+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: New CCR training agency for Pelagian DCCR

RBW Member Chii is on a distinguished road Chii is on a distinguished road Chii's Avatar

New CCR training agency for Pelagian DCCR

This company SwedTech Diving recently launched a new technical diving agency with OC trimix courses. They now offer CCR courses in ther own name with own course standards. Far as i know this training program is not linked to any other big agency.

Interseting to see how they will do

Silver Mine Junkie Dragan is on a distinguished road Dragan is on a distinguished road Dragan's Avatar
    Sentinel

Re: New CCR training agency for Pelagian DCCR

Quote Originally Posted by Chii  View Original Post
    This company SwedTech Diving recently launched a new technical diving agency with OC trimix courses. They now offer CCR courses in ther own name with own course standards. Far as i know this training program is not linked to any other big agency.

Interseting to see how they will do
    Without having any connections to SwedTech Diving:

Since you are from Sweden yourself I'm pretty sure that you already know the story behind SwedTech Diving, but given the negative tone in the post I feel it to be fair enough to add some facts.

The person behind the organisation has been a NAUI Technical Course Director for a long time and is considered to be one of the best technical instructors in Scandinavia regardless of comparison and also including e.g. GUE. OC standards and resulting student skills are of at least an equal quality as any other respected technical agency.

I don't have the entire story behind the CCR-training, but the person responsible for this specific part already have both Pelagian CCR instructor credentials with other agencies as well as a lot of experience of using and teaching the CCR technology in general and Pelagian specifically.

With the OC-part I have no doubt what so ever, but I'm pretty sure that this organisation is more prepared for the CCR-task than some of the other agencies out there.

/Jonas

RBW Member izze will become famous soon enough izze will become famous soon enough izze will become famous soon enough izze will become famous soon enough izze's Avatar
    JJ

The OP really must be some sort of forum troll to post that. Granted it's a small agency but I doubt there is anyone involved in technical diving in Sweden that doesn't know about the founder and you'll be hard pressed to find anyone with a bad thing to say about the quality of education.

Dive Aqaba Owner Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson's Avatar
    Pelagian

Dolphin, GAF

Great news! We need to keep Andy busy building units...plus push for third party testing then it will really take off...

RBW Member offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro's Avatar
    rEvo, FGT, Boris

Meg

I assume that there is no problem in Sweden as the technical community is not too big, but how is it to take an OC or CCR courses from SwedTech and travel to other countries? Would it be possible to be certified in both NAUI and SwedTech?

Silver Mine Junkie Dragan is on a distinguished road Dragan is on a distinguished road Dragan's Avatar
    Sentinel

As far as I'm aware, there should be no problem getting dual certification for OC through NAUI. That has been used in the past.

Pelagian is however not on NAUIs list of approved units (and dare I say will not be either until tested by third party), but I assume that the same would be possible through TDI for the CCR training.

SwedTech guys will have to fill in to confirm though...

/Jonas

RBW Member izze will become famous soon enough izze will become famous soon enough izze will become famous soon enough izze will become famous soon enough izze's Avatar
    JJ

Quote Originally Posted by offpro  View Original Post
    I assume that there is no problem in Sweden as the technical community is not too big, but how is it to take an OC or CCR courses from SwedTech and travel to other countries? Would it be possible to be certified in both NAUI and SwedTech?

I've done technical dives in about a dozen different countries with no issues what so ever. Actually I've never been asked to show any c-card for those dives. Just a test dive with a deco bottle as a proof of competence. The Swedtech cards come with training specs printed on the cards so the level you're trained to is quite obvious.

Banned Atlas is infamous around these parts Atlas is infamous around these parts Atlas is infamous around these parts Atlas is infamous around these parts Atlas is infamous around these parts Atlas's Avatar

I think its rather strange that somebody as quality consious as the founder of Swedtech would bring in a untested machine into his organisation.

Dive Aqaba Owner Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson's Avatar
    Pelagian

Dolphin, GAF

Every rebreather is untested until it has been used by many divers in a variety of conditions to a variety of depths...what does official third party testing prove like CE for example? Just enables third parties to make some more money from the manufactures and mainly shifts the liability curve...

We screwed up adventure sport by suing everyone at the slightest incident..so look what teledyne did...

mm so then we have no third party testing of O2 cells aka APD/Buddy so everyone is now scrabbling around for other cells etc

Whatever happened to testing them yourself! After all its you life on the line, not the manufacturer, training agency or a european politician!

Banned Atlas is infamous around these parts Atlas is infamous around these parts Atlas is infamous around these parts Atlas is infamous around these parts Atlas is infamous around these parts Atlas's Avatar

"what does official third party testing prove"
    It gives a baseline where we could start compare diffrent units.

I couldent have said it better myself; its my life thats on the line.......

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast