+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Hello From Singapore

RBW Member Raymond Li is an unknown quantity at this point Raymond Li's Avatar

Hello From Singapore

Hi everyone, I joined Rebreather World in the hope of getting your experience/advise/opinion on the following: Hope you can help. Thanks
    1) must I get a new rebreather before I start my training?
    2) I have read about Poseidon but nothing else. Is Poseidon MKVI recommended?
    3) I am only interested to do CCR until depth of 30m
    Thanks

rEvo's daddy
    paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers's Avatar
    rEvo

Re: Hello From Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Li  View Original Post
    Hi everyone, I joined Rebreather World in the hope of getting your experience/advise/opinion on the following: Hope you can help. Thanks
    Thanks
    Hello, you can contact Davy Koh, he's our Singapore rEvo instructor, and can take you on a try-dive.
    In the last 18 months 7 rEvo's went to Singapore!

If you need any info, don't hesitate

Paul
    www.rEvo-rebreathers.com
    ...."Yes you have to pre-breathe to activate the scrubber sorb, anyone who says different doesn't know what they are talking about!"...
    .... to get more accurate CO2 injection in the breathing machine we put 2 mass flow controllers in series ...
    .... The noise is a few tens of nano-volts, so DL were able to reduce the output voltage ...
    .... radial scrubbers give longer dwell time than axials...
    .... the earth is flat and ...

Asia's rEvo Gal :) Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline's Avatar
    rEvo X MFT mCCR

rEvo MFT/rMS, Micro II mCCR,

Hi Raymond

Greetings from Singapore too!

Very glad to see someone from Singapore come onboard RBW. As Paul has said, we now have 7 rEvo divers actively diving our units and we are very happy with it's performance. At the moment, I am the only female rEvo CCR diver here in Singapore, come March we'll have another lady diving joining us.

I owned the original Micro, and last week Davy finished a course with a student who bought the latest rEvo III Micro FT. rEvo III has got different sizes/configurations to suit individual divers' needs. The latest Micro FT is even lighter than my original version as it's housed in full titanium.

In my opinion, this is especially attractive for us Asian, since generally we are smaller built. With it's compactness & dual scrubber design - the only one in the market, rEvo has the most efficiency and economical scrubber system, and with the latest rMS the scrubber will be even more efficient. .

So much about describing the unit virtually, as the saying goes, "Seeing is believing". I do not want to let you think that I am hot-selling my product, but you may contact Davy Koh (Mobile: 65-97582478) to have a try-out. He will give you a more detailed explanation on it. You may check-out his website for the pictures we took during our dives, (Home)

I have been diving my unit for almost a year, and each time I dove with it, my love for it just gets deeper & deeper!

Hope to see you soon!
    Jacqueline
    Last edited by Jacqueline; 27th December 2011 at 00:41.

RBW Member Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545's Avatar
    Meg/Shearwater Pathfinder

Thanks
    Hi Raymond,

Welcome to RBW.

There are quite a few instructors who have a rebreather available for try dives and training so you can get a feel for the unit before you buy one or to do your training whilst you're waiting for your unit to arrive.

A lot of rebreather divers start off wanting to only dive shallow but as their skill and comfort level increase they want to venture deeper with mixed gas. My advise would be to look for a unit with a proven track record and one which you can later take deeper should you decide to later. It could save you a lot of money and time down the track!!

There will be a good showing of CCRs at ADEX in Singapore on 22-24 April 2012 and suggest you pay a visit and check out what's available. It could save you making a poor choice in the interim.

Regards,

Lance

Smile Hello From Singapore

Hello and am very happy to receive opinion and advise from all of you. Yes, I will start looking at rEVO today definitely and get to know more of it on the website. Anymore info will be highly appreciated. Honestly I spent nearly one week reading the Poseidon manual and was too lazy to research the rest of models available. But thanks to you rEVO users who are the only ones responding to my call for help that I must research this on the internet. And I will contact the recommended person for more info today. Thanks and have a nice day...

Smile Re: Hello From Singapore

Jac: I went thru the manual and found that scrubber chemicals had to be manually poured. I thought the ready made cartridge of Posiedon seems easier to manage and less chances of me making a mistake in filling.

Asia's rEvo Gal :) Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline's Avatar
    rEvo X MFT mCCR

Initially, I thought it was difficult too. But after practicing, I find self-packing is not that difficult. Like I said, with rEvo's dual scrubber design, you may change off the expended sorbs and re-fill fresh sorb to the empty cannister. Whereas for pre-packed, if you can't enjoy this luxury. You'll have to sacrifice the balance of the scrubber remaining time even if you only used it for 2 hrs.

It's very difficult for me to explain to you over here. May I suggest you call Davy to talk to him? He can show and explain to you with his unit then you'll have a clearer picture.

Cheers!
    Jac

Jac: I went thru the manual and found that scrubber chemicals had to be manually poured. I thought the ready made cartridge of Posiedon seems easier to manage and less chances of me making a mistake in filling.

rEvo X MFT mCCR

HI Raymond

You may check this too:

http://www.rebreatherworld.com/showthread.php?t=41090

breathing or rEbreathing Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive's Avatar
    rEvo MicFT rMS/Mini, CKiss#039

Prism2, Halcyon, Dolphin, Ray

Thanks
    Hi Raymond,

A warm welcome to you to RBW!
    It's good to hear of another Singapore diver joining the forum and getting seriously interested in rebreathers.

Take a look at rEvo website and if you are interested to do a try dive, that can be arranged. You can call me and I'll be most happy to answer any of your questions about the rEvo and rebreathers in general. There is a growing group of active rEvo rebreather divers in Singapore so there'll be no shortage of rEvo dive buddies should you decided to join us.

P.S. I'll be overseas from 28th Dec - 3rd Jan, so you can contact me any time after that.

Cheers,
    Davy

lEEbo lEEblEEdErs seasick has a spectacular aura about seasick has a spectacular aura about seasick has a spectacular aura about seasick has a spectacular aura about seasick has a spectacular aura about seasick's Avatar
    rEvo II Micro FT mCCR

Shearwater Meg DCCCR

Hi Raymond,

Try to read through as many posts on the subject of scrubber and you will find that most RB divers actually prefer to fill the scrubber themselves rather than to use pre-filled cartridges.

Good luck on choosing a rebreather.....

Best regards,
    SS