+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wreckweek Egypt 2011

Scuba Nerd voets has a spectacular aura about voets has a spectacular aura about voets has a spectacular aura about voets has a spectacular aura about voets has a spectacular aura about voets has a spectacular aura about voets's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

Ray, RG-UF/M , FGT I/D

Wreckweek Egypt 2011

I have put my photo's from last month trip to Egypt online:
    Egypte 2011

We had an incredible good time aboard the MV Tala. This liveaboard boat is well suited for technical diving. Scooters, stages, oxygen, helium, anything you need.

We dived these wrecks:
    * Thistlegorm
    * Giannis D
    * Carnatic
    * Rosalie Moller
    * SS Maiden
    * Numidia
    * Aida
    * Zealot
    * Gulffleet 31
    * Colona IV
    * Oyster

And had fun at the Arch of Elphinstone, Little & Big Brother and Daedalus reef as well.

Underwater Paparazzi sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver's Avatar
    Dive Rite Optima

Re: Wreckweek Egypt 2011

Loved the pictures - Looks like you had a great trip!

Thanks for sharing!!

plays with fire RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver's Avatar
    modified Poseidon Discovery

Fantastic photos - looks like you had a great week - and looks like I might have found a good liveaboard for my Red Sea trip next year.

Scuba Nerd voets has a spectacular aura about voets has a spectacular aura about voets has a spectacular aura about voets has a spectacular aura about voets has a spectacular aura about voets has a spectacular aura about voets's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

Ray, RG-UF/M , FGT I/D

Thanks!

I can really recommend the MV Tala (their website is Red Sea Explorers - Redefine the way you dive!! ). Great crew, good food, excellent diving in the red sea.
    And best of all, they let us CCR divers do our thing. Almost 3 hour runtime, 100 meters on the maiden: good luck, see you back before lunch and don't forget to look into the holds

excellent pictures, make we want to go back already and i have only been home a few weeks !

plays with fire RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver is a glorious beacon of light RedSeaDiver's Avatar
    modified Poseidon Discovery

Quote Originally Posted by voets  View Original Post
    Thanks!

I can really recommend the MV Tala (their website is Red Sea Explorers - Redefine the way you dive!! ). Great crew, good food, excellent diving in the red sea.
    And best of all, they let us CCR divers do our thing. Almost 3 hour runtime, 100 meters on the maiden: good luck, see you back before lunch and don't forget to look into the holds
    Would you be able to post your dive log for the week? - it would be very interesting for those of us planning a similar trip in the future to have a look at if you can create a log showing max depth, bottom time, run time, deco, mix, PPO2 etc

Inspiration Vision

Ray, RG-UF/M , FGT I/D

No problem, I have created my own website for my logbook
    These are the dives we did on the last egypt trip:

Ultimate Dive Log - Online Scuba Diving Logbook

You can see depth, PO2, deco ceiling.
    We were with a group of 4, all using travelframes (3 inspo, 1 JJ).
    40cft tanks for oxygen and diluent, everyone had a BOV to use some of the diluent in case of emergency and a regulator (with flow stop) attached to the oxygen tank, so that one could be used as well.

We had run several plans through V-planner and decided to use team bailout.
    Each diver had 2 80cft tanks. Per buddy pair we had Tx15/45, Tx21/35, Tx45/15 and Nitrox60 available. We also made an agreement with the boat. If we shot a yellow emergency buoy they would drop a nitrox50 and oxygen bottle along the line of the buoy.
    Bottomtime planning was determined by a max TTS of 100 minutes. Since that would be the limit of our bailout gases.
    On most dives we would leave the bottom somewhere between 60 and 80 TTS.
    Last edited by voets; 25th May 2011 at 07:57.

RBW Member Okidiver will become famous soon enough Okidiver will become famous soon enough Okidiver will become famous soon enough Okidiver's Avatar

Great pics, thx 4 sharing.

Ossi gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi's Avatar
    eCCR Hybrid Homebuild

pSCR RO80 Homebuild, LightMCCR

Greth pics, thanks for sharing.
    Best Ossi Italy

+ Reply to Thread