+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Submarine found off San Clemente Island

CEO-Shearwater
    bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri's Avatar
    rEvo, JJ

Meg,CCR2000,KISS,Inspo,Dolphin

Re: Submarine found off San Clemente Island

Quote Originally Posted by aainslie  View Original Post
    I can see a story already... "there I was at 300 feet removing my rebreather to swin through the hatchway. I held my breath and..."
    Have you seen that video of Chatterton too? It blew me away. Taking off your breather and putting on a single 80 to squeeze into the U869. Not me!

Bruce
    The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance. It is the illusion of knowledge.
    http://www.shearwater.com

Quote Originally Posted by bgpartri  View Original Post
    Have you seen that video of Chatterton too? It blew me away. Taking off your breather and putting on a single 80 to squeeze into the U869. Not me!

Bruce
    I think that was on Hitler's Lost Sub NOVA special. From what I heard, that scene wasn't filmed on the U-869. It was recreated on the Lizzie D tugboat in 80 feet of water. I wasn't there so I can't confirm this but that is the common story that has floated around. Plus, I think they did all the dives OC if I remember correctly. No rebreathers.
    Last edited by Garibaldi; 11th February 2011 at 18:34.

CEO DiveNav, Inc. DiveNav will become famous soon enough DiveNav will become famous soon enough DiveNav will become famous soon enough DiveNav will become famous soon enough DiveNav's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aainslie  View Original Post
    ......We have high res scanner data for most of the island.
    I envy You

CEO-Shearwater
    bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri's Avatar
    rEvo, JJ

Meg,CCR2000,KISS,Inspo,Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by Garibaldi  View Original Post
    I think that was on Hitler's Lost Sub NOVA special. From what I heard, that scene wasn't filmed on the U-869. It was recreated on the Lizzie D tugboat in 80 feet of water. I wasn't there so I can't confirm this but that is the common story that has floated around. Plus, I think they did all the dives OC if I remember correctly. No rebreathers.
    No, it was from a camera owned by Greg Mossfeldt who was on the dive filming it. I don't know about the NOVA scene, but the one I saw was on the sub.

John and I bought our first rebreathers at almost the same time in the late 90's. (CCR2000) I can't remember for sure what he was diving that day but it certainly could have been a rebreather. I have a vague memory that it was an Inspiration, but I could be wrong. Greg or Brian could correct me.

Bruce
    The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance. It is the illusion of knowledge.
    http://www.shearwater.com

No, it was from a camera owned by Greg Mossfeldt who was on the dive filming it. I don't know about the NOVA scene, but the one I saw was on the sub.
    Interesting. I have never seen that footage. I will have to check it out.

Do you know if they ever filmed Chatterton recovering the disco ball from the Doria?

Scuba Diving - New Jersey & Long Island New York - dive Wreck Valley - Artifacts & Shipwrecks - Andrea Doria Disco Ball Found

Nailer99 Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith's Avatar
    Megalodon

John and I bought our first rebreathers at almost the same time in the late 90's. (CCR2000) I can't remember for sure what he was diving that day but it certainly could have been a rebreather. I have a vague memory that it was an Inspiration, but I could be wrong. Greg or Brian could correct me.

Bruce
    Well, according to the book, Chatterton was still on OC at that point- rebreathers came later. I met John at a Dive expo 2 years ago - he told me his saga with the CCR2000 and taking it to the Brittanic- it was hilarious, had me in tears!! It sounds like it was....uh....quite a piece of equipment!

RBW Member crpntr133 is an unknown quantity at this point crpntr133's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Garibaldi  View Original Post
    According to the book all dives were on OC.

RBW Member saint ram bone is an unknown quantity at this point saint ram bone's Avatar

Beware of that area off of San Clemente and possibly to the North North West due to radiation. There was a coverup in 1983 by the US Navy after the Falkland Islands War.

I was a Quartermaster on the USS Reid FFG-30 and I was warned not to go out on the ship that week due to the area being like a "nuclear soup". Some of our officers did not go out to sea if they were warned.

We were mapping the bottom according to the officers and going back and forth. We started off of San Clemente Island and moved into deeper water, eventually going to the North North West and steadily proceeding Westward.

At some point it got very hot on the bridge and bridge wings of the ship and I became delirious from the heat and told the captain. The captain who had been in Vietnam when he was younger said, "They are trying to kill us."

It is my belief that something else happened, perhaps a mine hit a nuclear submarine or a lot of radiation was dumped in the area.

It is also my belief that many of us who were exposed to the radiation had our genetics altered, meaning if we had children after exposure that many of those children had birth defects.

Stay away from San Clemente Island and the same goes for the Island to the North North West and proceeding out into the deeper water to the West.

I am Kurt Brown, alias Saint Ram Bone. I talk about this fact and more at the website Mobile Audit Club found by internet search. You can also see more about this on the Love Line 12 and Quatrains 12 page of the website. I also have videos at youtube.com under the name of saintrambone. I am on Facebook under the name of Mobile Audit Club.

Stay away from that radiation. The government was overtaken a long time ago. They do not care about you and they are trying to keep this covered up.

Kurt Brown -- Saint Ram Bone

Mobile Audit Club

It is very possible that another submarine may have been hit that had radiation in it. They may have drug it there and dropped it like a lure for us to tamper with or it may have been exploded remotely.

RBW Member AzTek Diver is an unknown quantity at this point AzTek Diver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saint ram bone  View Original Post
    It is also my belief that many of us who were exposed to the radiation had our genetics altered, meaning if we had children after exposure that many of those children had birth defects.
    Kurt Brown -- Saint Ram Bone
    I would agree that your genetics have been altered, please don't have any children.

Randy Thornton Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict's Avatar
    Hammerhead Sentinel Evolution

Optima Inspiration Prism 2

The only thing I can say is WOW! (for a number of reasons!)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast