+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Raja Ampat

RBW Member bcdiverdennis is an unknown quantity at this point bcdiverdennis's Avatar

Raja Ampat

Does any one have any recent experiences diving Raja Ampat, Indonesia.

I think of doing a liveaborad there late 2012 and was looking for recommendations or for that matter things to avoid. I'd like a rebreather friendly liveabord.

Any and all thoughts are welcome.

Thanks

RBW Member Stingray is an unknown quantity at this point Stingray's Avatar
    KISS & Poseidon Discovery

Drager Atlantis

Re: Raja Ampat

Hi,

Not sure if there is a rebreather friendly vessel in RA...one would think there would be considering there are a lot of boats going there now...but if you have no luck and still want a rebreather friendly boat, mine in PNG is! We have sorb, cylinders for hire and O2 booster pumps. I have 4 KISS units available for rent too.

Brian Mecklem Brian7 will become famous soon enough Brian7 will become famous soon enough Brian7 will become famous soon enough Brian7's Avatar
    PRISM 2, EXPLORER

PRISM TOPAZ

Quote Originally Posted by Stingray  View Original Post
    Hi,

Not sure if there is a rebreather friendly vessel in RA...one would think there would be considering there are a lot of boats going there now...but if you have no luck and still want a rebreather friendly boat, mine in PNG is! We have sorb, cylinders for hire and O2 booster pumps. I have 4 KISS units available for rent too.
    Where are you based?

lEEbo lEEblEEdErs seasick has a spectacular aura about seasick has a spectacular aura about seasick has a spectacular aura about seasick has a spectacular aura about seasick has a spectacular aura about seasick's Avatar
    rEvo II Micro FT mCCR

Shearwater Meg DCCCR

Hi,

Hi,

What type of cylinders do you have for hire?

Steel/Aluminium?
    Valve type - Inspo/modular?
    Capacity - 2L/3L?

bcdiverdennis - Sorry for the hijack.

Best regards,
    SS

RBW Member Stingray is an unknown quantity at this point Stingray's Avatar
    KISS & Poseidon Discovery

Drager Atlantis

I have 1.5 ltr, 3 ltr and 4 ltr both steel and al tanks, the steel ones were for Inspiration but I am not sure what condition they are in. My vessel is heading to Australia for her annual refit and will have all the tanks tested there. Other valve types are the standard Thermo valves.

Hope that helps.

Craig.

RBW Member John Bantin is just really nice John Bantin is just really nice John Bantin is just really nice John Bantin is just really nice John Bantin is just really nice John Bantin is just really nice John Bantin is just really nice John Bantin is just really nice John Bantin is just really nice John Bantin's Avatar

Rob at Max Ammer's in Kri Island uses an Insperation and that's where the best diving is!.

http://gekodivebali.com Cedrics is an unknown quantity at this point Cedrics's Avatar
    Evolution

From my understanding there is no vessel equipped for rebreathers in Papua. Beyond scuba which is based in Bali can organize things for you with several different boats, but I don't know whether they do this for individuals or full charters only.
    Otherwise you can also check with Blue Marlin. They have a liveaboard going to Komodo from Trawangan.
    I agree with John Cape Kri is some of the best diving, but missing out on Misool is also a pity...

RBW Member Venomguy is an unknown quantity at this point Venomguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cedrics  View Original Post
    From my understanding there is no vessel equipped for rebreathers in Papua. Beyond scuba which is based in Bali can organize things for you with several different boats, but I don't know whether they do this for individuals or full charters only.
    Otherwise you can also check with Blue Marlin. They have a liveaboard going to Komodo from Trawangan.
    I agree with John Cape Kri is some of the best diving, but missing out on Misool is also a pity...
    Try black manta live aboard , I just dived past 2 weekends on their sister ship white manta and was rebreather friendly, just had to bring my own sorb, tanks,
    Black Manta liveaboard - Similan islands, Komodo and Raja Ampat.

RBW Member dreamdive has disabled reputation dreamdive's Avatar
    Pathfinder, rEvo, Explorer

Meg, PrismII, Titan, Optima, 7

I have 1.5 ltr, 3 ltr and 4 ltr both steel and al tanks, the steel ones were for Inspiration but I am not sure what condition they are in. My vessel is heading to Australia for her annual refit and will have all the tanks tested there. Other valve types are the standard Thermo valves.

Hope that helps.

Craig.
    I can vouch for Craig and his boat! Top notch operation! Just trying to figure out when I am coming back bringing my rEvo

Claudia

RBW Member Sirenfleet is an unknown quantity at this point Sirenfleet's Avatar
    Poseidon MKVI

Hi there,
    our boats the Indo Siren and the Mandarin Siren are rebreather friendly. We have from middle to end of 2012 onwards Poseidon rebreathers onboard. But we can also can handle other rebreathers. We just need to know what you need and than we have other than pre packed sorb on board. Oxygen is not a problem, we also have a booster pump on each vessel. We will be in Raja Ampat after our Komodo season.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast