+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Undersea War Fighter - CCR Module - DEMA 2010

Wannabe...diven sea2summit is a jewel in the rough sea2summit is a jewel in the rough sea2summit is a jewel in the rough sea2summit is a jewel in the rough sea2summit is a jewel in the rough sea2summit is a jewel in the rough sea2summit is a jewel in the rough sea2summit is a jewel in the rough sea2summit's Avatar
    the best oNe

Re: Undersea War Fighter - CCR Module - DEMA 2010

Found it, wasn't 7.62 my bad. Still pretty worthless.
    APS amphibious rifle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

RBW Member jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold's Avatar
    rEvo III Micro FT

Pelagian DCCCR

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Bowen  View Original Post
    But, yes, it is VERY efficient for killing fish. And possibly other divers. And if I ever found myself in a "underwater war", I would rather have a Glock than a knife...
    A bullet will not fire underwater for more than a few yards and losses most of its punch because of the density of water.

Myth Busters tried it....

Powerheads work mostly because of concussion, not penetration when hitting a fish at point blank.
    [/QUOTE]

I did not say it was good at long range, did I?
    IIRC, the bullet would travel about 5m before sinking to the bottom.

And you are absolutely right abot the concussion. To be effective, the target needs to be closer than 1m. And it is enough to point the gun in the approximate direction...

RBW Member jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold is a jewel in the rough jlovold's Avatar
    rEvo III Micro FT

Pelagian DCCCR

Quote Originally Posted by sea2summit  View Original Post
    Found it, wasn't 7.62 my bad. Still pretty worthless.
    APS amphibious rifle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    This is the most recent:

Modern Firearms - ADS dual-medium / amphibious / underwater assault rifle

And "worthless" depends on the situation.

RBW Key Holder
    Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

Quote Originally Posted by jlovold  View Original Post
    A bullet will not fire underwater for more than a few yards and losses most of its punch because of the density of water.

Myth Busters tried it....

Powerheads work mostly because of concussion, not penetration when hitting a fish at point blank.
    I did not say it was good at long range, did I?
    IIRC, the bullet would travel about 5m before sinking to the bottom.

And you are absolutely right abot the concussion. To be effective, the target needs to be closer than 1m. And it is enough to point the gun in the approximate direction...[/quote]

Never said you did, It was a general statement directed to all readers

LAR Addict RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag's Avatar
    LAR VI FGT LAR VI Clone

OMG MK4 CDV and MK4 CSC

Check this out

These russian guns together with the german Heckler and Koch P11 are the only underwater usable guns with an effective range of more than 1m! At least the only ones I know of...

RBW Member lewisite is an unknown quantity at this point lewisite's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

The above mentioned purpose-built 'UW' handgun by H&K with a 15m effective range, the P11

Interesting website...
    Last edited by lewisite; 24th November 2010 at 23:12.