+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 1st dives on new RB

EBT called me stroppy! Jordan will become famous soon enough Jordan will become famous soon enough Jordan will become famous soon enough Jordan's Avatar

1st dives on new RB

I am happy to report that I put 267 minutes on my new O2ptima this past weekend. I sidemounted an AL 80 bailout on all dives, keeping it in the slipstream with the Dive Rite buttplate and the new BC2720-15 sidemount bungee strap (This is a 15 strap with a quick link on one end and a medium bolt snap on the other. The quick link end connects to the mid-upper hole of a BP, or in my case the middle 1 d-ring of my Transpac and the bolt snap comes around and clips to your shoulder d-ring on your harness).

Saturday: Our first advanced cavern dive was at Peacock I. Good thing I have that #0 philips screwdriver in my kit because it was necessary to fight off all of the curious onlookers bugging me during my pre-dive checks. After the dive, we said good-bye to the mess of people at Peacock and went to the Country store for a sandwich. Dive 2 was to be at Cow. It took a while for us to get into the water because my two dive buddies had to fuss with equipment: Tegg had to fill his OC tanks and Caver95 had to open up his meg to let his sensors dry out. We encountered ideal conditions on this dive: blue water, very low flow and at least 80 to 90 feet of visibility. After our quick little advanced cavern penetration we enjoyed a cold 6-pack of beer. BTW, next time, well get more (6 just aint enough for 3 people). During our post-dive deco juice, I opened up the head on my Optima and showed my buddies my sensors that were nice and dry. Caver95 was jealous - his were wet after one dive and mine had not a drip after 2! We then went on to Bill Rennakers to hear stories and to get topped off for the next day. Later on, after rinsing out our counterlungs and eating dinner we headed up to Phish Heads to check out some local redneck girls. Our bartender messed up our tabs so she decided to just give us JagerBombs to make up the difference all right! We were then informed that if we take our receipts from Phish Heads over to Club Rodeo, that they would give us our first drink for free. I of course asked the person next to me if I could have his receipt too so we headed up to Club Rodeo with 3 receipts in hand! On the way, I told Caver95 how they sometimes have a horse there. He didnt believe me and just laughed at me. Sure as shit, when we pulled up, there was a horse right at the front door. We went on in (being careful not to step on the piles laying around) and helped ourselves to 2 more free JagerBombs. After an armwrestling match and then a deathclaw match with some old guy, I was getting pretty bored. BUT THEN they brought the horse inside the bar! A girl started being hoochy on top of that horse and we had a good laugh funny stuff!

Sunday: It took a while to get Caver95 off my couch, but it finally did happen around noon. We set up our breathers and got on the road headed for Madison Blue. We were blessed by OFG-1s presence, who looked pretty good in his sidemount rig BTW. We did a nice little 95 minute dive. I finally got to see Martz Sink from below. Very nice conditions currently at Madison, very nice.

Everything has felt great on the unit thus far. Its all going a little too easily for me, it seems. I feel like Im ready to swim to the Hienkle, but I know Im not anyways near there yet. I definitely need more experience with the handsets/deco/rebreathermindset in general/ and experience experience experience before Im ready for serious cave diving

Heres to safe and bubble-less dives

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

Re: 1st dives on new RB

Sounds like a good weekend.

Evo Driver - no standing! fr0sty8 is an unknown quantity at this point fr0sty8's Avatar

Touche'

RBW Member caver95 will become famous soon enough caver95 will become famous soon enough caver95 will become famous soon enough caver95's Avatar

waiting on me, i think not. That horse was the damnedest thing i have seen in a long time. Jordan didnt want to "pony up" the extra money to get to see the other show with the horse in the back room. and i think i had food poisoning from your cooking.

Bloody Rebreathers! Jason Blackwell is a jewel in the rough Jason Blackwell is a jewel in the rough Jason Blackwell is a jewel in the rough Jason Blackwell is a jewel in the rough Jason Blackwell is a jewel in the rough Jason Blackwell is a jewel in the rough Jason Blackwell is a jewel in the rough Jason Blackwell's Avatar
    O2ptima, Sentinel, Prism 2

Inspiration & KISS & Poseidon

Hi Jordan, (or should that be Hey Jordan????)

Sound like you had a big weekend. Im glad the unit is performing up to your expectations.

I didnt get to experience Club Rodeo when I was there, but Phish Heads really was unique for this boy from Down Under. And it obviously still is a local hang out for DiveRite staff (along with Road Kill)

Sounds like I might have to come back for another trip!

Cheers Jason

PS as you implied DONT GET COMPLACENT with the unit, but please continue to enjoy it!;)

Meg dealer / IT MikeNetto will become famous soon enough MikeNetto will become famous soon enough MikeNetto will become famous soon enough MikeNetto's Avatar
    Meg, Pathfinder, Sentinel, MK6

Optima and Inspiration

Hey Jordan,

Good to hear you are doing great dives with your O2ptima.
    Bring your unit when you come down to Mexico again and I'll show you some nice caves or maybe we can do a trip to Brazil if they open up the caves down there.
    Cheers,

Mike - www.protecdiving.com

EBT called me stroppy! Jordan will become famous soon enough Jordan will become famous soon enough Jordan will become famous soon enough Jordan's Avatar

Hi kids,

Did another great dive tonight playing around at Devil's. Getting real comfy. My buddy told me I was already less silty than Lamar! Haha (although it may be true as Lamar oftentimes doesn't care if he kicks up silt with his whirlwind. He treats diving like exercise).
    It was the first time I re-used a cartridge (I had put 95 mins on it Sunday at Madison). Other than that, nothing worth noting, except that our third diver couldn't do the dive because his DUI was leaking from 2 different spots. Just a lazy day at Ginnie. Fortunately no snakes and unfortunately no skantily-dressed women to report.

Looking forward to some diving Mike. Cheers all!

It's come to my attention that some people think I just grabbed a unit a took it diving. That's not the case. I took the week long course on a borrowed unit and then borrowed Lamar's unit afterwards for a couple of weeks before I decided to go ahead and buy my own. In other words, the dives on this thread are my first dives on MY new, personal RB, not my first RB dives

RBW Member caver95 will become famous soon enough caver95 will become famous soon enough caver95 will become famous soon enough caver95's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan
    It's come to my attention that some people think I just grabbed a unit a took it diving. That's not the case. I took the week long course on a borrowed unit and then borrowed Lamar's unit afterwards for a couple of weeks before I decided to go ahead and buy my own. In other words, the dives on this thread are my first dives on MY new, personal RB, not my first RB dives
    I didnt know you took a class

Quote Originally Posted by caver95
    I didnt know you took a class
    What dive buddies I have. They're always trying to help

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast