+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Eurotech 2010

Randy Thornton Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict's Avatar
    Hammerhead Sentinel Evolution

Optima Inspiration Prism 2

Re: Eurotech 2010

Another great day of presentations at Eurotek 2009!

Started off with a very interesting presentation by Barry McGill & Ian Lawler entitled “Misadventure, Minefields and U-boats – the deep wreck of Donegal.” I’m very jealous that they have some many incredible targets just off their backyards!

Carl Douglas gave a presentation called “Baltic Ghost Ships – Shipwreck Discoveries in the Baltic Sea”. This was absolutely one of the highlights of the weekend for me. Incredible photography and video of shipwrecks in the Baltic. Amazing viz, ships from the 1600s to modern, and some of the most spectacular images I have every seen. The wrecks are in pristine condition. I really want to visit this place!

Tomaz Stachura gave a cool` presentation on “Graf Zeppelin, Nazi Aircraft Carrier, expedition 2009” Another amazing dive in the Baltic Sea! Looks like I am going to have to book a trip there soon!

Watched a half hour film by Edoardo Pavia on a recent expedition to Truk Lagoon. Shot in Hi Def video, the videography was very impressive!

Phil Short presented, “Cave Diving Adventures – one man’s worldwide cave diving exploits”. Once again, Phil convinced us that he is certifiable! Even though I have heard the story before, his tale about being trapped underwater in Swindon’s hole, is enough to raise your blood pressure!

Agnes Milowka regaled us with tales of “Cave Diving Down Under – a Look at Cave Diving in Australia” Amazing that such a skinny young girl has added so much new line in so many locations around the world! Very entertaining!

We had a formal dinner last night with black tie and the whole bit! Good food and an entertaining time. The Brits really know how to put on a good show. Well organized, and top notch presentations. Mostly Europeans, but there were also people from OZ, USA, South America, Russia, Eastern Europe, etc. etc. As I mentioned earlier, the biggest challenge was just trying to decide which presentations to attend, as they had multiple ones going at the same time!

Definitely worth the trip over!

Regards,
    Randy

rEvo CCR Driver silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba's Avatar
    JJ-CCR, rEvo

Talking Re: Eurotech 2010

This was my first Eurotek, I attended to represent Shearwater Reasearch Inc, and display our line of dive computers.

This was the second Eurotek Conference to be held so far and will take place every other year and was located at the International Convention Centre in the heart of Birmingham, England. Leigh Bishop and his team did a great job of planning, organizing and delivering this event for all to enjoy.

My trip to the show from Seattle was long but very much worth it. This event is not large like a DEMA or BTS, it is made up of a much smaller group that represents the technical side of our industry, people and equipment.

Eurotek is a conference that had very high quality seminars with speakers from all over the world and the display of tecnical diving equipment by manufacturers. There were no less than 4 different seminars taking place every hour all day long with topics that addressed: Cave Diving, Equipment, General Interest, Imaging, Physiology, Rebreathers, Safety, Technology and Wreck Diving.

I did not have much of a chance to attend the seminars but only heard rave reviews of the ones that took place. The facility and meeting rooms were first class and all that attendent had a large varity of topics to pick from.

Between the seminars, people were able to visit with the many representatives of the technical equipment diving community; rebreathers, scooters, dive computers, lighting systems, dry suits and other support equipment were all present.

If you ever get a chance to attend this event in the future, it is well worth it, the next one will take place in 2012.

Here are a couple of pictures of just some of the attendees:

The KISS Team with the new "GEM" SCR, Team rEvo, Narked at 90 Ltd, Dive X Scooters displayed by Deep Ideas and some really neat old hardware.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by silentscuba; 17th October 2010 at 19:41.

ZeroEmissions Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad's Avatar
    Sentinel/Boris/Evo/Liberty

HomeBuild, AP Classic, Path

Quote Originally Posted by Mixaddict  View Original Post
    Just finished attending the first day's sessions. The biggest problem was trying to decide which of the many sessions to attend. As they run 4 concurrent sessions each time slot, it made for some difficult choices!
    Randy
    Quote 100%.
    It was a pleasure to meet you Randy.
    It wasn't really easy to choose where to go, many interesting presentations.
    A lot of guys from all over the World.
    Leigh Bishop, Roz and rest of the band did a really great job putting everything together. Leigh himself is a real Showmen.

VR Technology presented the new Optocon System for the Sentinel which will use a Wireless system for PO2, HP and TPM. Fantastic!
    They also presented the new NHeO3 dive computer which will replace the VR3. The computer will come full optional (Trimix, CC and one O2 sensor activated). Readings of PO2, PClinks, etc are wireless. Very good price also.

Jetsam had the KISS Explorer and also presented the new GEM, their recreational rebreather, very interesting. Really simple (following their rules).

Tom Mount was present for presentations and at the new IANTD UK stand.

Shearwater with their products, interesting HUD design.

Narked at 90, with JJCCR and their products. Unfortunately I've never been able to talk with one of them because of the crowded stand!

Fourth Element was also present with some of their product and news that will see the light in few months.

Bonnex DPV, impressive, so small, so low the weight.

And many others...

Unfortunately I left at noon and I didn't have the possibility to follow a couple of good presentations.

Nad

Randy Thornton Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict's Avatar
    Hammerhead Sentinel Evolution

Optima Inspiration Prism 2

Quote Originally Posted by Nad  View Original Post
    Quote 100%.
    It was a pleasure to meet you Randy.

Nad
    Likewise Nad,

Also a pleasure to meet you!

Regards,
    Randy

Brent - Narked at 90
    divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld's Avatar
    Deep Pursuit or a Camelion

and 11 others inc. a UT-240

Quote Originally Posted by Nad  View Original Post
    Narked at 90, with JJCCR and their products. Unfortunately I've never been able to talk with one of them because of the crowded stand!
    I'm as disapointed as you are, I would have been absolutely delighted to have had a chat.
    Next time just give me a tap on the shoulder and we'll slip off for a coffee.

Brent
    Copying skips understanding. Understanding is how you grow. You have to understand why something works or why something is how it is. When you copy it, you miss that. WWW.NARKEDAT90.COM
    www.puwer.co.uk PUWER and Machinery CE Marking www.ce-eu.com

ZeroEmissions Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad's Avatar
    Sentinel/Boris/Evo/Liberty

HomeBuild, AP Classic, Path

Quote Originally Posted by divetheworld  View Original Post
    I'm as disapointed as you are, I would have been absolutely delighted to have had a chat.
    Next time just give me a tap on the shoulder and we'll slip off for a coffee.

Brent

Sure, you don't have to be disappointed, that's mean your products are very interesting.

See you next time.

Nad

It's Hammertime! Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski's Avatar
    Hammerhead

Megalodon, Inspiration

Incredible event with some of the greatest people around. Hats off to those who travelled from outside of the UK to visit the event. It was nice to meet you all!

Curt, have you got the pictures from our table at the Gala?
    Hammerhead CCR Instructor
    Hammerhead Repair Facility
    Golem Gear Dealer
    www.silentthrill.com

Phil Siswick, Tango PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

APD Inspiration, Evolution

An excellent event - well done Leigh and Roz. My wife and I went for both days this time (only did Sunday in 2008) and it was well worth it.

Some stunning and thought provoking presentations and a great atmosphere. Simon Mitchell was brilliant, as ever, and worth the trip on his own. Other talks that particularly struck me were the Ghost Ships, Don Shirley on Boesmansgat, Martin Farr and the Ojamo mine.

At the closing session, Leigh asked the group whether we'd be there in 2012. Mayte and I certainly will be

Cheers,

Phil

RBW Key Holder
    Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Pawel Szopinski  View Original Post
    Incredible event with some of the greatest people around. Hats off to those who travelled from outside of the UK to visit the event. It was nice to meet you all!

Curt, have you got the pictures from our table at the Gala?
    I have not, are they something special?

It's Hammertime! Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski is a name known to all Pawel Szopinski's Avatar
    Hammerhead

Megalodon, Inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Bowen  View Original Post
    I have not, are they something special?
    Wrong Curt. It was a question to Curt from Silent Scuba.
    Hammerhead CCR Instructor
    Hammerhead Repair Facility
    Golem Gear Dealer
    www.silentthrill.com