+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Becoming a supporting member

Team HPDW Paul Bailey is a jewel in the rough Paul Bailey is a jewel in the rough Paul Bailey is a jewel in the rough Paul Bailey is a jewel in the rough Paul Bailey is a jewel in the rough Paul Bailey is a jewel in the rough Paul Bailey is a jewel in the rough Paul Bailey is a jewel in the rough Paul Bailey's Avatar
    rEvo III Hybrid

JJ-CCR - KISS Classic

Becoming a supporting member

I've been toying with the idea of becoming a supporting member for over a year now but I keep getting put off the idea by a few site niggles.

1. I can only send pm's to 2 people at a time
    2. I never get reminders when a thread I have subscribed to is updated. No matter which browser I am using (IE, Firefox, Opera, Chrome, insert browser name here...
    3. I am deleted from thread subscriptions all the time for no reason
    4. I am not auto subscribed to a thread when I contribute

My question is; will all of this be rectified when I become a contributing (as in paying) member or do I have to suffer this no matter what?

I can deal with the annoyances while I am a contributing (as in verbally to threads) member but wouldn't be thrilled if I was paying for the privilege.

Thanks in advance

RBW Member nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh's Avatar

Re: Becoming a supporting member

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Bailey  View Original Post
    I've been toying with the idea of becoming a supporting member for over a year now...
    ROTFL

This is one of those big expenses you really need our advice on.

RBW Key Holder
    Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Bailey  View Original Post
    I've been toying with the idea of becoming a supporting member for over a year now but I keep getting put off the idea by a few site niggles.

1. I can only send pm's to 2 people at a time
    2. I never get reminders when a thread I have subscribed to is updated. No matter which browser I am using (IE, Firefox, Opera, Chrome, insert browser name here...
    3. I am deleted from thread subscriptions all the time for no reason
    4. I am not auto subscribed to a thread when I contribute

My question is; will all of this be rectified when I become a contributing (as in paying) member or do I have to suffer this no matter what?

I can deal with the annoyances while I am a contributing (as in verbally to threads) member but wouldn't be thrilled if I was paying for the privilege.

Thanks in advance

Maximum Stored PMs:
    RBW Member = 2000
    Supporting RBW = 5000

Maximum Recipients to Send PMs at a time:
    RBW Member = 2
    Supporting RBW = 10

Can View Detailed Location Info for Users
    RBW Member = no
    Supporting RBW = Yes

Can Email Members
    RBW Member = No
    Supporting RBW = Yes

Can Have Signature Line
    RBW Member = no
    Supporting RBW = Yes

Has Special Privileges to Sell Personal Items
    RBW Member = no
    Supporting RBW = Yes

Can post special dive charters they are holding
    RBW Member = no
    Supporting RBW = Yes

Can View Additional Private RBW Areas
    RBW Member = no
    Supporting RBW = Yes

Has a good feeling inside that they are helping to support a site that provides tons of information
    RBW Member = no
    Supporting RBW = Yes

Knows by supporting RBW their money allows RBW to grow
    RBW Member = no
    Supporting RBW = Yes

Knows that without advertisements and supporting members RBW would close
    RBW Member = Maybe
    Supporting RBW = Yes

Knows that other dive leaders are supporting members and that they have a cool title under their name
    RBW Member = Yes
    Supporting RBW = Yes, but we are cooler

Knows as a rebreather diver, $50 is the cheapest thing you will ever buy that has anything to do with a rebreather
    RBW Member = Maybe has not realized that yet
    Supporting RBW = Yes, has been around long enough to know

Sees that nigelh, (post below) is cool and has his own color, unlike the plain baby blue of this thread starter
    Paul Bailey = can see it
    nigelh = can see the plain blue, but loves the nice purple color of a supporting member

Last edited by Curt Bowen; 10th May 2010 at 17:35.

No its always that colour the diving tiler has much to be proud of the diving tiler has much to be proud of the diving tiler has much to be proud of the diving tiler has much to be proud of the diving tiler has much to be proud of the diving tiler has much to be proud of the diving tiler has much to be proud of the diving tiler has much to be proud of the diving tiler has much to be proud of the diving tiler has much to be proud of the diving tiler has much to be proud of the diving tiler's Avatar

If we get banned do we get the money back , or do we get special powers and cannot be banned, now that would be worth €40

KISS and rEvo diver Peter Piemonte is just really nice Peter Piemonte is just really nice Peter Piemonte is just really nice Peter Piemonte is just really nice Peter Piemonte is just really nice Peter Piemonte is just really nice Peter Piemonte is just really nice Peter Piemonte is just really nice Peter Piemonte is just really nice Peter Piemonte is just really nice Peter Piemonte is just really nice Peter Piemonte's Avatar
    rEvo

KISS Classic, Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Bowen  View Original Post
    Maximum Stored PMs:
    RBW Member = 2000
    Supporting RBW = 5000

RBW Member = 2
    Supporting RBW = 10

RBW Member = no
    Supporting RBW = Yes

Can Email Members
    RBW Member = No
    Supporting RBW = Yes

Can Have Signature Line
    RBW Member = no
    Supporting RBW = Yes

RBW Member = no
    Supporting RBW = Yes

RBW Member = no
    Supporting RBW = Yes

RBW Member = no
    Supporting RBW = Yes

Has a good feeling inside that they are helping to support a site that provides tons of information
    RBW Member = no
    Supporting RBW = Yes

RBW Member = no
    Supporting RBW = Yes

RBW Member = Maybe
    Supporting RBW = Yes

Knows that other dive leaders are supporting members and that they have a cool title under their name
    RBW Member = Yes

Knows as a rebreather diver, $50 is the cheapest thing you will ever buy that has anything to do with a rebreather

Sees that nigelh, (post below) is cool and has his own color, unlike the plain baby blue of this thread starter
    Paul Bailey = can see it
    nigelh = can see the plain blue, but loves the nice purple color of a supporting member

It was worth $50.00 just to read this post....Peter
    Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis

RBW Member Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen has much to be proud of Linda Bowen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the diving tiler  View Original Post
    If we get banned do we get the money back , or do we get special powers and cannot be banned, now that would be worth €40
    LOL....you are still here aren't you??

Shearwater Copis Diver Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy has a reputation beyond repute Gill Envy's Avatar
    Copis Meg and rEvo III

Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Piemonte  View Original Post
    It was worth $50.00 just to read this post....Peter
    I second that, Curt's post should be a sticky... Damn funny and compelling too, I may finally get around to bugging my wife for her pay pal account information. ;~)
    g

Gill Envy

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Great post Curt, I'm off the fence again

Paul Bailey, just do it, you know you want to.
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

Supporting Member DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill's Avatar
    HammerHead

Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Bowen  View Original Post
    Maximum Stored PMs:
    RBW Member = 2000
    Supporting RBW = 5000

RBW Member = 2
    Supporting RBW = 10

RBW Member = no
    Supporting RBW = Yes

Can Email Members
    RBW Member = No
    Supporting RBW = Yes

Can Have Signature Line
    RBW Member = no
    Supporting RBW = Yes

RBW Member = no
    Supporting RBW = Yes

RBW Member = no
    Supporting RBW = Yes

RBW Member = no
    Supporting RBW = Yes

RBW Member = no
    Supporting RBW = Yes

RBW Member = no
    Supporting RBW = Yes

RBW Member = Maybe
    Supporting RBW = Yes

RBW Member = Yes

Paul Bailey = can see it

If we become quad supporting members or higher can we vote anyone off the island AND have anti-banning privileges???

Just sayin....

Supporting Member DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill's Avatar
    HammerHead

Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by DWill  View Original Post
    If we become quad supporting members or higher can we vote anyone off the island AND have anti-banning privileges???

Just sayin....
    I even throw in a 6 year renewal on my ADM sub...