+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ngr Lar V

RBW Member bad_karma will become famous soon enough bad_karma will become famous soon enough bad_karma will become famous soon enough bad_karma's Avatar
    Next Generation Rebreather!

Dolphin, LAR V, OMG C96

Ngr Lar V

Thought I'd start a new thread, especially for LAR V clones, using the Next Generation Rebreather platform.

I wasn't sure at first if the NGR platform would even fit the LAR V shell, but I decided I'd bite the bullet and find out... Scott tested whether the EAC would fit the shell, and I tested "the Bag" and RGMag's Ray lid to see how they'd fit.

Scott has been great helping me out with dimensions, pictures, and new ideas. Without his help I would have had a much harder time getting this together.

The LAR shell doesn't leave a lot of room inside for, well, anything. And the Ray (or in this case, Dolphin) bypass takes up a lot of room.

The bag has to bend around the Bypass to fit, but it works.

I'm still only in the mockup phase: The finished project will have a reproduction shell made by RGMag, rather than an original shell, and I'll use a Ray bypass rather than the Dolphin. Also, this build HAS NO SCRUBBER YET, which means I may have more complications fitting the EAC with the bag in there. But it looks like it will work.

Should end up looking something like this:

You can see more in my RBW Gallery:
    RebreatherWorld Gallery - bad_karma Gallery - Powered by PhotoPost

Be safe, and remember: Kids, don't try this at home!
    Last edited by bad_karma; 27th August 2010 at 22:49. Reason: added linky

Krisz Angyal LoopBrother is an unknown quantity at this point LoopBrother's Avatar
    MK15x,LARVI

Inspiration,Optima,Drägers,IDA

Re: Ngr Lar V

Hmmm you be really a "Bad Guy" but i thing your Karma will be very good ;)

cool, thanks for sharing ,Ideas and Infos, nice Idea !!!!

Save Diving !
    Cheers Krisz

LAR Addict RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag's Avatar
    LAR VI FGT LAR VI Clone

OMG MK4 CDV and MK4 CSC

Looking good Dan! Nice to see another design!

Closed Account anton610 is an unknown quantity at this point anton610's Avatar

Looks good!

Best regards anton

RBW Member leraph is an unknown quantity at this point leraph's Avatar
    ida71

C 96

Really nice job...
    It's good it give me some Idea.

Raf

Diving SIL Technology Thom Susko is a jewel in the rough Thom Susko is a jewel in the rough Thom Susko is a jewel in the rough Thom Susko is a jewel in the rough Thom Susko is a jewel in the rough Thom Susko is a jewel in the rough Thom Susko is a jewel in the rough Thom Susko is a jewel in the rough Thom Susko's Avatar
    Next Generation Rebreather

IDA-71, Ray, LarV, Meg, C96

Nice work! Thanks for posting.

Thom

RBW Member bad_karma will become famous soon enough bad_karma will become famous soon enough bad_karma will become famous soon enough bad_karma's Avatar
    Next Generation Rebreather!

Dolphin, LAR V, OMG C96

Talking Re: Ngr Lar V

NGR LAR V: now 95% complete!
    Attached Images

LAR Addict RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag's Avatar
    LAR VI FGT LAR VI Clone

OMG MK4 CDV and MK4 CSC

Looks realy nice! Did you test the first stage already? They suffer creeping IP quite often and if they do so are almost impossible to fix without service parts (service parts are impossible to find, at least over here).

I know that tecme made a g3/4 stem for the ds4 already, to fit it to an LAR

Closed Account anton610 is an unknown quantity at this point anton610's Avatar

NIce!!!

Ossi gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi's Avatar
    eCCR Hybrid Homebuild

pSCR RO80 Homebuild, LightMCCR

Looks great. Well done and thanks for sharing.
    Best Ossi Italy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast