+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Penang Malaysia

RBW Member @nd is on a distinguished road @nd is on a distinguished road @nd's Avatar
    poseidon MkVI AP EXO+

Penang Malaysia

I am going to Penang Malaysia the end of Feb 12 and if possible get in some diving , don't want to take the breather as i am only there for 3 days ,can anyone recommend any dive operators in the area and any that may have an AP EVO to hire for the day

lEEbo lEEblEEdErs seasick has a spectacular aura about seasick has a spectacular aura about seasick has a spectacular aura about seasick has a spectacular aura about seasick has a spectacular aura about seasick's Avatar
    rEvo II Micro FT mCCR

Shearwater Meg DCCCR

Re: Penang Malaysia

Quote Originally Posted by @nd  View Original Post
    I am going to Penang Malaysia the end of Feb 12 and if possible get in some diving , don't want to take the breather as i am only there for 3 days ,can anyone recommend any dive operators in the area and any that may have an AP EVO to hire for the day
    Hi,

You're much better off in Phuket, Thailand.

It's the monsoon season over here right now....

Best regards,
    SS

breathing or rEbreathing Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive has a spectacular aura about Davydive's Avatar
    rEvo MicFT rMS/Mini, CKiss#039

Prism2, Halcyon, Dolphin, Ray

Quote Originally Posted by seasick  View Original Post
    Hi,

You're much better off in Phuket, Thailand.

It's the monsoon season over here right now....

Best regards,
    SS
    Penang is on the same side as Phuket, more sheltered on the west side of Peninsular Malaysia and Thailand so is not affected by the NE Monsoon which is blowing now on the east coast and South China Sea. But you are right that Phuket is a better choice. Though there are a couple of diveshops in Penang itself the diving is more at Pulau Paya and Langkawi Island, some distance away from Penang by boats and as far as I know there are no rebreather diving at all.

Just my 2 cents!
    Davy

RBW Member Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy's Avatar
    GAF mccr,rEvoII

Dolphin,Pelagian

Lived on Penang for five years and dived the Islands to North many times. Vis around Penang is not good. I think they run day charters to Paula Paya from Penang.I was there a few months ago and as Davy said no rebreather diving.

RBW Member @nd is on a distinguished road @nd is on a distinguished road @nd's Avatar
    poseidon MkVI AP EXO+

Thanks guys visiting the in laws in penang just thought I could get out for a couple of hours for some R and R

+ Reply to Thread