+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 5 star dive on Addis Charter

RBW Member Down4fun is a name known to all Down4fun is a name known to all Down4fun is a name known to all Down4fun is a name known to all Down4fun is a name known to all Down4fun is a name known to all Down4fun is a name known to all Down4fun is a name known to all Down4fun is a name known to all Down4fun is a name known to all Down4fun is a name known to all Down4fun's Avatar
    rEvo

5 star dive on Addis Charter

I just have to say i have no idea why all the complaining about Captain Addis and Addis Charter's. I personally dove with Capt Addis and Tony today and had a 5 star experience. We arrived at 8am and were served Cappuccinos and croissants while the deck boy loaded my gear. The sun was out and it was a beautiful cruise down the Boca canals and out the inlet. The seas were 2 or less, not a cloud in the sky. Before hooking the wreck refreshments were offered to ensure we were hydrated. It was a pleasant trip out to the Hydro. There the captain flawlessly hooked the wreck on the third try, I'm sure it was the deck help that caused the first two misses. Once on the line we descended into a invigorating 67F on the deck. I could hear the cheers from Captain Addis as the refreshing water bathed us. The plan was to go straight to the engine room and model for the resident shutterbug in the group. Apparently the Capt and I lacked formal training and received a reprimand from the photographer for not holding the slave strobes in the right direction. At about 24 minutes the shutterbug threw his hands up in disgust and left us on the wreck. He claimed to be cold, I think he was just done with our amateur modeling skills. I mean it was only 65F in the engine room and I hardly noticed in my 7mm full with 7mm hooded vest. The Capt and i stuck it out for a 30 minute run time. The viz on the deck was amazing for the Hydro. And there were lots of large life hanging out. Alas it was time to go, so we pulled the hook and began our deco. It was nice of the capt to arrange for the water to be warmer for our hang. At 20 feet it seemed to be a comfortable 78F. The boat was rigged with lines to clip off any bottles we didn't want to reboard with. And once on deck preheated towels were provided. We dried off, enjoying the sun, fresh fruit and juice being served as we motored back in to the dock listening to the heroic stories of Capt Addis' adventures. Back at the dock, servants rinsed the gear and loaded into the jeep for the trip home. What more could anyone ask for?
    Last edited by Down4fun; 3rd June 2010 at 22:14.

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Re: 5 star dive on Addis Charter

?????????????????????

Did you hit your head?

?????????????????????
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

Monkey Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts's Avatar
    KISS

Optima, Megalodon, KISS, rEvo

Some of my failed lighting photos from today - the hydro engine room:

RBW Member MICHAL will become famous soon enough MICHAL will become famous soon enough MICHAL will become famous soon enough MICHAL's Avatar
    rEvomicronaut:)&OCsidemounther

Great shots. Thanks for sharing.
    Regards Michal

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Not bad for failed lighting.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

Monkey Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts's Avatar
    KISS

Optima, Megalodon, KISS, rEvo

If you look in Kim's hand, she is holding a small red strobe... one which didn't fire correctly in any of those shots.

Jeff also had one, which did fire. Unfortunately it was pointed directly at the camera each time. Although neither one of them knew where I was in that dark engine room so they didn't know in what direction to point.

jeff addis swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver's Avatar
    Revo

Optima

Quote Originally Posted by Tienuts  View Original Post
    If you look in Kim's hand, she is holding a small red strobe... one which didn't fire correctly in any of those shots.

Jeff also had one, which did fire. Unfortunately it was pointed directly at the camera each time. Although neither one of them knew where I was in that dark engine room so they didn't know in what direction to point.

Bullshit, blame others for poor results, huh?

+ Reply to Thread