+ Reply to Thread

Thread: sea marshall epirb

RBW Member trakrat is on a distinguished road trakrat is on a distinguished road trakrat's Avatar
    rEvo

sea marshall epirb

has anyone got one of these Lost Diver Alerting Unit, Personal Locator Beacon, PLB8-LD ‘SOS®’
    or knows anything about them?
    good or bad?

RBW Member sea_ledford is an unknown quantity at this point sea_ledford's Avatar
    SF2

Re: sea marshall epirb

Yep, Todd (Dzlhead) and Chris at North Shore Explorers use them on every dive for everyone. We fired them off anytime we came up and the boat wasn't near by and never had a failure, AFAIK. There is a standard and deep model, but I can't remember what the ratings were. The standard definitely made it past 130 ft. though. Fortunately never tested the range with the CG.

Chris

Scuba Nerd voets has a spectacular aura about voets has a spectacular aura about voets has a spectacular aura about voets has a spectacular aura about voets has a spectacular aura about voets has a spectacular aura about voets's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

Ray, RG-UF/M , FGT I/D

I have got one. Took it with me on my liveaboard on the red sea, but we did't have to use it.
    It's small enough to fit in a pocket somewhere. You have to tell the captain or divemaster beforehand that you are carrying one, and that they should tell the rescue party to look for you on the right frequency. I don't think most boats are carrying their own locater yet.

It's not cheap, but also not prohibitvely expensive (paid something like 220 euro). Anyone diving at sea should find this a good investment into their security
    Last edited by voets; 14th December 2009 at 14:04.

RBW Member Ivan Calcoen is a jewel in the rough Ivan Calcoen is a jewel in the rough Ivan Calcoen is a jewel in the rough Ivan Calcoen is a jewel in the rough Ivan Calcoen is a jewel in the rough Ivan Calcoen is a jewel in the rough Ivan Calcoen is a jewel in the rough Ivan Calcoen's Avatar
    Apocalypse mCCR

Dräger Dolphin SCR to mCCR

jep,

have one 2.
    Must be more than 5 years old and still working.

Ivan

+ Reply to Thread