+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MV Trident sunk

RBW Member jamiemac is on a distinguished road jamiemac is on a distinguished road jamiemac's Avatar
    inspo

MV Trident sunk

MV Trident is now on the bottom of the Gulf of Thailand, no doubt a few of you will say not before time!

I'm sailing the new boat , MV Giamani, from Phuket to Koh Tao next April, back again next October, eight Gulf of Thailand trips inbetween so we'refully back in action in 2011.

See MV Trident Technical Diving Thailand | Trimix CCR Dive, Wreck Training for dates.

Giamani has bigger bunks for bigger divers, en-suite bathrooms, blah, blah, everything our regulars have been asking for, so they'd better do some diving with us next year!

Jamie

RBW Member Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike's Avatar

Re: MV Trident sunk

Quote Originally Posted by jamiemac  View Original Post
    MV Trident is now on the bottom of the Gulf of Thailand, no doubt a few of you will say not before time!

I'm sailing the new boat , MV Giamani, from Phuket to Koh Tao next April, back again next October, eight Gulf of Thailand trips inbetween so we'refully back in action in 2011.

See MV Trident Technical Diving Thailand | Trimix CCR Dive, Wreck Training for dates.

Giamani has bigger bunks for bigger divers, en-suite bathrooms, blah, blah, everything our regulars have been asking for, so they'd better do some diving with us next year!

Jamie

damn jamie! thats a bit of a shocker!
    good luck with the new boat!

(still at least you have a new wreck to dive) :)

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

, so they'd better do some diving with us next year!

Jamie
    I'll be there
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

RBW Member Sully has a spectacular aura about Sully has a spectacular aura about Sully has a spectacular aura about Sully has a spectacular aura about Sully has a spectacular aura about Sully's Avatar
    Evo+,Inspiration

Classic

Awsome Jamie.

I did my course on the Trident using your gear with Bruce you was back in the UK at the time so I didn't get to meet you . I Think this is a winner for Koh Tao and the community as a hole . Please say hi to all at Master Divers and of course Pete, is Stuart working with you now ?
    Can't wait to get back there !!! & post some pics.
    Sully.

1 Grumpy ole skipper Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle is just really nice Scuttle's Avatar
    Classic KISS, Sentinel

SCR - CCR Dolphin

Sorry to hear about the disaster but I'll ask the obvious.. did someone trip over the bung hole?

RBW Member jamiemac is on a distinguished road jamiemac is on a distinguished road jamiemac's Avatar
    inspo

Quote Originally Posted by Scuttle  View Original Post
    Sorry to hear about the disaster but I'll ask the obvious.. did someone trip over the bung hole?
    Sorry, i should have said, the sinking had been planned for a long time. We took everything off of any value then took contributions from the local dive industry to cover the cleaning etc.

She was getting more and more costly to maintain, and those ancient old Cummins were so thirsty ( good luck to the new owner! ).

Sinking her was easy, the prop shafts were out and the holes bunged, just removed them and she was gone in 15mins.

She lies at 45 degrees starboard in 34m, i dived her yesterday, a lot of fun, hopefully we'll get a few wreck converts.

RBW Member jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk's Avatar
    HammerMeg

Kiss Classic, Inspiration

Sinking her was easy, the prop shafts were out and the holes bunged, just removed them and she was gone in 15mins.

She lies at 45 degrees starboard in 34m, i dived her yesterday, a lot of fun, hopefully we'll get a few wreck converts.
    I am sorry to see her go. I remember a time when I was really happy to see her coming my way.

Might be nice to bring my sidemount gear and go for a penetration dive down to the bunks and showers. Might be a tight squeeze in backmount.

John

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Did you run a line or do you pretty much know your way around?
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

RBW Member Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545's Avatar
    Meg/Shearwater Pathfinder

Quote Originally Posted by jkaterenchuk  View Original Post
    I am sorry to see her go. I remember a time when I was really happy to see her coming my way.

Might be nice to bring my sidemount gear and go for a penetration dive down to the bunks and showers. Might be a tight squeeze in backmount.

John
    Reflecting back I can remember quite a bit of penetration in the forward bunks. Ah yes it was definitely a tight squeeze........

Long live the MV Trident.......The end of an era and the dawn of another.

Regards,

Lance

It's Hammertime! Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski's Avatar
    Hammerhead

Megalodon, Inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by Lancer4545  View Original Post
    Reflecting back I can remember quite a bit of penetration in the forward bunks. Ah yes it was definitely a tight squeeze........

Hammerhead CCR Instructor
    Hammerhead Repair Facility
    Golem Gear Dealer
    www.silentthrill.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast