Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Gulf of Thailand Virgin Wreck Expedition 2011

RBW Member jamiemac is on a distinguished road jamiemac is on a distinguished road jamiemac's Avatar
    inspo

Re: Gulf of Thailand Virgin Wreck Expedition 2011

Quote Originally Posted by donlabbruzzo  View Original Post
    I don't fully understand the reasoning for not taking on paying passengers (divers) on the delivery and return trips from the west to east coast and back. With fuel prices where they are, and going higher by the day, and no real added cost to dive on each leg of the round trip, it seems to me, the original plan that Jamie had was the best, which was to have a small group pf CCR only divers on the delivery voyage.

Who's actually in charge of the boat delivery, maybe he's the person that should be giving this option some consideration.

Jamie had some nice Battle Ships on the dive schedule and it was worth the trip from the States to dive the POW & Repulse.

Maybe somone can provide the boat owners contact information and/or who can make this decision, unless it's simply too late to make these arrangements.

Don
    Hello Don,

The trip round is fraught with cock ups, new boat, new crew, first time round for rthe dive crew and some haven't even dived the wrecks.

the last time i did it with the Trident we had multiple cock-ups, took twice as long, missed peoples flights etc, but i was prepared to give it this year a go as i'd learned so much the first time.

i had a lot of second thoughts though, i'm glad i'm off the hook.

i think the new boat operators are wise to get the boat to their home waters first, train the boat crew in wreck diving, get a system together and then offer trips, it's what we should have done first time round in honesty.

Plus, you're right, ther's very little time left to organise it now

i'm sure they'll be more than ready to take divers the other way in October.

One day, Don, we'll do it together

Jamie
    Last edited by jamiemac; 14th April 2011 at 07:20. Reason: extra bit

RBW Member Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545's Avatar
    Meg/Shearwater Pathfinder

Re: Gulf of Thailand Virgin Wreck Expedition 2011

Had we thought we could put it together and make it work then we would have. Considering the lead time and not knowing the boat, crew or anything else I would not want to have people pay good money for something which we have no idea if we can make it work or not.

I think what we have planned is a responsible approach to getting this up and running where everyone will leave the boat with happy memories and wanting to come back for more.....

We will keep you posted with progress reports as comes to bear.

Regards,

Lance

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4