+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: What's the Best Drysuit?

RBW Member nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh's Avatar

Re: What's the Best Drysuit?

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Bowen  View Original Post
    My Otter Brittanic is the most comfortable dry suits I have ever owned.
    Out yesterday coxing a club RIB in mine. It's just back from getting a new set of seals so they're still a bit tight but it's not only a good in-water suit but for jumping about hauling divers and kit about on a small boat surrounded by lots of cold English Channel it's the business.

I don't really like the cuffs on their undersuits but I flooded one off the Outer Hebrides and didn't really get cold so I'll put up with having to turn them back up the sleeves for that sort of performance.
    Last edited by nigelh; 15th March 2010 at 13:14. Reason: spelling - it's always the spelling that I only notice later

CCR, Tek & Cave Inst. Yannig73 is an unknown quantity at this point Yannig73's Avatar
    Megalodon

Submatix & rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by Serge  View Original Post

Thanks for the suggestion.
    You are welcome. To say a little bit more about SF Tech drysuit:

Actually in France & Switzerland, most known cave divers use SF Tech drysuit (cave water t° are about 12-13°C => 53 to 55°F). More & more people diving the lac in the Alpin mountains where the water is at about 4°C (39°F) are using SF Tech also. Méditerranée sea Deep wreck divers also use those drysuits, the water is about 14°C (57°F). The dive we do here in cave, lac & on wreck are often very deep (over 100m - 330ft) and so... Very long (more than 3 hours !)

As I was saying in my first post, they are really strong and really comfortable. But they also offer thermical protection as well. You can have the cut very near from your buddy or larger if you prefer. They are 2,5mm hyper-compressed neoprene with kevlar on every important part (shoulder, arms, front, knees) so you can really try to do anything with them, you won't scratch it easily. In France now, we use to say that they are "Bulletproof" !!! But they still stay very flexible... Almost as flexible as a trilaminate ! In all cases, as flexible as a cordura triliminate at less !

For more thermical protection, we use it with either Weezzle or Fourth Element underwear.

Frantz, the owner of SF Tech is very attentive to his customer and as he is sure of his drysuits quality, he proposes a free service on them every year ! He does standart sizes or made to mesure if it needs. You can have all the features Santi or Ursuit proposes on their drysuit like: Pocket thighs, pee valves, drygloves, rockboots,...etc.

To finish, SF Tech is a small new (about 2-3 years old) enterprise victim of its success and to get one drysuit, you'll have now to wait about 2 months to get one because more & more people in Europe want some of those revolutionnary drysuit ! Frantz has to grow up but as he wants to keep his drysuits quality, he's doing it slowly but surely.

If you get one of those, for sure you will love it ! And, you won't want to dive with another one even in hot water ! Then, the friend with who you dive will want to get one also.

Friendly ,

Yannig
    Last edited by Curt Bowen; 15th March 2010 at 14:03.

RBW Member jo_c is a jewel in the rough jo_c is a jewel in the rough jo_c is a jewel in the rough jo_c is a jewel in the rough jo_c is a jewel in the rough jo_c is a jewel in the rough jo_c is a jewel in the rough jo_c is a jewel in the rough jo_c's Avatar
    rEvo

Megalodon

Othree Ri2/100 - Fantastic suit and excellent customer service

All IMVHO obviously... Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field's Avatar
    NVMCCR Inspiration

Classic KISS, Sport KISS

Quote Originally Posted by jo_c  View Original Post
    Othree Ri2/100 - Fantastic suit and excellent customer service
    Ditto, either O'three suit- superb kit.

Supporting Member kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone's Avatar
    Classic Kiss Hammerhead

Sport Kiss Hammerhead

Quote Originally Posted by Serge  View Original Post
    Excellent. I will look them up at the BTS. Do you know how it compares to the CF200? Is it just as heavy? Or is it more lightweight like the TLS350? I like something tough, but not too bulky. Also what is the going price on those? Many thanks.
    Hi Serge
    The ones I have seen are lighter than my Bare Tri-Lam.
    I seem to remember that they were under 2K and they had a guy measuring and giving discounts at BTS last year.
    Last edited by kevin stone; 16th March 2010 at 00:48.

Train Wrecked Canadian Tekdive has a spectacular aura about Canadian Tekdive has a spectacular aura about Canadian Tekdive has a spectacular aura about Canadian Tekdive has a spectacular aura about Canadian Tekdive has a spectacular aura about Canadian Tekdive has a spectacular aura about Canadian Tekdive's Avatar
    rEvo hccr

KISS CLASSIC

Hey if your sticking with DUI and you want lighter then CF200.. and more durable then the TLS350 then you might want to check out the CLX450.. a bit heavier then the TLS but much more durable.. long lasting suit... we see very few issues with these in for repairs.

There is a Santi Dealer in Ottawa now and I am hearing some good reviews on that.. I deal in DUI, BARE and looking at SANTI now..

if there is anything I can do to help let me know.. but I am in Canada so.. not sure I can help you that much... but you can look me up at "custom diving services"

DUI has also just release the FLX Extreme.. but I have not seen it yet... I am going to check it out at BTS they are supposed to have it there..

if you want to go cheaper.. DUI also has the CNse back zipper.. similar material to the CF200 but a bit lighter and strechy... only it is call hyper compressed neoprene vs Crushed... a bit thinner..

we have moved a lot of these suits in this last year.. and I mean a lot for us.. we sell.. but mainly we are a repair facility not focused on sale of new suits... so I can tell you what we see more repairs on... I know everyone pushes the TLS 350 but we see more of these suits for repairs then any other suit...
    Last edited by Canadian Tekdive; 16th March 2010 at 03:46.

RBW Member Zuercher is an unknown quantity at this point Zuercher's Avatar
    JJ-CCR,Triton M3S

Ap Inspiration Classic

Quote Originally Posted by NickB  View Original Post
    I did my JJ-CCR level one with a guy from Finland and he was in an Ursuit 'Heavy-Light' and that looks like a superb suit. The material approximates to a TLS. I'd love one for travelling with but we don't have a distributor in the UK AKAIK.
    Silent Planet , Silent Planet Ltd. United Kingdom and Ireland Scuba diving equipment importers and distributors. , is the distributor for Ursuit drysuits in UK. They will have a stand and suits to be seen at London International Dive Show.

RBW Member cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron's Avatar
    KISS Classic

DUI 450 custom fit... oh shes a beaut Clarke ;)

Cam
    Last edited by cameron; 16th March 2010 at 13:46.

RBW Member NickB has a spectacular aura about NickB has a spectacular aura about NickB has a spectacular aura about NickB has a spectacular aura about NickB has a spectacular aura about NickB has a spectacular aura about NickB's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

Quote Originally Posted by Zuercher  View Original Post
    Silent Planet , Silent Planet Ltd. United Kingdom and Ireland Scuba diving equipment importers and distributors. , is the distributor for Ursuit drysuits in UK. They will have a stand and suits to be seen at London International Dive Show.
    Thanks Zuercher. That's hot off the press!

Looks like I might get a local dealer too

RBW Member trakrat is on a distinguished road trakrat is on a distinguished road trakrat's Avatar
    rEvo

northern diver RBX
    great fitting suit and looks cool

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast