+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: "Flue Η1Ν1" - did you get your kids vaccined?

In search of Law breaking Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw's Avatar
    Meggy Meg...

Got the best one from day 1...

"Flue Η1Ν1" - did you get your kids vaccined?

hi guys,

sorry for this issue. i just got call from my wife, telling that the doc suggested we get our young one vaccined.

i must admit i am very very sceptical about this, as he info tha goes on around the media (maybe due to the fact that there were zillions of vaccines made and needed to be sold) is not very well put.

i am not very sure of if i have to do it or not. off course i will also have a second & third opinion, but as this is a place where many people can respond quickly so we can have a comparison, can you tell me if you did or not?

or even if you did it yourself?

Thank you all in advance. when it comes to your kids, then all fun goes away...

Spyros

for a world of water OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity's Avatar
    homebuild/custom

Re: "Flue Η1Ν1" - did you get your kids vaccined?

my wife is a pediatrician...she recommends everyone getting it. Opinions vary doc to doc, but the consensus from her colelagues has been that it is beneficial

In search of Law breaking Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw's Avatar
    Meggy Meg...

Got the best one from day 1...

Quote Originally Posted by OceanOpportunity  View Original Post
    my wife is a pediatrician...she recommends everyone getting it. Opinions vary doc to doc, but the consensus from her colelagues has been that it is beneficial
    Michael thanks,

but many doctors advice you to do it. politicians and health ministers come out and try to persuade people to do it. but the question is, did they do it themselves, did their children get it?

this is what i am after.

Thanks again,

Spyros

Supporting Member DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill's Avatar
    HammerHead

Dolphin

It's very helpfull to the company making the vacineand those who distribute it.

As wide spread as this is; how many people do you know that have it or have had it? I own homes in two cities; one in San Diego, one in Boise Id., and spend a lot of time in NY and Boston for work as well as in Montana with family.

I know of exactly zero people who have or had swine flu and zero people that know anyone that has it or has had it.

I'm sure Al Gore will come up with a way to tie it into global warming though.

Swine flu, global warming and the APOC all have the same thing in common.

RBW Member Barbuzard is an unknown quantity at this point Barbuzard's Avatar
    Ouroboros, Inspiration

Hi,
    From my point of view, that's not my choice to do it.
    My question is: do you see that pandemic problem they promis?
    And as always there is a big campain for vaccination, there happening problems in a next futur.
    I spoke with a neurologist this morning and he said me it was a problem with the hepatic vaccin... 10 years after.
    But that is only my opinion.

RBW Member Edvin M will become famous soon enough Edvin M will become famous soon enough Edvin M will become famous soon enough Edvin M will become famous soon enough Edvin M's Avatar
    Homebuilt

Remember SARS or the birdflue? I don't....

It's just another "big scary" disease all made up in the minds of people from the tabloid press and medical corparation.

Ok, perhaps a bit harsh, it's probably a bit worse than the normal flue coming around each year. A few people will surely die from it just as a few people die from the normal flue each year and the best thing would be if everyone got vaccinated as soon as possible but there is just too many of the wrong people taking advantage of this and similar stories to make too much money for them selves!

Classic Kiss diver Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty is a name known to all Sutty's Avatar
    Classic Kiss 165

Personally I would get my kids vaccinated (if I had any), and have had the vaccine myself (offered early as 1st-line heathcare professional - I'm an intensive care consultant in the UK).

New Scientist (a science magazine in the UK) had a very good review of the facts and myths of swine flu here, well worth reading, although I'm not sure it includes all the information (eg deaths by age group), that the original article did.

Neil

for a world of water OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity's Avatar
    homebuild/custom

Quote Originally Posted by Edvin M  View Original Post
    Remember SARS or the birdflue? I don't....

It's just another "big scary" disease all made up in the minds of people from the tabloid press and medical corparation.

Ok, perhaps a bit harsh, it's probably a bit worse than the normal flue coming around each year. A few people will surely die from it just as a few people die from the normal flue each year and the best thing would be if everyone got vaccinated as soon as possible but there is just too many of the wrong people taking advantage of this and similar stories to make too much money for them selves!
    well, think of it as you will...but I can say with 100% certainty - seeing as I am married to a physician that has had to treat patients with H1N1 - that this flu is not under control by any means. I have heard more than a handful of firsthand stories come up about patients dying within a very short time of being diagnosed. There are still too many unknowns to simply blow it off.

I dont think there is reason to cause a mass panic, but one should heed the warnings and do what is possible, and responsible, to mitigate risk...get your kids vaccinated, especially if they participate in activities with any physical interaction-sports, etc. Get yourself vaccinated if you travel, or are around large volumes of people in cities, or work with a generally unhealthy population of people.

On the vaccine itself...hardly a money making scheme. The US govt actually had to make a decision on how much vaccine it would fund producing, as funds were not allocated to produce both normal flu and H1N1...it was one or the other. Many hospitals ran out of the first run, and physicians were treated in phases based on the degree of exposure risk.

RBW Member Marc will become famous soon enough Marc will become famous soon enough Marc will become famous soon enough Marc will become famous soon enough Marc's Avatar

Not an MD but as a biomedical scientist I think the hole H1N1 thing is massively exaggerated. I would not get it but the choice really is yours to make. Maybe balance the hysteria out with some good old conspiracy (?)

The Jane Burgermeister website - investigating the swine fluÂ*pandemic

Not sure btw if RB divers should be made reference point for every decision that has to be made in life....

Cheers, Marc

Helium Addict O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver's Avatar

Asked my doctor about it in October. He said there was a massive flu vaccination program in the late 70s. If you received that vaccination which was essentially the same as this one, you were covered. Now if you are old or fairly young and / or have underlining health issues, you may be in a different situation. My wife and I chose not to.

Personally I avoid most vaccinations, pain killers and drugs in general. It is my feeling that the body fights the enemies better left to it's own defensives. On the rare occasion when I need an antibiotic, they work very well because I haven't built up a tolerance to them.

This is my opinion......your mileage may vary.

Ted

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast