+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Laguna Research CCR Controler Intro Video

New Member LagunaResearch will become famous soon enough LagunaResearch will become famous soon enough LagunaResearch will become famous soon enough LagunaResearch's Avatar
    MK155

MK15, UT240, BMR500, Insp

Re: Laguna Research CCR Controler Intro Video

Hello Lee,
    The HUD in the video is new... the difference is the clear tube. We decided to go with a bored out clear tube rather than the previous version so we can prevent any pain-in-the-ass leaks with the prior design. I'll send you one this week...

Other than that - it's the same. The clear tube has a nice benefit in that it's easily visible by your bud as well!

Blinded with science... deepwrecksc has a spectacular aura about deepwrecksc has a spectacular aura about deepwrecksc has a spectacular aura about deepwrecksc has a spectacular aura about deepwrecksc has a spectacular aura about deepwrecksc has a spectacular aura about deepwrecksc's Avatar
    rEvo Micro FT

MK15.5, MK15

Quote Originally Posted by LagunaResearch  View Original Post
    Hello Lee,
    The HUD in the video is new... the difference is the clear tube. We decided to go with a bored out clear tube rather than the previous version so we can prevent any pain-in-the-ass leaks with the prior design. I'll send you one this week...

Other than that - it's the same. The clear tube has a nice benefit in that it's easily visible by your bud as well!
    Awesome! Thanks, Wayne! By the way - mounting the ILD on my BC inflator hose and wearing the UDC on my wrist as you suggested is a great solution to the "too many displays" problem.

Also - check out McMaster-Carr #6605K91, "hook and loop cable tie". These, mounted in the "wrist strap slots" on the ILD are a perfect solution for quick-release yet secure mounting to an inflator hose. I'd promised to send you that information before, but it slipped my mind.

Cheers,
    Lee

New Member LagunaResearch will become famous soon enough LagunaResearch will become famous soon enough LagunaResearch will become famous soon enough LagunaResearch's Avatar
    MK155

MK15, UT240, BMR500, Insp

Lee,
    Nice idea - post a picture please...

Blinded with science... deepwrecksc has a spectacular aura about deepwrecksc has a spectacular aura about deepwrecksc has a spectacular aura about deepwrecksc has a spectacular aura about deepwrecksc has a spectacular aura about deepwrecksc has a spectacular aura about deepwrecksc's Avatar
    rEvo Micro FT

MK15.5, MK15

Quote Originally Posted by LagunaResearch  View Original Post
    Lee,
    Nice idea - post a picture please...
    Hi Wayne. Here are two pictures of the ILD, mounted and unmounted. Also note - I replaced the stainless steel screws on the ILD with PEEK machine screws, well all except for those on the transparent faceplate. Those were so small that I couldn't find PEEK versions. I tried nylon screws also but they were way too weak and sheared easily.

Lee
    Attached Images

New Member hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca is a jewel in the rough hoppyinca's Avatar

I had my Mk15 packed in a storage shed for a year on Maui whilst I recovered from a broken leg and lack of funds and vacation to return.

When I did return not only were the batteries which I had left installed in the unit still reading between 2.7 and 2.9 volts but the calibration held! A full year later later!

The voltage is amazing, especially when considering the unit 'wakes up' every so often to check 'conditions'... a power hog this system is not.

I appreciate the modularity of the hardware, but I really enjoy the modularity of the software! Having several parameters to adjust regarding solenoid operation to maintain PO2 allows you to really 'dial-in the controller' for a given rig!

Some of the other bells and whistles I like are the ability to add both DIL and O2 electronically from either controller, awesomely small but very visible tri-color HUD, and the neoprene controller booties I got during my last upgrade!

Another very useful aspect of Laguna Research is that Wayne and Dave provide some of THE BEST customer service and general rebreather conversations I have ever come across in the dive industry.

so... I extremely satisfied with the controller, the company, and the guys behind it all!

hoppy

New Member sidis8 is an unknown quantity at this point sidis8's Avatar
    MK 15, MK 15.5

does any body know what ever happened to Laguna Research?????

Dive different. cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys has much to be proud of cys's Avatar
    MK15.5, MK15, LARV

KISS Classic

Quote Originally Posted by sidis8  View Original Post
    does any body know what ever happened to Laguna Research?????
    An update here: thread.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2