+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need Help in Grand Cayman

RBW Member JasonF is a jewel in the rough JasonF is a jewel in the rough JasonF is a jewel in the rough JasonF is a jewel in the rough JasonF is a jewel in the rough JasonF is a jewel in the rough JasonF is a jewel in the rough JasonF is a jewel in the rough JasonF's Avatar
    rEvo III Hyb Min, rEvo II STD

CK, SK, CCR 2000, Dolphin, Ray

Need Help in Grand Cayman

Dear RBW,

I have a 4 friends diving in Grand Cayman. I was wondering if anyone on here resides in Grand Cayman and has an extra set of Classic Kiss triple displays that they would be willing to lone one of the divers so she can finish out her trip.

I know it's a stretch asking for something like this but I can vouch for all 4 divers that they are competent divers and will take care of the displays. I have a new Classic KISS Kidney with triple displays that I was going to FED-Ex to them but Fed-Ex couldn't guarantee that the package wasn't going to get held up in customs.

Please e-mail me at jasonf@tscscuba.com if you know of anyone that might be able to assist.

Respectfully,

Jason Fisch
    Last edited by JasonF; 9th November 2010 at 21:28. Reason: forgot to put dow e-mail address

Plastic Pom........ Peter L is a jewel in the rough Peter L is a jewel in the rough Peter L is a jewel in the rough Peter L is a jewel in the rough Peter L is a jewel in the rough Peter L is a jewel in the rough Peter L is a jewel in the rough Peter L is a jewel in the rough Peter L's Avatar
    rEvo II Hybrid

Inspo

Re: Need Help in Grand Cayman

Dived there last Christmas....
    I very very much doubt there is another KISS diver on the island.
    Your best hope is DiveTech or Duncan Heard who owns Stingray Watersports.

DiveTech would be the only place you could rent another unit (inspo) if it matters.

Check this thread out for details...
    http://www.rebreatherworld.com/showthread.php?t=34728

Good Luck.
    Peter

Moderator jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski has a reputation beyond repute jradomski's Avatar
    Hammehead & rEvo & Custom

KISS,Optima,Inspiration,Meg

Quote Originally Posted by JasonF  View Original Post
    Dear RBW,

I have a 4 friends diving in Grand Cayman. I was wondering if anyone on here resides in Grand Cayman and has an extra set of Classic Kiss triple displays that they would be willing to lone one of the divers so she can finish out her trip.

I know it's a stretch asking for something like this but I can vouch for all 4 divers that they are competent divers and will take care of the displays. I have a new Classic KISS Kidney with triple displays that I was going to FED-Ex to them but Fed-Ex couldn't guarantee that the package wasn't going to get held up in customs.

Please e-mail me at jasonf@tscscuba.com if you know of anyone that might be able to assist.

Respectfully,

Jason Fisch
    plus you will be hit with customs.. I had to have a solenoid fed exed a few years back to complte a class with a student.. we had to pay 100% duty on the value of the item even thoug it was leaving the island with us and was listed as warranty replacement..
    Joe Radomski
    CCR Trimix Instructor Trainer
    ANDI Instructor Trainer Director #10

All posts are personal opinions and DO NOT reflect any affiliated agency unless specifically stated.

RBW Member nickbr will become famous soon enough nickbr will become famous soon enough nickbr will become famous soon enough nickbr's Avatar
    meg apecs 2.7 w/sw

Hi Jason

I live on Grand Cayman and I think I know a good portion of the local rebreather divers. Other than at the odd event I've not seen a KISS here, I don't think anyone local dives one. Sorry. DiveTech have some spare inspo / evo / sentinel (I think) that they might hire out.

There are now 3 rebreather friendly dive operations on the island. Divetech, Stingray and In Depth Watersports. I would imagine that calling any of the 3 operations would give you the best answer available.

At Stingray, ask for Duncan, DiveTech as for Steve T, In Depth ask for Nat.

The comments about customs are bang on (with all respect to the customs office etc etc), I wouldn't risk it.

Hope this helps, and I hope your friends manage some good diving over here.

Cheers and safe diving
    Nick

RBW Member brandonmc is a glorious beacon of light brandonmc is a glorious beacon of light brandonmc is a glorious beacon of light brandonmc is a glorious beacon of light brandonmc is a glorious beacon of light brandonmc is a glorious beacon of light brandonmc is a glorious beacon of light brandonmc is a glorious beacon of light brandonmc is a glorious beacon of light brandonmc is a glorious beacon of light brandonmc is a glorious beacon of light brandonmc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JasonF  View Original Post

so she can finish out her trip.
    I'm sure Sean will be just fine on OC

Closed Account Art Greenberg will become famous soon enough Art Greenberg will become famous soon enough Art Greenberg will become famous soon enough Art Greenberg's Avatar
    Classic KISS

Quote Originally Posted by brandonmc  View Original Post
    I'm sure Sean will be just fine on OC
    LOL!

+ Reply to Thread