+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: GMS Concepts H2OV heads-up video housing

New Member barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney is a splendid one to behold barney's Avatar

Re: GMS Concepts H2OV heads-up video housing

Quote Originally Posted by Naumachos  View Original Post
    Sound interesting,have you tryed helmet mounted?
    Is it "bulky" or "wearable" ?
    I mean finning,not scootering
    You will have a new friend on FB in a few minutes.
    Have not considered helmet mount.
    It's small and likely very wearable.
    As Curt mentioned, holding the housing in your hand leads to less than optimal quality (think shaky cam). The scooter provides a nice stable platform that when moved mitigates the shakes.

RBW Master Plumber lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof is a glorious beacon of light lof's Avatar
    Hammerhead

Meg,Prizm,RB80,LARV,MK15,HomeB

For me it was too big to mount on helmet for cave diving.
    It would get banged around too much

New Member Pat Coughlan has a spectacular aura about Pat Coughlan has a spectacular aura about Pat Coughlan has a spectacular aura about Pat Coughlan has a spectacular aura about Pat Coughlan has a spectacular aura about Pat Coughlan has a spectacular aura about Pat Coughlan's Avatar
    Sentinel

Inspiration Classic

I helmet mounted my one but haven't dived it yet to see how well it works

Helmet Mounted HD video

HTH Pat

Old st(r)ockfish Naumachos is on a distinguished road Naumachos is on a distinguished road Naumachos's Avatar
    Megalodon 2.5

Quote Originally Posted by barney  View Original Post
    Have not considered helmet mount.
    It's small and likely very wearable.
    As Curt mentioned, holding the housing in your hand leads to less than optimal quality (think shaky cam). The scooter provides a nice stable platform that when moved mitigates the shakes.
    I agree,but generally i'll use it inside wrecks or in closed quartiers,for open space have a Gates Diego housing,old but still kicking.

Old st(r)ockfish Naumachos is on a distinguished road Naumachos is on a distinguished road Naumachos's Avatar
    Megalodon 2.5

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Coughlan  View Original Post
    I helmet mounted my one but haven't dived it yet to see how well it works

Helmet Mounted HD video

HTH Pat
    Uhm,i'm not a fan about top head mount
    Curious to test a side mount,but i'm not sure if not push on meg's c.l.
    I agree that for serious cave diving its only a pita.

Cave nut!
    Richard Harris is a jewel in the rough Richard Harris is a jewel in the rough Richard Harris is a jewel in the rough Richard Harris is a jewel in the rough Richard Harris is a jewel in the rough Richard Harris is a jewel in the rough Richard Harris is a jewel in the rough Richard Harris is a jewel in the rough Richard Harris's Avatar
    rEVO

KISS, Flex, Satori, Mk15.5, ++

As Gregg mentioned we recently took 2 of these housings to just short of 200m in a cave in NZ and had no problems with them. One helmet mounted and one on the scooter. Mount the housing on the right side of the helmet and you won't even know it is there...even for serious wreck or cave diving

I would be happy to wear it through the tightest of restrictions. If things are THAT tight I would probably be taking the helmet off anyway.

Here is an image of the camera on a helmet...sorry it is being held sideways. The condensation is only on the outside of the housing as the water is just above freezing!

BTW I think Curt's weight-mounted footage is awesome.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Richard Harris; 22nd February 2011 at 09:44. Reason: trouble with image insertion

RBW Member Alkermes has a spectacular aura about Alkermes has a spectacular aura about Alkermes has a spectacular aura about Alkermes has a spectacular aura about Alkermes has a spectacular aura about Alkermes's Avatar

Why sideway?... better than top?.

Regards, Alkermes.

Megalodon 2.5

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Harris  View Original Post
    As Gregg mentioned we recently took 2 of these housings to just short of 200m in a cave in NZ and had no problems with them. One helmet mounted and one on the scooter. Mount the housing on the right side of the helmet and you won't even know it is there...even for serious wreck or cave diving

I would be happy to wear it through the tightest of restrictions. If things are THAT tight I would probably be taking the helmet off anyway.

Here is an image of the camera on a helmet...sorry it is being held sideways. The condensation is only on the outside of the housing as the water is just above freezing!

BTW I think Curt's weight-mounted footage is awesome.

You crazy guys...200 mts cave dive...
    Any footage around the web?

EXPLORER jdz has a spectacular aura about jdz has a spectacular aura about jdz has a spectacular aura about jdz has a spectacular aura about jdz has a spectacular aura about jdz's Avatar
    rEvo, PRISM, KISS

Modccr Dolphin, SM CCR, Satori

Quote Originally Posted by Naumachos  View Original Post
    You crazy guys...200 mts cave dive...
    Any footage around the web?
    Usual yada yada... waiting for our contractual obligations to be finalised.. ...soon...

EXPLORER jdz has a spectacular aura about jdz has a spectacular aura about jdz has a spectacular aura about jdz has a spectacular aura about jdz has a spectacular aura about jdz's Avatar
    rEvo, PRISM, KISS

Modccr Dolphin, SM CCR, Satori

Quote Originally Posted by Alkermes  View Original Post
    Why sideway?... better than top?.

Regards, Alkermes.
    balances the torches & keeps the centre of gravity low..
    cheers