+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: What's the Best Drysuit?

RBW Member Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge's Avatar
    rEvo II

Evolution

Re: What's the Best Drysuit?

Quote Originally Posted by kevin stone  View Original Post
    Hi Serge
    Divers Cove in Essex Ct. has the Ursuit
    Home
    They streched out the arms on my Bare, but my next suit will be the Ursuit tough as nails.
    They should be at BTS
    Excellent. I will look them up at the BTS. Do you know how it compares to the CF200? Is it just as heavy? Or is it more lightweight like the TLS350? I like something tough, but not too bulky. Also what is the going price on those? Many thanks.

RBW Key Holder
    Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Coote  View Original Post
    Otter brittanic with a front zip latex cuffs and neoprene neck.
    I second this, but like my Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment

Jeff Tindall icestac is just really nice icestac is just really nice icestac is just really nice icestac is just really nice icestac is just really nice icestac is just really nice icestac is just really nice icestac is just really nice icestac is just really nice icestac is just really nice icestac's Avatar
    rEvo

Optima

Be sure to check out the new HOG drysuits that they released at DEMA last year. I got one and am very happy with it. It is heavy duty like the Pinnacle Evolution 2, but it is not stiff like them which is great. Plus they are a great company.

Cheers,
    Jeff

RBW Member Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge is a splendid one to behold Serge's Avatar
    rEvo II

Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Bowen  View Original Post
    I second this, but like my Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment
    I agree on the Weezle Extreme +, I think its the most comfortable and warmest undergarment. It slides freely under the suit, which makes it feel less constrictive. The Fourth Element provides not as much thermal protection and feels very bulky. I did look at the Otter suits before, maybe it's just me, but they just don't seem very comfortable or functional from the website pictures.

RBW Key Holder
    Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Serge  View Original Post
    I agree on the Weezle Extreme +, I think its the most comfortable and warmest undergarment. It slides freely under the suit, which makes it feel less constrictive. The Fourth Element provides not as much thermal protection and feels very bulky. I did look at the Otter suits before, maybe it's just me, but they just don't seem very comfortable or functional from the website pictures.
    My Otter Brittanic is the most comfortable dry suits I have ever owned.

rEvo II

Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by icestac  View Original Post
    Be sure to check out the new HOG drysuits that they released at DEMA last year. I got one and am very happy with it. It is heavy duty like the Pinnacle Evolution 2, but it is not stiff like them which is great. Plus they are a great company.

Cheers,
    Jeff
    That actually looks like a very descent option. Thanks for the link. I'll look for them at the BTS.

RBW Member hellbent has a spectacular aura about hellbent has a spectacular aura about hellbent has a spectacular aura about hellbent has a spectacular aura about hellbent has a spectacular aura about hellbent has a spectacular aura about hellbent's Avatar
    Ouroboros

DUI is coming out with a new suit that appears to be made out of the lower section of the CLX 450 (all black). I saw it a few weeks ago at Our World Underwater, so it should be at BTS. It appears to be tougher than a TLS, but more flexible than a CLX. I don't remember what they were calling it, but it does interest me.

LAR Addict RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag is a jewel in the rough RGMag's Avatar
    LAR VI FGT LAR VI Clone

OMG MK4 CDV and MK4 CSC

Hi, I did choose the ursuit over the santi as the santi had very long delivery times when I wanted it and the price was same as the ursuit where as the quality is not as good as the ursuit, so why wait for the sani when I can have the ursuit for the same price including the underwear already.

The ursuit is a realy tough suit, quite heavy but realy durable material, from what I read it is not as stiff as the santi but sure quite stiff compared to normal trilaminate suits (which are also available from ursuit).

I was thinking about a DUI too, but price is so high in europe, almost 1000€ more then the ursuit... donīt know how this is in the US.

Just my thoughts about it, best is to try several suits on to see which fitīs your needs and size! I did so and would never buy a suit again without being able to see it in nature before I buy!

RBW Member NickB has a spectacular aura about NickB has a spectacular aura about NickB has a spectacular aura about NickB has a spectacular aura about NickB has a spectacular aura about NickB has a spectacular aura about NickB's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

I own a DUI CLX and it's excellent. I'd have preferred a custom fit - mine's a standard Large and although the cut is OK, it's a little restrictive in a few places. Very robust though and the ZipSeals are a great addition.

I did my JJ-CCR level one with a guy from Finland and he was in an Ursuit 'Heavy-Light' and that looks like a superb suit. The material approximates to a TLS. I'd love one for travelling with but we don't have a distributor in the UK AKAIK.

Closed Account anton610 is an unknown quantity at this point anton610's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NickB  View Original Post
    I own a DUI CLX and it's excellent. I'd have preferred a custom fit - mine's a standard Large and although the cut is OK, it's a little restrictive in a few places. Very robust though and the ZipSeals are a great addition.

I did my JJ-CCR level one with a guy from Finland and he was in an Ursuit 'Heavy-Light' and that looks like a superb suit. The material approximates to a TLS. I'd love one for travelling with but we don't have a distributor in the UK AKAIK.

thats right the clx is very good, a little bit expensive but very good for cave and wreck diving.

regards