Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Gulf of Thailand Virgin Wreck Expedition 2011

RBW Member jamiemac is on a distinguished road jamiemac is on a distinguished road jamiemac's Avatar
    inspo

Re: Gulf of Thailand Virgin Wreck Expedition 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Drmike  View Original Post
    good. so we agree then
    Yes, we do agree. Well I do at least.From what I heard it's horrible in Hong Song, that's why I went home early that nasty trip.

With all due respect to my dead best mate, the fatality in question, diving deep wrecks and diving caves such as you're writing about are two very different things.

We'll never know what exactly went wrong, but I do think everyone has valid points

RBW Member Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545's Avatar
    Meg/Shearwater Pathfinder

Breaking news is that we could very well be able to get this trip up and happening again if we can get the numbers.

A buddy of mine is looking at bringing the same boat over Jamie was going to use for our trip this year and is keen to take it out to sea and look for some new wrecks.

He has a lot of good wreck marks and is keen to go and dive them and investigate some new ones.

The plan will be the same as what we had previously along with the same dates etc.

If you think you can make it....Get back to me so I can pass it on and get this trip of a life time up and running again.

Regards,

Lance

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Perhaps he can borrow Jamie's "Little black book"

Quote Originally Posted by Lancer4545  View Original Post
    Breaking news is that we could very well be able to get this trip up and happening again if we can get the numbers.

A buddy of mine is looking at bringing the same boat over Jamie was going to use for our trip this year and is keen to take it out to sea and look for some new wrecks.

He has a lot of good wreck marks and is keen to go and dive them and investigate some new ones.

The plan will be the same as what we had previously along with the same dates etc.

If you think you can make it....Get back to me so I can pass it on and get this trip of a life time up and running again.

Regards,

Lance
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

RBW Member stuey will become famous soon enough stuey will become famous soon enough stuey will become famous soon enough stuey's Avatar
    Inspo, Evo, Poseidon

Inspo classic, Meg, Deep

Hi all

Without the secrets hidden in Jamie's little black book the trip would not be possible. So big thanks to the man himself.

Stuey
    Quote Originally Posted by wedivebc  View Original Post
    Perhaps he can borrow Jamie's "Little black book"
    Last edited by stuey; 9th April 2011 at 00:06.

ANDI IT #47 andibk will become famous soon enough andibk will become famous soon enough andibk will become famous soon enough andibk's Avatar
    Hammerhead, Optima and Nautilu

Hammerhead, Inspiration, Kiss

Let me know what area you will be diving and I will see if I can come up with a few gps numbers for you also. I have a very helpful source when it comes to that.

Bruce

RBW Member stuey will become famous soon enough stuey will become famous soon enough stuey will become famous soon enough stuey's Avatar
    Inspo, Evo, Poseidon

Inspo classic, Meg, Deep

Thanks Bruce

I'll be in touch if everything goes according to plan

Stuey

donlabbruzzo will become famous soon enough donlabbruzzo will become famous soon enough donlabbruzzo will become famous soon enough donlabbruzzo's Avatar

Myself and and diver were scheduled on the trip, we had planned to meet the boat in Tioman, we're still interested if the Tioman pick up is possible and you have the wreck locations from Jamie. Especially the POW & Repulse.

We both made a trip last year that Peter ran when Jamie was in thr UK undergoing his first treatment.

I sent you a PM yesterday regarding this post, let me know the dates.

Don

RBW Member Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545's Avatar
    Meg/Shearwater Pathfinder

Jamie had planned to offer places for the boat trip around to Koh Tao when it was being delivered for the upcoming season. As we all know that was canceled along with the trips planned for 2011.

The boat could very well still be coming to Koh Tao but if it does the plan at this stage is for it to be a ferry trip only to deliver the boat and will not be taking divers.

What we are trying to do is salvage the trip I had planned for this May and run it to the original plan. It's still in the planning stage and I know that May is looming very close now but if we are going to do it we have to do it properly so we all can enjoy the trip and the diving without any problems.

Bruce, the trip will leave Koh Tao > Koh Samui and be heading South down around the USS Lagarto and we will be searching for the Akita Maru then back up to the Tottori etc...

We still have some places but they are filling!!!

Regards,

Lance

RBW Member jamiemac is on a distinguished road jamiemac is on a distinguished road jamiemac's Avatar
    inspo

Quote Originally Posted by donlabbruzzo  View Original Post
    Myself and and diver were scheduled on the trip, we had planned to meet the boat in Tioman, we're still interested if the Tioman pick up is possible and you have the wreck locations from Jamie. Especially the POW & Repulse.

We both made a trip last year that Peter ran when Jamie was in thr UK undergoing his first treatment.

I sent you a PM yesterday regarding this post, let me know the dates.

Don
    Stuey and lance have the marks, most from me, but also some lovely ones from Vidat that I've never dived north of POW/Repulse

hope it works out

J

donlabbruzzo will become famous soon enough donlabbruzzo will become famous soon enough donlabbruzzo will become famous soon enough donlabbruzzo's Avatar

I don't fully understand the reasoning for not taking on paying passengers (divers) on the delivery and return trips from the west to east coast and back. With fuel prices where they are, and going higher by the day, and no real added cost to dive on each leg of the round trip, it seems to me, the original plan that Jamie had was the best, which was to have a small group pf CCR only divers on the delivery voyage.

Who's actually in charge of the boat delivery, maybe he's the person that should be giving this option some consideration.

Jamie had some nice Battle Ships on the dive schedule and it was worth the trip from the States to dive the POW & Repulse.

Maybe somone can provide the boat owners contact information and/or who can make this decision, unless it's simply too late to make these arrangements.

Don

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast