+ Reply to Thread

Thread: (Commercial) Live Aboard Bahamas Trip From Miami in May

Moderator ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami's Avatar

(Commercial) Live Aboard Bahamas Trip From Miami in May

Bahamas live aboard trip on May 27-30. Departure from Pompano Beach, Florida, USA (about 45 minutes from Miami). http://www.oceanexplorerinc.com/.

The boat has O2 clean service compressors, carries O2 and Helium, and only takes 8 divers. No problems with doubles, rebreathers, scooters or tech diving. I have been on this boat several times, though it has been a few years, and it is top notch.

We board the evening of May 26 to make an early start on the morning of the 27th. $350 per day (US). Helium might be a little extra. The trip is open to both open circuit and rebreather divers.

So far, the destination is someplace in the Bahamas. If we fill the boat, I am hoping to make it an Andros Island trip.

Anyone interested, please PM me for information on how to sign up.

I will not personally profit from the trip though I do act as a moderator for the group that is running the trip. I just want a rebreather dive buddy or two on the trip; that's all I am looking for.

SDM

I do all my own stunts shell-back is just really nice shell-back is just really nice shell-back is just really nice shell-back is just really nice shell-back is just really nice shell-back is just really nice shell-back is just really nice shell-back is just really nice shell-back is just really nice shell-back is just really nice shell-back's Avatar

Re: (Commercial) Live Aboard Bahamas Trip From Miami in May

Oh, what fun you will have with Capt Teddy:D

Great boat, for sure and well set up for all.

Moderator ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami's Avatar

Just to clear up confusion about a few things: We board on the evening of May 26. However, there is no charge for that day. This way, those that are coming in from out of town do not have to pay for an overnight stay in a hotel prior to departure. We then leave sometime that night after midnight to cross the Gulf Stream.

Second, for rebreather divers, I pretty much have it worked out so that there will not be an additional charge for the Helium for your rebreather tanks for the dives.

There are still three spots open for this trip. I just got my scooter serviced, my bailout regs are getting done now, and my video housing should be back anytime now.

Any other takers? :)

Only two spots left. To fill the last two spots, price will be $1,200 per person for the trip plus crew tip and Bahamas Departure Tax. However, at this price, Helium and Oxygen would be extra since $1,200 is cost on the trip.

Trip Report: Live Aboard Bahamas Trip From Florida

Well, I am back safe and sound from my Bahamas live aboard trip. This was my first change to really give my Optima a good shake down run.

I had only two equipment related issues during the four days of diving. First, I had to replace an o-ring on the oxygen premix injection rod when changing the scrubber cartridge. Second, an O2 sensor died just before I entered the water for a dive. Regarding the second issue, I lost about 30 minutes changing out the sensor while the rest of the group was on a dive. I made up for it by coming out of the water after most of the open circuit guys were back on the boat. So, you might call it a blessing in disguise.

My intention was to do many dives so that I could refine my skills. However, I am going to have to be open about this, saying that I still do not feel like I am ready to go onto the next level. My buoyancy during free ascents is still not nearly where I want it to be though I am fine on the bottom. Until I can hover at a deco stop, remaining within two feet of my target, I do not think that I will be in the right shape to start doing technical mix dives. I am deeply disappointed that I still have not attained a sufficient level of proficiency.

Nonetheless, my skills issues do not take away from the great time I had and the amazing dives I did. Conditions were about as perfect as they come: Viz was often well over 100 feet. Other than current on some of the dives, this was about as good as it gets.

So, I will continue to work on my buoyancy during ascent, watching the rest of you down on the bottom. I am still glad I made the switch, and I am still confident that I will figure out the key that will make this last element fall into place. :)

+ Reply to Thread