+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Submerge Minnus Scooter

RBW Key Holder
    Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

Submerge Minnus Scooter

Submerge Minnus Scooter

Supporting Member edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque's Avatar
    rEvo III mini

Re: Submerge Minnus Scooter

Interesting. Two noob questions:

1) What does the variable pitch propeller do that a static prop doesn't.
    2) If it's smaller and the fastest, what is the downside? Battery duration? Cost?

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by edasque  View Original Post
    Interesting. Two noob questions:

1) What does the variable pitch propeller do that a static prop doesn't.
    2) If it's smaller and the fastest, what is the downside? Battery duration? Cost?

You can turn the pitch to 0 on a varaible pitch so if the throtle jams on you can stop the scooter. When stowing or staging the scooter under water and not in use its normal to turn the pitch to zero just in case it suddnly decides it wants to go diving on its own.

ATB

Mark

RBW Member crpntr133 is an unknown quantity at this point crpntr133's Avatar

I was really hoping for something really cool. Thirty five pounds is killer though. Looks like a nice unit at any rate.

Go DEEP!!!! Explorer is a jewel in the rough Explorer is a jewel in the rough Explorer is a jewel in the rough Explorer is a jewel in the rough Explorer is a jewel in the rough Explorer is a jewel in the rough Explorer is a jewel in the rough Explorer's Avatar
    MEGALODON

Evolution, KISS GEM

The Minnus is a seller for sure. Great for travel and also Suzie, congrads to you and Rod on your little one to be!!!!!!!

Jeff

RBW Member Graham is an unknown quantity at this point Graham's Avatar
    KISS Classic

Excellent piece of kit, but correct me if I am wrong, aren't LiPo batteries not allowed on planes?

Banned jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont's Avatar
    Revo3 RMS, Revo3 Micro FT, MEG

HH, YBOD, Drager, MK, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham  View Original Post
    Excellent piece of kit, but correct me if I am wrong, aren't LiPo batteries not allowed on planes?
    Sort of, it depends on the size of the battery, most scooter mfg.'s use batts to big to be legal for commercial air travel, a company called Logic Dive Gear make a scooter that can be checked though.

It's really not an issue though since the weight of a scooter plus the weight of your dive gear and luggage will easily put your over the weight allowance anyway.

The best way to travel with dive gear is to ship and FULLY insure all gear and luggage so it arrives before you at your destination. This turns dealing with big public airports into a manageable experience rather then the nightmare they've become, not to mention NO CHECKED BAGGAGE......

RBW Member vincnt moore will become famous soon enough vincnt moore will become famous soon enough vincnt moore will become famous soon enough vincnt moore's Avatar
    HAMMERHEAD

I traveled with my N19 this year to Curacao, with no problems. I checked the scooter in a hard case, and put the battery in a cameras hard case checked, with the instructions in the case with extra zip ties to secure it after they finished snooping. All went well both directions and was well worth the effort, had a blast scootering the reefs. I was originally going to get the minnus but the battery isn't a good idea to fly with. I didn't want that dam bomb on the same plane I was on anyway.

Banned jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont's Avatar
    Revo3 RMS, Revo3 Micro FT, MEG

HH, YBOD, Drager, MK, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by vincnt moore  View Original Post
    I traveled with my N19 this year to Curacao, with no problems. I checked the scooter in a hard case, and put the battery in a cameras hard case checked, with the instructions in the case with extra zip ties to secure it after they finished snooping. All went well both directions and was well worth the effort, had a blast scootering the reefs. I was originally going to get the minnus but the battery isn't a good idea to fly with. I didn't want that dam bomb on the same plane I was on anyway.
    If you knew what (and sometimes who) gets put on commercial flights regularly a battery would be the least of your concerns.

Forever Learning kennethw is an unknown quantity at this point kennethw's Avatar
    rEvo III Micro FT / full rMS

Dräger Dolphin (mCCR)

Quote Originally Posted by Graham  View Original Post
    Looks great.

With regards to LiPo batteries, each country's rules are a little different.

I once packed a number of LiPo bricks (for 600-sized RC Helicopters) in my checked in luggage. Upon transit in Japan, my bag was hauled off and I was asked to take the batteries out and hand carry them on. It amounted to about 10kg worth of batteries each looking like a block of C4.

What I was told is there is a total Amp/Hour that were allowed to be brought on-board.

However, I think a scooter battery of that size would be over the energy rating.

BTW, anyone know the cost of this scooter?

[Edit] ... never mind, just saw it at $5,000 in Add Helium ... I can't afford it ... for now.
    Last edited by kennethw; 21st January 2012 at 15:38.