+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Regs Depth or other limitations? any info?

In search of Law breaking Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw's Avatar
    Meggy Meg...

Got the best one from day 1...

Regs Depth or other limitations? any info?

hello guys,

i was thinking about any information regarding the matter of which regulators have a depth limitation and how deep. or any other limiting factor for someone to buy.

wa wondering if there anyone with a list of info about the most common ones that circulate among us.

thanks.

Spyros

Markku Diedrich Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure's Avatar
    Megalodon Apeks 2.5

Classic Inspiration

Re: Regs Depth or other limitations? any info?

Poseidon have tested their xstream regs down to 200m. (swedish nayv done the dives), but there are one or two people who have done 250m + dives with apeks and mares regs. Because of the spare part situation i donīt use the mares regs. IMHO i would use the apeks, solid, the spare parts are cheap and the service is very easy and can done by your self ( with little understanding of reg technic).

The poseidon regs and their spare parts are very expensive. When you have free flow at a poseidon reg you donīt need a scooter. The outcome of the gas flow is so strong that your tanks are empty in few minutes. The apeks have the same performance as the poseidons, but due to technical reasons such a free flow as at the poseidon regs is impossible. For me this can be a security detail.

The mares have a good WOB too, but get any parts is not easy. And they use many spare parts in thier regs, like the MR22 or so.

Good luck with your search and enjoy the deep dive.
    Post a report here, please.

Jani Haaja jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja's Avatar
    JJ-CCR, Inspo Classic

HH Inspo

You can not go wrong with any of the apeks TX40/50, ATX40/50 or XTX40/50.

JH
    Finland

The jungle CCR guy !!! brunospf is an unknown quantity at this point brunospf's Avatar
    Megalodon Apecs 2.7 with SW

Megalodon Apecs 2.7a

Take care with the Apeks DS4 regulators on the Meg down 100 m+ dephts with OPV valves. I lost all my onboard gases when Iīm diving at 122 meters because the overbalanced system of the DS4 overshut the OPV capacity.

If you will use the DS4 on that depths, go without the dry sealed system.

cheers,

Bruno

Quote Originally Posted by Fun Under Pressure  View Original Post
    Poseidon have tested their xstream regs down to 200m. (swedish nayv done the dives), but there are one or two people who have done 250m + dives with apeks and mares regs. Because of the spare part situation i donīt use the mares regs. IMHO i would use the apeks, solid, the spare parts are cheap and the service is very easy and can done by your self ( with little understanding of reg technic).

The poseidon regs and their spare parts are very expensive. When you have free flow at a poseidon reg you donīt need a scooter. The outcome of the gas flow is so strong that your tanks are empty in few minutes. The apeks have the same performance as the poseidons, but due to technical reasons such a free flow as at the poseidon regs is impossible. For me this can be a security detail.

The mares have a good WOB too, but get any parts is not easy. And they use many spare parts in thier regs, like the MR22 or so.

Good luck with your search and enjoy the deep dive.
    Post a report here, please.

Jani Haaja jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja's Avatar
    JJ-CCR, Inspo Classic

HH Inspo

Quote Originally Posted by brunospf  View Original Post
    Take care with the Apeks DS4 regulators on the Meg down 100 m+ dephts with OPV valves. I lost all my onboard gases when Iīm diving at 122 meters because the overbalanced system of the DS4 overshut the OPV capacity.

If you will use the DS4 on that depths, go without the dry sealed system.

cheers,

Bruno
    What was the setting on the OPV? Must have been quite low...

The over balancing does not raise the IP that much...

JH
    Finland

The jungle CCR guy !!! brunospf is an unknown quantity at this point brunospf's Avatar

Megalodon Apecs 2.7a

Hi JH,

Iīm diving with factory setting, that was 220/250 PSI, that I suppose. I donīt know the IP resulting of the over balacing system on the DS4 at that depth.

Now I will use only Apeks US4 regulators on my Meg for big dives. My buddy change the Apeks to Scubapro Mk25.

cheers,

Bruno

Quote Originally Posted by jhaaja  View Original Post
    What was the setting on the OPV? Must have been quite low...

The over balancing does not raise the IP that much...

JH
    Finland
    Last edited by brunospf; 20th November 2009 at 19:25.

In search of Law breaking Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw's Avatar
    Meggy Meg...

guys,

thanks for the posts. i also use the MK25s on the meg, but mk2s for bail tanks. any issues with that?

Spyros

Megalodon Apecs 2.7a

Hi Spyros,

Iīm using the Mk25/S550 on my deep bail out and Mk2/R190 on my oxygen bail out tank without problems.

If you will use on the bail out tanks, no problems at all with the Apeks DS4 with a balanced Apeks second stage. Iīm using Apeks US4/AT20 on my travel tanks.

cheers,

Bruno

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw  View Original Post
    guys,

thanks for the posts. i also use the MK25s on the meg, but mk2s for bail tanks. any issues with that?

Spyros

RBW Member offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro's Avatar
    rEvo, FGT, Boris

Meg

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw  View Original Post
    guys,

Spyros

MK25 for dil/o2 on the MEG and MK2 on bailout?

Why do you have your high performance regs an your RB and and the regs with lower performance on the bailout? I thought it shuld bw the other way around?

MK25 are good regs!

Meggy Meg...

Quote Originally Posted by offpro  View Original Post
    MK25 for dil/o2 on the MEG and MK2 on bailout?

Why do you have your high performance regs an your Rebreather and and the regs with lower performance on the bailout? I thought it shuld bw the other way around?

MK25 are good regs!
    yeah, i know. i use the MK25s for the design which helps me route my hoses around the RB. any issues with depth limitation of the MK2s?

Spyros

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast