+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: rebreather comparisons rEVO,sentinal,jj ccr

RBW Member techy1967 is an unknown quantity at this point techy1967's Avatar
    revo III

rebreather comparisons rEVO,sentinal,jj ccr

hi all,yes another comparison question..i have been researching rebreathers and need a little advise from experienced users.
    the Revo..when u have stage cylinders attached how easy is it to reach the oxygen and dilutent bottons on the bottom of the casing at the rear..

jj rebreather ..a lot of posts have mentioned about the t-piece at top of the rmcl tend to be a little obstructed..

sentinal..size, controls,..a few have mentioned that it is very complex to use ..

Dark, cold and wet. DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ's Avatar
    rEvo III Mini rMS

rEvo III Standard hCCR

Re: rebreather comparisons rEVO,sentinal,jj ccr

Quote Originally Posted by techy1967  View Original Post
    hi all,yes another comparison question..i have been researching rebreathers and need a little advise from experienced users.
    the Revo..when u have stage cylinders attached how easy is it to reach the oxygen and dilutent bottons on the bottom of the casing at the rear..

jj rebreather ..a lot of posts have mentioned about the t-piece at top of the rmcl tend to be a little obstructed..

sentinal..size, controls,..a few have mentioned that it is very complex to use ..
    For the rEvo pretty easy.... but its almost certain you would add an over the shoulder off board gas block and manual O2/Dill/Off board gas if you were diving with stages.

breathing or rEbreathing Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive's Avatar
    rEvo MicFT rMS/Mini, CKiss#039

Prism2, Halcyon, Dolphin, Ray

You can purchased any rEvo models with only the front triple Dil/O2/Off board MAV block and without the bottom add buttons. The wonderful thing about the triple MAV is that you can sometimes add gases like playing the piano.

Cheers,
    Davy

revo III

Quote Originally Posted by Davydive  View Original Post
    You can purchased any rEvo models with only the front triple Dil/O2/Off board MAV block and without the bottom add buttons. The wonderful thing about the triple MAV is that you can sometimes add gases like playing the piano.

Cheers,
    Davy
    cheers for that,how do you find the Revo to dive ie trim,weight, calibration,electronics and the evodream..many thanks

revo III

Quote Originally Posted by DwayneJ  View Original Post
    For the rEvo pretty easy.... but its almost certain you would add an over the shoulder off board gas block and manual O2/Dill/Off board gas if you were diving with stages.
    what is your opinion of the evo,have u tri-dived any other units???

Dark, cold and wet. DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ is a glorious beacon of light DwayneJ's Avatar
    rEvo III Mini rMS

rEvo III Standard hCCR

what is your opinion of the evo,have u tri-dived any other units???
    No, not enough experience with other units.

To be honest, it was news to me when Davy wrote you can order the unit with only the triple MAV. I do know divers who just dive with a single/external add gas block and continue to use the manual add buttons on the bottom of the unit. The new micro rEvo has only the triple MAV. Its likely I would purchase only the triple MAV if I was doing this all over.

As detailed on another thread, although I run manual/automatic, its just a quick touch of the O2 maybe every 5-10 minutes and never if you are running on auto.... except for O2 flush to check cells at 30' + O2 flushes at 15' and surface. Your finger is certainly not hovering over the button ready to inject.... very casual.
    Last edited by DwayneJ; 7th January 2012 at 00:59.

RBW Member tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining's Avatar
    Hammerhead, SF2, Megalodon, JJ

Boris, Sentinel, Inspiration,

the JJ-CCR is a real winner!

theirs nothing to obstruct the t-pices so long as the harness is set up correctly, the Dave T back mount lung set along with the simplicity of the JJ were the reasons I switched to this rig.

rEvo III Mini rMS

rEvo III Standard hCCR

Quote Originally Posted by tecdivertraining  View Original Post
    the JJ-CCR is a real winner!

theirs nothing to obstruct the t-pices so long as the harness is set up correctly, the Dave T back mount lung set along with the simplicity of the JJ were the reasons I switched to this rig.
    Very few units here in the USA. Personally I'm interested to see the effects of GC after a few years.

Dwayne

RBW Member tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining's Avatar
    Hammerhead, SF2, Megalodon, JJ

Boris, Sentinel, Inspiration,

Quote Originally Posted by DwayneJ  View Original Post
    Very few units here in the USA. Personally I'm interested to see the effects of GC after a few years.

Dwayne
    Yes i know but its becoming very popular in europe and Australasia, I doubt it will grow in the states, I have a few JJ classes scheduled in mexico this summer.

The support and service is great from the factory.

RBW Member Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse's Avatar
    rEvoIII mini hCCR

RG-UMF,IDA 71,rEvo mCCR

I have a rEvo3 mCCR. I added a BOV and a front mounted on board O2 and off board gas MAV block (DIY).

Now I use the BOV to add DIL and the front mount MAV to add O2. Adding either via the rear MAV's is no more difficult with side mounted stages but I much prefer to use the BOV and front mounted O2 MAV.

My main issue if I use my can light in my right hand and to add O2 means reaching behind with my right hand which may mean I shine my light into the eyes of my buddy.

I use 3 KGs of lead on the top on my unit to help with trim. This seems about right with a wetsuit but could do with a little more in a dry suit.

The rEvo dreams are a great unit.... if you can get a hang of the tap tap tapping. I never could and sold mine and build a DIY HUD which has a much better user interface. My recommendation is to order the rEvo with no 'Dreams and get a Shearwater HUD instead.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast