View Poll Results: Spherasorb Poll

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I use Spherasorb on a regular basis

55 50.93%
  • No, I donīt use that stuff

27 25.00%
  • I would only consider using it if nothing else is available.

19 17.59%
  • This is medical stuff, no way I would ever use it

5 4.63%
  • I have used it in the past and had a bad experience with it, so no more Spherasorb for me.

2 1.85%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Spherasorb Poll

Casual Sport Kiss Pilot RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut is a jewel in the rough RebreatherNut's Avatar
    Sport Kiss

Question Spherasorb Poll

Hi all,
    After the interesting debate about the Sodalime from Airgas (here in the US),
    I wanted to get a feel for how many of you out there (world wide) are using Spherasorb on a regular basis?

So, please answer the poll and feel free to post your thoughts, comments and experiences etc. on Spherasorb from Intersurgical.

Also, I am interested to hear if anyone ever had a bad experience with Spherasorb???

cheers,
    RBN

LAR Addict RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag's Avatar
    LAR VI FGT LAR VI Clone

OMG MK4 CDV and MK4 CSC

Re: Spherasorb Poll

I dive Spherasorb in all my unitīs and never had a problem with it. I pushed it in the ray quite hard to 140-150 minutes and never had a problem. In the LAR I used it up to 90 minutes now without any problems, no indicator change at all!

As far as I know itīs OK for warm waters, in the cold and deep waters you should not use it.

Closed Account onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime is a splendid one to behold onetime's Avatar

I've got about three or four jugs left after having run through probably ten times that many without any problem. I alternate between whatever I can find most readily at the time I need to place an order.

LEARNING CONTINUALLY rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver is a jewel in the rough rigdiver's Avatar
    Inspo Vision

Classic YBOD

I did use it with no problems. Would still use it, but I bought a pallet of Sofnolime.
    I like spherasorb quite a bit. Less dust of all the lime I've used.

Apprentice Meg Pilot kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu's Avatar
    Megalodon APECS 2.7

It's fine - it was the first sorb I ever used and also used it during my trimix course to 80m as that was what was available. Sofnolime is less expensive and more readily available where I am so I use most of the time. If one of the options was I'd use it if it was more readily available and competitively priced I'd have probably gone for that one.

French CCR cave diver JLS is an unknown quantity at this point JLS's Avatar

More than 200 dives with Sperasorb
    Basis 90 mn per kg - Max depth 90 m
    Never had any problem
    I use it in my sidemount reabreather (IDA 71 canister) and in my
    Inspiration classic

LAR Addict RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag's Avatar
    LAR VI FGT LAR VI Clone

OMG MK4 CDV and MK4 CSC

Over here spherasorb is the cheapest sorb available, maybe one point why it is used so widely in europe?

i ko nix dafüa seppu is a jewel in the rough seppu is a jewel in the rough seppu is a jewel in the rough seppu is a jewel in the rough seppu is a jewel in the rough seppu is a jewel in the rough seppu is a jewel in the rough seppu's Avatar
    sf 1,?

jj,mccr-inspi,classic,rgfüm

i use only spherasorb.
    good wob
    less dust
    good enough for 130m dives
    good enough for 120m/20min bt plus 4 celsius
    easy to clean the floor after the filling.
    cold water 4-5 hours max
    warm water 6 hours ore 2 days 4 dives a` 90 min but 40m max.
    fresh sorb for deep dives 70m+
    gruss sepp
    i dove the ybod.with the jj i have now only 20 dives on it,no expierience.

Apprentice Meg Pilot kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu is just really nice kieranu's Avatar
    Megalodon APECS 2.7

Quote Originally Posted by seppu  View Original Post
    easy to clean the floor after the filling.
    I like that - you should see my back "garden"

Markku Diedrich Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure's Avatar
    Megalodon Apeks 2.5

Classic Inspiration

I use spherasorb down to 50 meters, no problems. At the next weekend i will dive down to 90 + meters with spherasorb, will post here my experience.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast