+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New 5L Counterlungs

Richie Burr diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb's Avatar
    O2ptima FX

New 5L Counterlungs

Just saw on FaceBook where a new 5L Counterlung is being offered. Wondering what the differences are, if any, other than capacity.

Richie
    Richie Burr.... Probing the Deep Blue Seas since 1966!

RBW Member luish.felice is an unknown quantity at this point luish.felice's Avatar
    DiveRite O2ptimaFX

Re: New 5L Counterlungs

Wondering the same thing

anyone?

RBW Member dreamdive is a glorious beacon of light dreamdive is a glorious beacon of light dreamdive is a glorious beacon of light dreamdive is a glorious beacon of light dreamdive is a glorious beacon of light dreamdive is a glorious beacon of light dreamdive is a glorious beacon of light dreamdive is a glorious beacon of light dreamdive is a glorious beacon of light dreamdive is a glorious beacon of light dreamdive is a glorious beacon of light dreamdive's Avatar
    Pathfinder, rEvo, Explorer

Meg, PrismII, Titan, Optima,

I heard it was developed for women or divers with smaller lung volumes. Although that concept does not make sense.

jeff addis swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver's Avatar
    Revo

Optima

From Dive Rites Blog page on their website

October 18th, 2010

New O2ptima Rebreather Counterlungs

After months of testing, we have the new O2ptima 5L (2.5L per CL) counter lung set. The 4L counterlungs were designed for experienced CCR divers and women, but weren’t enough volume for active divers. I could bottom them out on an easy swim. The 6L counterlungs worked fine, but the size of the lungs added clutter to the chest area and the retention strap down to the waist belt was a necessary annoyance.
    The best design ended up being 5L counterlungs in a longer teardrop shape-version of the 4L set with enough volume for a working diver. The bottom of the lung is secured to the shoulder strap with a Velcro loop on continuous webbing harnesses or with a bungee loop thru the quick release buckles on a TransPac or TransPlate harness. Shoulder D-rings are now easier to get to and the Offset D-rings are even easier.
    O2ptima divers wanting to upgrade, keep your current lungs, but send us the valves and we’ll put them on the new 5L counterlungs for $150. Or send us your CL set and we’ll change out the valves for you. If your O2ptima is ready for annual service, then we’ll reduce the CL upgrade to $125 (plus the $199 annual service fee).
    There are pictures of Jared and I diving the new lungs the Dive Rite Facebook page.
    Lamar

Posted in Dive Rite, O2ptima Rebreather | No Comments »

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Optima Dolphin

But they are now all black.

Adrian can NEVER use these.

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

jeff addis swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver's Avatar
    Revo

Optima

good point

Underwater Paparazzi sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver's Avatar
    Dive Rite Optima

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    But they are now all black.

Adrian can NEVER use these.
    Nothing I couldn't remedy with a handful of red industrial Sharpie Permanent Markers!

It's not as if I haven't done it before!!

Banned norness286 is on a distinguished road norness286 is on a distinguished road norness286's Avatar
    optima

inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by diverreb  View Original Post
    Just saw on FaceBook where a new 5L Counterlung is being offered. Wondering what the differences are, if any, other than capacity.

Richie
    says the get narrower at the bottom and use a Velcro attachment to harness rather than previous method
    also saying they are coming out with a new dsv that improves wob
    my lungs are older so now i can convince the other side of my brain i need both!
    We've got all-new 5L counterlungs (2.5 L each) that cut down on chest clutter and breathe very nice, especially for the working diver.

A new DSV has just completed testing and has dramatically improved WOB on the unit!

A CCR-exclusive wing keeps hoses hidden, yet is a streamlined donut that provides the right buoyancy and trim for CCR divers.

Banned norness286 is on a distinguished road norness286 is on a distinguished road norness286's Avatar
    optima

inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by dreamdive  View Original Post
    I heard it was developed for women or divers with smaller lung volumes. Although that concept does not make sense.
    no these are larger than those

RBW Member dreamdive is a glorious beacon of light dreamdive is a glorious beacon of light dreamdive is a glorious beacon of light dreamdive is a glorious beacon of light dreamdive is a glorious beacon of light dreamdive is a glorious beacon of light dreamdive is a glorious beacon of light dreamdive is a glorious beacon of light dreamdive is a glorious beacon of light dreamdive is a glorious beacon of light dreamdive is a glorious beacon of light dreamdive's Avatar
    Pathfinder, rEvo, Explorer

Meg, PrismII, Titan, Optima,

Quote Originally Posted by norness286  View Original Post
    no these are larger than those

Right!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast