+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: BIKINI ATOLL 12-25 Aug 2011

RBW Member nadwidny has a spectacular aura about nadwidny has a spectacular aura about nadwidny has a spectacular aura about nadwidny has a spectacular aura about nadwidny has a spectacular aura about nadwidny has a spectacular aura about nadwidny's Avatar
    KISS Classic

Re: BIKINI ATOLL 12-25 Aug 2011

Can't do 2011 but a buddy and I are planning doing 2012 if the dates work out with work schedules.

Johnny Lambert dodelineur will become famous soon enough dodelineur will become famous soon enough dodelineur will become famous soon enough dodelineur will become famous soon enough dodelineur's Avatar
    Mini meg

Inspiration

Hi Pete

Strongly interested by your 2013 trip... Waiting infos when you have them.

Johnny

RBW Member diverchris is an unknown quantity at this point diverchris's Avatar
    Inspiration with Vision

Quote Originally Posted by petemes  View Original Post
    Chris,
    It wont be the first time someones wife has wanted me strung up!

Looking forward to seeing you in 2012.

Pete
    Pete,
    You just have to deal with the feisty red-head in person in 2012!

New Member petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes's Avatar
    Inspo Vision

Oh Oh!!! Thanks for the heads up mate,

Looking forward to catching up with the two of you!

Pete
    Quote Originally Posted by diverchris  View Original Post
    Pete,
    You just have to deal with the feisty red-head in person in 2012!

RBW Member Aquanut is an unknown quantity at this point Aquanut's Avatar
    Evolution

Inspiration

Damn, just booked Galapagos. It's got to be 2012 then.
    What is the password to see the pictures??

RBW Member denmich is an unknown quantity at this point denmich's Avatar

I'm glad to hear it reopened. I made the trip in 1999, and I noticed one of the locals was the same guy when I was there in 1999. it's definitely a great trip for me. I just completed diving the Oriskany in Pensacola, Florida.
    These are the only aircraft carriers that you can dive.

New Member petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes is a jewel in the rough petemes's Avatar
    Inspo Vision

Hi there,
    I think you are talking about Edward Wilson. He is now working for the liveaboard operation. He is a great guy and very knowledgeable about the wrecks.

Would love to hear about your diving in the Big O. PM me if you have the time.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by denmich  View Original Post
    I'm glad to hear it reopened. I made the trip in 1999, and I noticed one of the locals was the same guy when I was there in 1999. it's definitely a great trip for me. I just completed diving the Oriskany in Pensacola, Florida.

RBW Member DeepGeek has a spectacular aura about DeepGeek has a spectacular aura about DeepGeek has a spectacular aura about DeepGeek has a spectacular aura about DeepGeek has a spectacular aura about DeepGeek's Avatar
    AP Evolution

I'm in for 2011, and doing some of Pete's Truk trip beforehand (see other thread)
    Might as well spend three weeks if you're going all that way, eh?

Chris

RBW Member mirekW is an unknown quantity at this point mirekW's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by denmich  View Original Post
    Well, there is also Graf Zeppelin:
    Discovery in 2006
    On 12 July 2006 RV St. Barbara, a ship belonging to the Polish oil company Rebreather World - Rebreathers for Scuba Diving - the next step found a 265 m long wreck close to the port of Łeba (a BBC report says 55 km north of Władysławowo) which they thought was most likely Graf Zeppelin. On 26 July 2006 the crew of the Polish Navy's survey ship ORP Arctowski commenced inspection of the wreckage to confirm its identity, and the following day the Polish Navy confirmed that the wreckage was indeed that of Graf Zeppelin. She rests at more than 87 meters (264 feet) below the surface.
    In 2009 a team of scuba divers obtained permission from the Polish government to dive the wreck. The depth and conditions of the wreck mean that only advanced technical divers can realistically contemplate such a dive, but in any event, permission needs to be obtained from Polish authorities for any diving activities."

For people going to Bikini a few pictures from Saratoga
    Attached Images
    Last edited by mirekW; 5th April 2011 at 03:02.

Inspo Vision

Just an update, I have 8 confirmed for the August 2011 Bikini trip.

2 more spots available.

Many thanks

Pete

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast