+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Frog rebreather

Acme Serpentine Lubricant lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland's Avatar
    There was a unit on ebay last year. Strange looking smooth fabric wrapped hoses like coolant hoses on it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Too ugly to get laid bherman is a jewel in the rough bherman is a jewel in the rough bherman is a jewel in the rough bherman is a jewel in the rough bherman is a jewel in the rough bherman is a jewel in the rough bherman is a jewel in the rough bherman's Avatar
    Hammerhead Classic

Re: Frog rebreather

Quote Originally Posted by Britt  View Original Post
    As I recall, I stopped by the booth at the DEMA in 2009 and took a look at it. I was once an MDEA Instructor (the MDEA based in Nashville) and when I mentioned it to them, they seemed to shy away from my questions about the unit and its capabilities. It seems that the FROG is endorsed by the MDEA out of Marathon FL.

I must admit that I have not seen one in the water and the unit they had on display didnt seem operational. My biggest concern I had was the canister seemed really thin. I asked them about it and I was told that it didnt need to be thick since it was pressurized... I didnt need to ask them anything else after that.
    Thanks for the reply. Based on your statement one should apparently stay away from it.
    Had another look at Chett L.'s photos from the show, in this (RebreatherWorld Gallery - IMG_2079 - Powered by PhotoPost) it looks like the wall is buckling, as if the walls are made of soft plastic. Could it be that it is only the prepacked scrubbermaterial and that there is a canister going on the outside of it?
    And what's the purpose of this "sock"? RebreatherWorld Gallery - FROG MK 1 - Powered by PhotoPost.
    Dang, must be the counterlung i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by lizardland  View Original Post
    There was a unit on ebay last year. Strange looking smooth fabric wrapped hoses like coolant hoses on it.
    Yeah, i saw that in the pictures on their website and in Chett L.'s photos of the unit. I don't think it's the unit's worst feature...

RBW Member turbine is an unknown quantity at this point turbine's Avatar
    inspiration

There was one on Ebay a few months ago. It was on there for awhile. Didn't look like it had been used much and seemed like all the pieces were there as per the pictures.

Banned jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont is a splendid one to behold jont's Avatar
    Revo3 RMS, Revo3 Micro FT, MEG

HH, YBOD, Drager, MK, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Wol  View Original Post
    Has anyone dived or reviewed the FROG rebreather?? - it looks very simple and elegant? - not sure if they are still going?

REBREATHER TECHNOLOGIES, INC
    It's nonsense the unit does not exist, they've been around for years talking about what they don't have.....sound familiar?

Acme Serpentine Lubricant lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jont  View Original Post
    It's nonsense the unit does not exist, they've been around for years talking about what they don't have.....sound familiar?
    I think it was 1996 when my local ANDI place was promoting them. Maybe they just need time to catch on :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Banned Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del's Avatar
    JJ, it rocks!

Sports KISS

There's a modified one at southern cross divers... Modified as a BOB.

Cheers

Andy

RBW Member udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn is just really nice udtabn's Avatar
    prism,larv/tubx,leba54,dolphin

mk15,lar vII, ray

i know the guy who bought the frog on flea bay (i told him to stay away from it ) he bought it any way ............its never dove and never will......he wanted me to get it running for him , and i dont wany anything to do wilth it , told him to put it in a glass case and display it ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

RBW Key Holder
    Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

I have seen one at many shows (for years), but have never seen one or heard from anyone that has ever been in the water with one....

Chris Ferrar hyrax is an unknown quantity at this point hyrax's Avatar
    Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by udtabn  View Original Post
    i know the guy who bought the frog on flea bay (i told him to stay away from it ) he bought it any way ............its never dove and never will......he wanted me to get it running for him , and i dont wany anything to do wilth it , told him to put it in a glass case and display it ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Good plan, tell him I'll give him $100 for it.

Its kind of a reverse kiss idea. Flow is set high and you flush the loop when ppo2 gets high. The worest thing is the beer can size scruber.

There is one on Flea bay for 100 plus shipping. I wonder if its the same unit.