+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tapatalk issues

RBW Member Scott.McClure will become famous soon enough Scott.McClure will become famous soon enough Scott.McClure will become famous soon enough Scott.McClure will become famous soon enough Scott.McClure's Avatar
    Draeger Dolphin (modified)

Tapatalk issues

Hi,

I just tried accessing this site on my iPhone, and a popup appeared saying I should access the site via Tapatalk. I installed Tapatalk on my iPhone, and gave it a try. It can see the main page, but when I try to go into any of the forums, it gets an "Unexpected Error" (is there any other kind?). I contacted Tapatalk support, and they responded:
    Hello Scott,

This forum is running a very old version of Tapatalk plugin - you may want to request them to upgrade.

Regards,
    Tapatalk Administrator
    Can you guys upgrade the plugin for the forum? I travel quite a bit, and would love to be able to follow the forums from my phone.

Thanks,

Scott

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Re: Tapatalk issues

Same here

Quote Originally Posted by Scott.McClure  View Original Post
    Hi,

I just tried accessing this site on my iPhone, and a popup appeared saying I should access the site via Tapatalk. I installed Tapatalk on my iPhone, and gave it a try. It can see the main page, but when I try to go into any of the forums, it gets an "Unexpected Error" (is there any other kind?). I contacted Tapatalk support, and they responded:
    Hello Scott,

This forum is running a very old version of Tapatalk plugin - you may want to request them to upgrade.

Regards,
    Tapatalk Administrator
    Can you guys upgrade the plugin for the forum? I travel quite a bit, and would love to be able to follow the forums from my phone.

Thanks,

Scott
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

Nailer99 Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith's Avatar
    Megalodon

Yeah, me three- tapatalk doesn't work for this site on my droid.

RBW Member laphiloche is an unknown quantity at this point laphiloche's Avatar
    edo 04

one more !

It's Hammertime! Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski's Avatar
    Hammerhead

Megalodon, Inspiration

Did it ever work here?
    Hammerhead CCR Instructor
    Hammerhead Repair Facility
    Golem Gear Dealer
    www.silentthrill.com

RBW Member jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk's Avatar
    HammerMeg

Kiss Classic, Inspiration

All I can say is that if you want to see Curt spend the time and money to make that kind of upgrade then I would think the fair thing to do would be to first become a supporter of the site and that would at least help him financially to get it done. IMHO.

Here the link in case you feel compelled to use it. RBW Supporters

From his past answers to the request it would seem it is not a simple change for him to make.

John
    Last edited by jkaterenchuk; 25th November 2010 at 21:28.

Hammerhead CCR diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike's Avatar
    HammerHead CCR

Sidekick & Others

Ditto on John's comments!!! Maybe there should be some kind of a fund raiser to make it happen....

Quote Originally Posted by jkaterenchuk  View Original Post
    All I can say is that if you want to see Curt spend the time and money to make that kind of upgrade then I would think the fair thing to do would be to first become a supporter of the site and that would at least help him financially to get it done. IMHO.

Here the link in case you feel compelled to use it. RBW Supporters

From his past answers to the request it would seem it is not a simple change for him to make.

John

RBW Key Holder
    Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

Quote Originally Posted by diverklondike  View Original Post
    Ditto on John's comments!!! Maybe there should be some kind of a fund raiser to make it happen....
    To make it happen I have to upgrade the system software to a newer version

I know this sounds simple, but there has been lots of new code written in here that could be lost? Problem is, I am not willing to loose lots of data, just so a few can type on their phone.

And it will take several days to backup, test, etc...

Right now the risks are to high and my time is very limited

If anyone knows a true expert in vbull, I could use their assistance.

If your not an expert and just wish to speak your mind about how I should do it, save your breath....

RBW Member Calvin is an unknown quantity at this point Calvin's Avatar

What, you mean you don't want to upgrade RBW's software and deal with all the corresponding headaches on Turkey Day? What gives, Curt?!

RBW Key Holder
    Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin  View Original Post
    What, you mean you don't want to upgrade RBW's software and deal with all the corresponding headaches on Turkey Day? What gives, Curt?!

That is part of it, or probably even December, I have to much other work to complete, 50 hours a week at FD and have a holiday also

Than there is January, Ill be cave exploring for half the month, Firehouse and home the other half

Than there is feb........