Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Dema 2011

Brian Mecklem Brian7 will become famous soon enough Brian7 will become famous soon enough Brian7 will become famous soon enough Brian7's Avatar
    PRISM 2, EXPLORER

PRISM TOPAZ

Re: Dema 2011

Curt

So where are you giving away the t shirts ?

RBW Key Holder
    Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Brian7  View Original Post
    Curt

So where are you giving away the t shirts ?
    Starting on thursday at the KISS booth #880

RBW Member dreamdive has disabled reputation dreamdive's Avatar
    Pathfinder, rEvo, Explorer

Meg, PrismII, Titan, Optima, 7

Quote Originally Posted by Linda Bowen  View Original Post
    Feel free to get completely intoxicated! I suggest so much that your eyes are tiny slits and are unable to completely focus......
    That should be interesting with the guys wearing the skirts, oops, I meant Kilts

RBW Key Holder
    Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

Well DEMA 2011 is over and everyone is heading back home.

I will be busy this week editing out all the videos Walter Pickel and I managed to shoot and getting them up for members to watch and BS about.

Felt the shows attendance was a little slow, but those who made it were serious.

Curt

Reads fine print (mostly) Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather has a brilliant future Skipbreather's Avatar
    MEGALODON MK15.5

BMR500 IDA71 IDA64 RGUFM AKA60

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Bowen  View Original Post

Felt the shows attendance was a little slow

Curt
    True- but for those of us pounding the aisles hoping to learn about the latest & greatest, made for less congestion. Less good for exhibitors, better for attendees. Made it a bit easier to ask (hopefully) semi-intelligent questions.

Ken

RBW Member dreamdive has disabled reputation dreamdive's Avatar
    Pathfinder, rEvo, Explorer

Meg, PrismII, Titan, Optima, 7

According to 2 resort owners, dive travel bookings are way down for the show. Their sentiment was that it was not worth the trip (Indonesia).

It seems that overall DEMA exhibitions have been down. Maybe DEMA should consider opening up for at least for one day to the general retail buyer.?

RBW Key Holder
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

Quote Originally Posted by dreamdive  View Original Post
    According to 2 resort owners, dive travel bookings are way down for the show. Their sentiment was that it was not worth the trip (Indonesia).

It seems that overall DEMA exhibitions have been down. Maybe DEMA should consider opening up for at least for one day to the general retail buyer.?
    I have not missed a DEMA in at least 20+ Years. I remember when the hallways where crowded and it was difficult to make your way around.

I would have to say that the attendance has been dropping for many years.

Many of the manufacturers would like to see one or two days of the show be open to general dive public.

I know of at least 20 of my dive buddies that wanted to come, but could not because they are not a divemaster. (great cavers though)

I would like to see a change.........

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4