive before buying any of the machines.

TRY BEFORE YOU BUY!! Take this in consideration really!

RBW Member CCR900 has a spectacular aura about CCR900 has a spectacular aura about CCR900 has a spectacular aura about CCR900 has a spectacular aura about CCR900 has a spectacular aura about CCR900 has a spectacular aura about CCR900's Avatar

Hello from Oporto

Rama

I don't know the JJ CCR but in Portugal you have people diving Inspiration/Evolution, Meg, Poseidon, VR Tech Sentinel, maybe the odd KISS too, to name just a few. You also have some damn fine instructors (for all the above) too. I suggest you speak with them before you do anything (you have CCR divers in Oporto). They are here on RBW, just ask them to contact you and they will... Oporto has O2 and sofnolime, diving CCR with other CCR divers will help you alot!

F

MEG CCR

Quote Originally Posted by CCR900  View Original Post
    Rama

I don't know the JJ CCR but in Portugal you have people diving Inspiration/Evolution, Meg, Poseidon, VR Tech Sentinel, maybe the odd KISS too, to name just a few. You also have some damn fine instructors (for all the above) too. I suggest you speak with them before you do anything (you have CCR divers in Oporto). They are here on RBW, just ask them to contact you and they will... Oporto has O2 and sofnolime, diving CCR with other CCR divers will help you alot!

F
    With exception of "exotic" brands and the rEVO all others rebreathers brands are present in Portugal even Kiss!

It's a lot of money to spend just because you have read "some things" on the internet.

Megalodon Apecs 2.06

the rEvo will also be present in Portugal, soon...

MEG CCR

Quote Originally Posted by dmcar  View Original Post
    I hope so, but what was the interest of that afirmation?!? Soon... Is that tomorrow? If not I dont see the point

Markku Diedrich Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure's Avatar
    Megalodon Apeks 2.5

Classic Inspiration

Welcome on board, and +1 for the suggestions from ballester,..

Asia's rEvo Gal :) Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline's Avatar
    rEvo X MFT mCCR

rEvo MFT/rMS, Micro II mCCR,

Hi Rama

Welcome to the forum! Hope you'll find your right CCR soon.

Quote Originally Posted by dmcar  View Original Post
    rEvo is travelling fast indeed.

Megalodon Apecs 2.06

Quote Originally Posted by Ballester  View Original Post
    I hope so, but what was the interest of that afirmation?!? Soon... Is that tomorrow? If not I dont see the point
    The point being that another option will be SOON available in Portugal.
    Soon doesn't have to mean tomorrow but, to make it almost clear, I believe in the end of March.
    So, if Rama is not in a hurry, he will have another rebreather option.

Regards

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast