+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dual Reabreather exploration: Blue Abyss, Sac Actun Sistema.

RBW Member starnas will become famous soon enough starnas will become famous soon enough starnas will become famous soon enough starnas will become famous soon enough starnas's Avatar

Dual Reabreather exploration: Blue Abyss, Sac Actun Sistema.

My latest Pit exploration tread: http://www.rebreatherworld.com/rebreather-cave-diving/37981-the-pit-exploration-cd-2.html
    ended with remark that my goal is to connect The Pit and Blue Abyss. This idea will have no sense if there will be no way to pass rock collapse in Blue Abyss tunnel. That’s why before diving in The Pit I did week long exploratory dives in Pet Cemetery. First 3 days pass on looking for proper crevice on the bottom of Blue Abyss allowing me to squeeze through restriction. To look further in some of them I used ad hoc constructed camera rig which was pushed as far as possible in crevices. Dives were done on Dual HH to maximize bottom time. Next 3 days was spend on exploration of chosen crevice. I was swimming with Dual HH to about 65m depth, remove and deposit CCR. From there, with no mount configuration I explored going every day further and further. After 4th day, I discovered small passage and next, huge collector. I named newly discovered way: TKM (English translation of this polish synonym is not appropriate for publication J, let’s just say that I used a lots of “blip” words during my 3 days ordeal) .

After this discovery , because I was sure that Blue Abyss is open for deep penetration, I was able to concentrate on The Pit exploration.
    After extending line in The Pit and discovering “saw” (one can say: jojo), up and down, profile there, I decided to go back to Blue Abyss exploration. For this, to be successful, I decided to take with me CCR through two restrictions and farther through rock collapse. Next few days were used to slim down my Dual HH by removing non-essential parts and making unit as streamlined as possible. Also, lots of training time was spend on CCR “remove-pas through-mount” procedure.

April 15th, unfortunately alone (my support team had to go back to Poland) I completed 7 hour long dive. 40 minutes of which was spend past final restriction on exploring and cartography. I laid about 200 meters of new cave line, marked new passages for future projects and end my Blue Abyss exploration on 101m. depth.

At present, due to my other obligations and need to prepare for next 16-10 hours dives in The Pit, I’m taking break and returning to Poland. Next Mexico trip is scheduled for September.

As always, big thanks to Protec Playa for preparing gases, lending me scooter and tanks as well as allowing me to use their tool shop. And gratitude to my team, Irena and Mark for support in first stages of exploration.
    Attached Images

Randy Thornton Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict's Avatar
    Hammerhead Sentinel Evolution

Optima Inspiration Prism 2

Re: Dual Reabreather exploration: Blue Abyss, Sac Actun Sistema.

Starnas,

Amazing as usual! This is really cutting edge exploration! Thanks so much for sharing your descriptions as well as pictures! Given that you are diving dual Hammerheads, I'm curious if you are actually using both of them or if one is simply for bailout. Are you switching back and forth between both of them, or do you mainly dive from one primary unit and the 2nd unit is for bailout?

Also, how much gas are you carrying? I'm assuming that it is slung via sidemount and not mounted to your unit?

Thanks again for sharing. Very, very interesting!

Regards,
    Randy

RBW Member BlueLabelDiving is an unknown quantity at this point BlueLabelDiving's Avatar
    Meg, Inspo, homebuilt

Full Marks Starnas!

I'm sharing Mixaddicts' curciosity; if you could enlighten us with the way you used your twin HH ?

Cheers, Ben

RBW Member starnas will become famous soon enough starnas will become famous soon enough starnas will become famous soon enough starnas will become famous soon enough starnas's Avatar

Short video from a camera mounted on a helmet. TKM restriction at the bottom of Blue Abyss

Last edited by Curt Bowen; 19th April 2011 at 11:31. Reason: Added frame for video

Superb,

Cave Dwellers Dive Club Marc Bryan is on a distinguished road Marc Bryan is on a distinguished road Marc Bryan's Avatar
    rEvo III Standard

Fantastic! Thanks for sharing!

RBW Member Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko's Avatar
    HH Inspiration / Joki

Dolphin, Megalodon, RGU

I don't know what TMK means in Poland, buy waching this video y almost can undestand it. SUPERB.

RBW Member D@rek is an unknown quantity at this point D@rek's Avatar
    Inspiration Clasic

fantastic

RBW Member anarchista is an unknown quantity at this point anarchista's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by starnas  View Original Post
    restriction at the bottom
    Krzysiek zainstaluj latarkę na dole obiegów zamknięteych, przy przechodzeniu przez zacisk będziesz miał oświetlenie, działające cały czas.

pozdrawiam rc

RBW Member Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll's Avatar
    Waiting for my Next

Megalodon 2.7

Love Your work

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast