+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Ray Scrubber question

Born Again Diver! Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w's Avatar
    Kiss, JJ

Ray, APOC, rEvo

Re: Ray Scrubber question

That could work with good glue. I offered up some perspex tube I got to make a repackable EAC, and it isn't very secure on the Ray head and base. Maybe a mm too big. New Orings would probably improve things.
    Dave

RBW Member cjs_777 is an unknown quantity at this point cjs_777's Avatar
    Drager Ray

Please keep us updated- it looks promising!

Chris

RBW Member caver99 is a jewel in the rough caver99 is a jewel in the rough caver99 is a jewel in the rough caver99 is a jewel in the rough caver99 is a jewel in the rough caver99 is a jewel in the rough caver99 is a jewel in the rough caver99 is a jewel in the rough caver99's Avatar
    eStroke

Quote Originally Posted by cjs_777  View Original Post
    Any update(s)?

Does anyone have a photo and/or review of the TecMe scrubber yet?

Chris
    will come end of week..hopefully...

RBW Member pegcjs will become famous soon enough pegcjs will become famous soon enough pegcjs will become famous soon enough pegcjs's Avatar
    Drager Ray

Homebuild deathtrap

My homebuild version is shaping up. Here is the tube with rings glued on at each end. Inner extension made ising 32mm ID pvc pipe from plumbing supplier and a small bit of 32mm OD tube polished down to 31.6mm at the very end.
    uploadfromtaptalk1361467822942.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

RBW Member pegcjs will become famous soon enough pegcjs will become famous soon enough pegcjs will become famous soon enough pegcjs's Avatar
    Drager Ray

Homebuild deathtrap

Just got back from a trip to egypt and seen the pics of the extended scrubber on Martins website - looks nice. Sadly my RB diving in egypt was truncated by a flood on my electronics - easy to fix in uk, impossible on a liveaboard in the red sea

I did however manage to get some more datapoints on the how long does the scrubber last question. I did two consecutive dives (to 25m) on one scrubber fill for a total of 125 minutes underwater and about 10 minutes of surface breathing - no noticeable symptoms. After the second dive I opened the canister and found that the bottom was getting a nice pretty purple colour. Careful excavation with a spoon showed that this only extended 5cm up the column and that the rest of the sorb was still white. I know the colour change isn't a totally reliable indicator but it helps confirm perhaps ?

Matt Matt_Camp is an unknown quantity at this point Matt_Camp's Avatar
    Drager Ray mCCR, Inspiration

Just to confirm Chris, was that on the original scrubber in CCR operation?

If so that is a good result! What was the water temperature?

Drager Ray

Homebuild deathtrap

Hi Matt
    This was full CCR with setpoint 1.2bar. Water was a balmy 22C. Standard scrubber cartridge using spherasorb.

I think that this should translate to the long scrubber being good for at least 200 minutes under similar conditions.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

RBW Member Mike_Eitel is an unknown quantity at this point Mike_Eitel's Avatar
    MeCCRxWi

MeRAY, MeTravox,MeCCRV"x,Inspi

I did > 50 dives in red sea

Nitrox 32 ca 7 l/min.. 2x O2 meter .. normal Ray scruber.

Spherasorb.

Always 2 dives, ca 60 to 75 min.

Never any CO2 problem.

But always 2 l carbon stage for doubths

Mike

Matt Matt_Camp is an unknown quantity at this point Matt_Camp's Avatar
    Drager Ray mCCR, Inspiration

I've got my extended scrubber set from Martin at TecMe and it looks great. It is very sturdy and the original end caps fit well.

I will post some photos when I get chance. I think I will make a neoprene cover for it to reduce heat loss though as the bottom section is 'exposed'.

Drager Ray

Homebuild deathtrap

Cool, love to see what the new toy looks like on the unit. I'll be ordering mine asap.
    Am thinking seriously of adding scrubber thermal monitoring (a la tempstick) to my unit after some nail biting deco stops recently.

chris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast