+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Build a PO2 Monitor / Setpoint Controller For a Homebuild mCCR

RBW Member Rebreathing Red is on a distinguished road Rebreathing Red is on a distinguished road Rebreathing Red's Avatar
    home built mCCR

TR300

Re: Let's Build a PO2 Monitor / Setpoint Controller For a Homebuild mCCR

Hey Darlene, I'll help you with anything you need.. just let me know what you need.
    However I think you should look at using a better chip as the one you selected is well.... a bit limited...
    For my controller project I used BSX-24p
    BasicX by NetMedia Inc.

However since then I've found the ZX-24 which I'm liking a lot more
    ZX-24p Microcontroller

both of them have good, simple IDE's. Also they both do floating point math and have built in 10-bit ADC's

Just a suggestion

hell is in the details Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T's Avatar
    JOKI/rEVO/HOME MADE

EDO04 Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Scuba_Vixen  View Original Post

It will monitor and base O2 control on 3 cells averaged

It's the divers responsibility to operate in manual mode whenever the master computer (the one between his / her ears) isn't willing to trust all 3 cells

If there's a KISS principle for eCCR, that's it.

Darlene
    I really love these two simple rules so I vote for the Darlene's Kiss as a name for this great but simple( but wait... not so simple !!) project.
    Just need a Hud or any device to say ( shoot ) take care the average and the extreme value become critical, turn into mCCR suggested.

Well done Darlene

Darlene Starr - DIY Diva Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rebreathing Red  View Original Post
    Hey Darlene, I'll help you with anything you need.. just let me know what you need.
    However I think you should look at using a better chip as the one you selected is well.... a bit limited...
    For my controller project I used BSX-24p
    BasicX by NetMedia Inc.

However since then I've found the ZX-24 which I'm liking a lot more
    ZX-24p Microcontroller

both of them have good, simple IDE's. Also they both do floating point math and have built in 10-bit ADC's

Just a suggestion

There's a shitload of controllers out there, many with more features than the Stamp. But this project is more about what's involved in the whole process of creating an electronics package and controller and and developing a hardware plan that integrates well with your particular needs, than it is with just the MCU aspect.

The Stamp gets the job done, and it's about the easiest to present and for non-geeks to understand. Some of the work arounds for the Stamp's shortcomings turn out to be more blessing than curse.

Using a 12 bit ADC instead of 10 bit has some real advantages as well, in that with a 4.096 volt reference, it represents 1 mV per count. Looking at it another way, with a 10mV cell, and an op amp gain programmed at 21, the ADC output will be 210 counts indicating 210 mV. The important concept here is that the ADC output can be directly read as PO2 (to a tenth of a percent resolution) without any software conversion. All calibration is done in hardware which takes less MCU resources and allows the use of simple voltmeter modules for the seconday display.

Once I get a unit running and present more circuit details with pics and such, I think everything will become more clear.

Darlene
    Last edited by Scuba_Vixen; 21st June 2010 at 23:39.

RBW Member Rebreathing Red is on a distinguished road Rebreathing Red is on a distinguished road Rebreathing Red's Avatar
    home built mCCR

TR300

Hey Darlene, it's just a suggestion from lessons learned... it is your project....

RBW Member moribund is a glorious beacon of light moribund is a glorious beacon of light moribund is a glorious beacon of light moribund is a glorious beacon of light moribund is a glorious beacon of light moribund is a glorious beacon of light moribund is a glorious beacon of light moribund is a glorious beacon of light moribund is a glorious beacon of light moribund is a glorious beacon of light moribund is a glorious beacon of light moribund's Avatar
    Oxygen Rebreather

RG/U-FM mCCR

Quote Originally Posted by Scuba_Vixen  View Original Post
    There's a shitload of controllers out there, many with more features than the Stamp. But this project is more about what's involved in the whole process of creating an electronics package and controller and and developing a hardware plan that integrates well with your particular needs, than it is with just the MCU aspect.
    Darlene
    I could not agree more with your approach as I am a proponent of incremental design, which is what this is. It goes along with the old saw that the journey is more important than the destination.

The beauty of an incremental design is that when you finally get to a point of satisfaction, you have a wealth of deep learning about the problem stored up and that makes the final design all the better.

RBW Member Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy's Avatar
    GAF mccr,rEvoII

Dolphin,Pelagian

Quote Originally Posted by moribund  View Original Post
    I could not agree more with your approach as I am a proponent of incremental design, which is what this is. It goes along with the old saw that the journey is more important than the destination.

The beauty of an incremental design is that when you finally get to a point of satisfaction, you have a wealth of deep learning about the problem stored up and that makes the final design all the better.
    WELL SAID

Darlene Starr - DIY Diva Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by moribund  View Original Post

Been playing with the code for the last 7 hours or so from an older project that I did some hacks on the analog processing board to to see if it'll make a good base for this project, and I'm quite encouraged.

I'm also running on the processor board from the same project with a few hacks, all of which and then some are on the processor board specifically for this project. I'll try to get the new processor / I/O board running tomorrow, since I believe I have enough parts on hand to build it out.

The nice thing about having the processor and I/O functions on a seperate board, is that it allows for a processor change really easily. Only that board to redesign to accommodate the different pin-out of the new processor. All the other hardware can stay the same, it doesn't care what kind of MCU you have.

I'll post a pic of the Primary Handset / display pod tomorrow, so you can get an idea of how the display is laid out.

Darlene

RBW Member Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy is a glorious beacon of light Chris Kennedy's Avatar
    GAF mccr,rEvoII

Dolphin,Pelagian

Your de girl

Here's the pic of the handset with the display as it's currently programmed:

Darlene
    Attached Images

RBW Member Snusmumrik will become famous soon enough Snusmumrik will become famous soon enough Snusmumrik will become famous soon enough Snusmumrik's Avatar
    IDA-71(KISS Mod)

IDA-59 O2 Mod & KISS, IDA-72

Great work, Darlene!!!
    Nice looking thing ;)
    Which sensors you are use as depth sensor and as buttons?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast