+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: DIY temp stick.

RBW Member Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse's Avatar
    rEvoIII mini hCCR

RG-UMF,IDA 71,rEvo mCCR

DIY temp stick.

I have been thinking of building a temp stick but have a few questions.

What temp range does the scrubber work at?
    How many sensors would be optimal?

What I am thinking is 3 LEDs per sensor.
    One to show the circuit is working, one for warm , one for hot.

How do other units work?

Nutty dentist - uwdriller divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov's Avatar
    homebuilder

rEvo powered inspo

Re: DIY temp stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Packhorse  View Original Post
    I have been thinking of building a temp stick but have a few questions.

What temp range does the scrubber work at?
    How many sensors would be optimal?

What I am thinking is 3 LEDs per sensor.
    One to show the circuit is working, one for warm , one for hot.

How do other units work?

Hi Greg

i dont think it is a matter of warm and hot as I guess the hight increase depends on too many factors.
    As I am aware most units just measure the temp. increase. A little bit like the stuff you can glue to teh outside of you mug and it changes color as it gets warm.

It would be however interesting if you can measure the temp increase on the outside of teh canister ? as this would be great for aftermarket to a variety of Rebreather's.

Basically you would compare the temp at the sensor to ambient temp, and if there is a significant temp increase you would read this.

cheers
    Herman

PS I packed your hood on sunday - shall i post it down to you
    Last edited by divelermentov; 28th September 2009 at 03:27.

Nutty dentist - uwdriller divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov is a glorious beacon of light divelermentov's Avatar
    homebuilder

rEvo powered inspo

Maybe one sensor every 1inch ??

Brent - Narked at 90
    divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld's Avatar
    Deep Pursuit or a Camelion

and 11 others inc. a UT-240

CO2 sensor

Pete did a superb job back in 2002.
    Copying skips understanding. Understanding is how you grow. You have to understand why something works or why something is how it is. When you copy it, you miss that. WWW.NARKEDAT90.COM
    www.puwer.co.uk PUWER and Machinery CE Marking www.ce-eu.com

RBW Member Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse's Avatar
    rEvoIII mini hCCR

RG-UMF,IDA 71,rEvo mCCR

Excellent set up. Thanks for the link.

homebuilder

rEvo powered inspo

what you could do as well
    3 leds per sensor
    1st led shows sensor is on
    2nd led comes on when delta c positive
    3rd led comes on when delta c is negative

this way you would have two bands of leds moving thru the display, showing a) that the scrubber is getting warm - therefore is working and b) cooling of again.

If you base this on delta c rather than absolute temp this should work on cold as well as warm water.
    Secondly if you now can attach this to the outside of the scrubber you wouldn't need any extra cables to go thru the scrubber, if the sensors are sensitive enough they should still pick up a temp increase.

Choose Freedom - UKIP Scubascooby is a jewel in the rough Scubascooby is a jewel in the rough Scubascooby is a jewel in the rough Scubascooby is a jewel in the rough Scubascooby is a jewel in the rough Scubascooby is a jewel in the rough Scubascooby is a jewel in the rough Scubascooby's Avatar

I am not an electronics expert but I recently discovered the Arduino devices and wondered if they might be useful for projects like this. Maybe they are no good at A/D conversion. I don't know.

I did think that they might make a good ascent rate alarm.

I'd quite like a temp stick in the KISS to check scrubber operation prior to diving. Just knowing that there is no bypass would be good.

rEvoIII mini hCCR

RG-UMF,IDA 71,rEvo mCCR

I was hoping to make an analogue device as I am crap at writing code and never done any A-D stuff.
    But then digital is probably the best way to go.

Problem is I need to build 2 as I use parallel IDA 71 scrubbers.

homebuilder

rEvo powered inspo

I somehow wld prefer analog, less chance for the device to hang , and maybe if you could make the numeric sclae in german even i wld know how to read it

cheers
    herman the german

DOH! 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68 is a splendid one to behold 19Hunter68's Avatar
    IDA72 - sorrta

Quote Originally Posted by divetheworld  View Original Post
    CO2 sensor

Pete did a superb job back in 2002.
    Anything new on this idea? Seems like it worked very well.

Cheers,
    Hunter

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast